Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Omega Flight #2 [Got it]

I really want an R rated comic just to watch them litterally tear the wreckign crew limb from limb

And I want an X-rated comic just to watch ******** *** ** **** from limb.

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

I have no idea what you just said

Glad most of you are really enjoying #2. #3 is going to crank things up another notch - brace yourselves!

BTW- has anyone else seen the Sasquatch appearance in Woverine #53? WTF? I'm going to have a talk with that Loeb fellow.

scottk.

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default Getting back to the heroic aspects of OF...

...the Wrecking Crew, in # 1, apparently killed a bar full of patrons. Add the town they looted while Thunderball is torturing Sasquatch, and I hope that the entire foursome pays a dear price for the evil they are bringing.

While I stand by the assessment that both issues are solid, Omega Flight can get better. I'm one who doesn't particularly like the decision to add Michael Pointer to the group, so I like Talisman's reaction to having him foisted on Canada, but I sincerely hope that issue three deals with him with the brevity and succinctness as Daisy vs. USAgent. Besides, if Pointer stays on Omega Flight---if Omega Flight actually survives the run-in with The Wrecking Crew and/or "the real villains"---then the likelihood of the twins joining this group is slim, since (iirc) Michael's power is to absorb mutants' power.

I don't want to go into Aurora's biology was changed so she's technically not a mutant anymore....I just want to take things uncomplicatedly, for as long as possible. Walter is Sasquatch...period. Narya is Snowbird...
    period. The twins are mutant siblings...period. And Elizabeth is Talisman...period.

# 2 is tighter than # 1 in that it settles down and focuses on the formation of the team, but I really wanted a more personal exchange between Talisman and Iron Man. I know Marvel time is not real time, but some time has passed since the destruction of Alpha Flight yet this seems to be the 1st time Tony has offered his condolences.

I wish Talisman had said:

"So you're going to help/protect us/Canada like you helped/protected Bill Foster...and Captain America?"

or something to that effect, to bring home Iron Man's lethal (mi)stakes.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Kolins
    Glad most of you are really enjoying #2. #3 is going to crank things up another notch - brace yourselves!

BTW- has anyone else seen the Sasquatch appearance in Woverine #53? WTF? I'm going to have a talk with that Loeb fellow.

scottk.
    Well you have impressed us all Scott, love your visions quests

Yes, I even posted on Mike's board about it. He better not be making him a lupine, and compared to your Sasquatch he looks like a wet dog on crack

well in all honesty when issue #1 was written Oeming didn't know captain america was going to die, thus sasquatch says "It aint cpatain ammerica"... thus, if you use that plus the fact a civillian mistakes U S Agent for captain america, you can figure that oeming still was unaware of the death of cap at this point thus he couldn't refer to it in the conversation as he wouldn't have known yet

scottk.
    Thank You!! I almost fell over when I saw that.

Grade to hear about the cranking in issue 3. I can't wait. Talisman's transformation was so awesome, it's pretty obvious that she's come up quite a bit in her powers.

scottk.
    when you posted this it made me remeber about your appearence in roundrock tx, I totally forgot to go today.. wooops

Now I figured out what you guys were talking about the robot legs, I was stumped. I thought you were talking about Bill's vision where he draws on the paper and we see Sasquatch and a gateway.

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    Now I figured out what you guys were talking about the robot legs, I was stumped. I thought you were talking about Bill's vision where he draws on the paper and we see Sasquatch and a gateway.
    Simon has Bill's legs in the dream sequence and looks to be leaning against a giant hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead
    ..Wait did The Wreking Crew walk from BC to Toronto!? lol I'm sure they drove.. just wondering what happened to their car.
    Since their splash panel has an Ontario license plate on it, I think they've always been close to TO.
    "You cannot win, mailman Mike. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

Simon has Bill's legs in the dream sequence and looks to be leaning against a giant hammer.
    Yeah I saw that, but I thought you were talking about his vision not Talisman. That's why I was stumped.

Quote Originally Posted by Transmetropolitan
    ..Wait did The Wreking Crew walk from BC to Toronto!? lol I'm sure they drove.. just wondering what happened to their car.
    Since their splash panel has an Ontario license plate on it, I think they've always been close to TO.
    Their hideout, Walter's apt and the fight scene look an aweful lot like Vancouver to me (I lived there for a year). It was raining in both places, I assumed it meant the same city. Plus I don't think there's too many mountain ranges like that in Ontario. Although I could be wrong.

plus its stated in alpha already that Walters APT is in BC