Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Omega Flight #2 [Got it]

So was the muesum the ROM they were going to?

Lion-O's 2nd Cousin Alpha Flight

Man, but the art is boo-ti-ful. I LOVED the spotlight given to Eliz- I mean Talisman! The reeming she gave Stark and Danvers was great. The fight between USAgent and Daisy was eye-popping.
    I already like Arachne and her daughter based on their intro. Alpha has always had a strong family aspect in the book, nice to see Omega continuing that.
    The spirit world was an interesting journey. Also enjoyed the Shaman-in-the-Clouds.

Pacing seems fine to me. I hate super condensed books. As for Pointer in the straps, I'm sure it will be explained next issue, I have patience.

But how DID the Wrecking Crew get cross-country so fast? With a trussed up Sasquatch in tow?
    The world is NOT getting more Alpha Flight! Tweet me you twits! @DaVeO52

An excellent issue.

Elizabeth's reaction to the news about Walter is a VERY good hook to get her onboard. The one thing to get her involved with a project she disapproves of. Her cold shoulder to Iron Man and Ms. Marvel is very cool, and Iron Man's failure to directly contradict her is hilarious in my eyes.

Snowbird seems to be getting set up as the mover and shaker behind Omega's formation (check "Bill's" sketches. I really like 'em).

I personally thought Walter was standing up to torture pretty well. The Wrecking Crew, for all that they've jobbed in the past, are actually pretty bad dudes.

And he was being worked over with what looked like a linoleum knife by a superstrong DOCTOR.

I'm glad that U.S. Agent's fight with Daisy was such a brief affair.The solicit had me worried that the issue would focus too heavily upon JUST Agent. That said, I LOVE his attitude here.

I just wish we'd seen his reaction after his "keep your mumbo-jumbo out of my way" bit was followed by a display of decidedly un-fuzzy mumbo-jumbo.

Arachne's fun and all, and my only beef with her has to do with her side in Civil War.

She WORKED for the Feds before. She was on Mystique's Freedom Force. In fact, her role on the team was to be a spy FOR the Feds, since they had no reason to trust the Brotherhood members. And now she minds so much she basically has to flee the country?

Honestly, my only real beef with the issue?

You're a Toronto police officer. A normal guy.

You see four jackanapes carrying SASQUATCH around wrapped in a chain and looking like he's been used as a punching bag. SASQUATCH. One of the most visually distinct of your country's superheroes- and these guys have evidently thrashed him.

And you open fire on them. With your pistol.

Way to be smart.

Edit: ANd I just noticed, on the same page, that the Wrecker calls Piledriver "Thunderball" Whoops!
    "You cannot win, mailman Mike. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    So was the muesum the ROM they were going to?
    Yup. It was.

I loved this book more then I loved the first one. Can't wait for the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by RatCat
    I loved this book more then I loved the first one. Can't wait for the next one.
    Ha! awesome touch, I love the ROM but even I have a hard time finding it

what were under the two sheets on either side of BRB's alter ego???

Quote Originally Posted by SmurfInABlender
    what were under the two sheets on either side of BRB's alter ego???
    Sheets? you mean those red stones? I have no idea, I don;t remember seeing that at the ROM.

I figured they would have soemthign to do with that scene that he was drawing.. it looekd liek maybe soem type of robot was in the picture, perhaps soemthign like that is under the sheets

or were they stones?

Alright I read it again and I'm thinking maybe Walt is playing possum. Towards the end when they put him out on display he's conscious but not fighting back. Maybe he knows the calvary is coming?

Overall the issue grew on me a little. (btw sold out in the two shops I know about in Philly) The art is great. I don't know how long it takes to do a page but attention to detail really catches the eye. I don't read comics regularly any more but this one is really sharp.

I figured they would have soemthign to do with that scene that he was drawing.. it looekd liek maybe soem type of robot was in the picture, perhaps soemthign like that is under the sheets

or were they stones?
    what page you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by PWalk
    Alright I read it again and I'm thinking maybe Walt is playing possum. Towards the end when they put him out on display he's conscious but not fighting back. Maybe he knows the calvary is coming?

Overall the issue grew on me a little. (btw sold out in the two shops I know about in Philly) The art is great. I don't know how long it takes to do a page but attention to detail really catches the eye. I don't read comics regularly any more but this one is really sharp.
    yeah the artwork was very detailed. I just had a little bit of a problem with one panel....a closeup of Talisman that stretched her face a bit much. Other than that the book was awesome. I love the storytelling, and as many of you know I'm all about a good story. Decent art will keep me if the story is good. Great art won't keep me through a bad story though (unless it's AF V3 I guess). It hurt being a completist for V3!
    "Well, the only person talking about love today is the preacher. And it seems noboday gets just all the learning but the teacher."

The Temptations "Ball of Confusion"

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi

or were they stones?
    what page you talking about?
    in BRB's picture he was drawing.. it looked like sasquatch and soem robot in a city or soemthing, or was that one of the great beasts?

in BRB's picture he was drawing.. it looked like sasquatch and soem robot in a city or soemthing, or was that one of the great beasts?
    Oh I know what your talking about and naaaa...was a temple or potentially a gateway the true villians will use to enter our realm and the key is Wrecker's crowbar.

ha just realized it doesn't actually say great beasts says creat..and then under beasts. Nice touch.

or were they stones?
    They sorta look like Box's feet from the time he absorbed Bedlam's Arctic complex, so he could be big enough to fight Tundra way back in the first series.

I REALLY want Talisman to take USAgent's voice away from him (she could do that, eh?) just to see him flip out.

And I REALLY REALLY want to see Sas stomp Thunderball!