Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Omega Flight #2 [Got it]

I personally find the art amazing, probably some of the best art in comics lately, has a great feel to it.

I didn't spot nay easter eggs no

Thoroughly enjoyed this issue. Can't really think of any minuses apart from the scream from the pit as Thunderball came out. We already knew that Sas was being tortured, this just seemed like overkill to me, a bit of a pointless panel. (IMHO)

Talismans actions in regards to Iron Man seem perfectly in character. She's always been feisty and ready to speak her mind. Does she need to chill? Well let's see, a neighbouring country introduces a draconian law with dictatorial overtures that causes villains that wouldn't normally visit Canada to come over and knock the **** out of the place. I think she has every reason to rip Iron Man a new one.

In regards to Easter Eggs, wasn't Shaman supposed to be in a cloud or something?
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by SmurfInABlender
    Quote Originally Posted by Transmetropolitan
    Quote Originally Posted by SmurfInABlender
    plus its stated in alpha already that Walters APT is in BC
    And he's on the record as having done Hulklike leaps to cover distances. Plus, the Government could certainly have gfiven him a ride.

FTR- yes, it looks like BC. But we're never told just WHERE it is, are we?
    i'm pretty sure around within byrne's run they go to his apartment in BC, and is refered to as "Walter's apartment in BC"

YOu miss what I was drivign at.

WALTER can be in B.C.
    It doesn;t mean that the Crew's rampage was as well.
    "You cannot win, mailman Mike. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

oh i thought some o ne else said that.... yeah come to think of it they were in toronto rampaging wern't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Dfense75
    No they "hit the trail" cause they didnt want to join the army. They wanted to be "bad guys". They became villains in the first place is not what it once was and that it like Captain America is dead.
    Well, whatever I may or may not have picked up on, I think that you're entirely mssing my point. And as for why the villains are in Canada, one only has to read Omega Flight and the reason is right there... "The smell of NOT Spider-Man, NOT Avengers or Fantastic Four or any other pain in my rear! I LOVE CANADA!"

Seems fairly self-explanatory to me. Canada is easy pickins... straight from the horses mouth. Sasq would seem to concur... "You thought you could come up here and raid my country? You thought that we cannot defend ourselves? That we are weak?"

Nowhere is anyone saying that the *villains* morally object to the SRA and it's implementation, the possibility of incarceration or depowerment, all without due process. I mean, gimme a break, they're *villains*. They face all that anyway, albeit with the benefit of due process. What is being stated and repeated, explicitly, is that Canada is easy pickins. And that is something that actually makes sense.

Now, back to my point, 'Liz needs to chill 'cause it's not the fault of IM or the USA.

Canada was easy pickings once Alpha was dead. They didn't attack til the SHRA was put through. I think it's a mix of both reasons. The Act was just the straw that broke the back.

Did anybody else find the choice of a Vince Carter milk ad on the last page to be a tad ironic? I mean, surely Marvel had no idea this issue would coincide with the NBA playoffs and be a sore point with us Raptor fans? :P

Can't wait for ish 3!
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way" -- Juan Ramon Jimenez, Nobel laureate in literature 1956, Spain. (Epigraph of Fahrenheit 451)

The SRA was stirring up the ant mound, so to speak. The Pro-Reg heroes were out in force with teams of SHIELD agents backing them up. They were leaving no stone unturned looking for unregistered superhumans, any villian that got in their sight was either headed to the Thunderbolts or a massive beatdown.

With that kind of nationwide crackdown being spearheaded by SHIELD, there was just too much pressure for most super villians to deal with. So they headed to the much easier pickings North of the border. Being typically American, I'd be suprised any of the super villians even knew about Alpha Flight or the team's fate.

Speaking of knowing about Alpha Flight; I'm positive that AF faced off against the Wrecker and/or the entire Wrecking Crew in vol.1. And I'm sure Sasq. was involved. As such, I woulda expected some reference to that battle, and all we got was "I read you were dead" or something to that effect.

Not a huge beef, and perhaps a defeat that the Wrecker or his Crew would rather not reference -- or maybe they just got clobbered o hard they can't remember -- but then, maybe Sasq. would've liked to remind them how they got beat down the last time they trekked up north... for the sake of a kick to the morale if nothing else.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by jay042
    The SRA was stirring up the ant mound, so to speak. The Pro-Reg heroes were out in force with teams of SHIELD agents backing them up. They were leaving no stone unturned looking for unregistered superhumans, any villian that got in their sight was either headed to the Thunderbolts or a massive beatdown.

With that kind of nationwide crackdown being spearheaded by SHIELD, there was just too much pressure for most super villians to deal with. So they headed to the much easier pickings North of the border. Being typically American, I'd be suprised any of the super villians even knew about Alpha Flight or the team's fate.
    Vert true
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by jay042
    Bingo. Remember the tabloid tha the Crew had with them in OF #1?

"What is this?"
    "Research, dude. We might run into Alpha Flight and I don;t know anything about Canada, so..."
    "Are you really stupid? Are you really that dumb?"
    "You cannot win, mailman Mike. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

Quote Originally Posted by Powersurge
    Speaking of knowing about Alpha Flight; I'm positive that AF faced off against the Wrecker and/or the entire Wrecking Crew in vol.1. And I'm sure Sasq. was involved. As such, I woulda expected some reference to that battle, and all we got was "I read you were dead" or something to that effect.

Not a huge beef, and perhaps a defeat that the Wrecker or his Crew would rather not reference -- or maybe they just got clobbered o hard they can't remember -- but then, maybe Sasq. would've liked to remind them how they got beat down the last time they trekked up north... for the sake of a kick to the morale if nothing else.

Thoughts?
    Yep, It was the next to last arc before cancellation (#125-127, IIRC) At the time Thunderball was trying to claim leadership of the group away from the Wrecker.

The fight was kind of unresolved actually, the Hardliners were raising a fuss and the Crew just ported away.

I think it was #118-120. #125-127 being the Carcass storyline. IIRC didn't Northstar get badly injured in the fight with the Wrecking Crew?
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by Powersurge
    Now, back to my point, 'Liz needs to chill 'cause it's not the fault of IM or the USA.
    Of course it's Iron man's fault. Liz is just calling him on it. As she said...Canada has had it's own Registration Act for a while now, but the Canadian super heroes never turned on each other, nor did they kill each other because of it. It is Iron man's (and Reed Richards') fault that Giant-Man/Goliath (Bill Foster) is dead, He and Reed created the Thor clone that killed him. They've taken away the freedoms of any hero that opposes them....And it's definitely Tony's/the Registration Act's fault that villains are heading to Canada.

She's only telling it like it is, that Tony and the Pro-Reg "heroes" will do/have done anything to see their goals met and Tony doesn't care who gets hurt or killed in the process. The whole Civil War Pro-Reg mentality is that of a police state, taking away all the freedoms from her citizens and forcing them to conform...All the while stating it's for their own good.

As far as Stamford being the fault of the New Warriors...That is a load of hooey! The New Warriors did not kill the people of Stamford...Nitro did. The same thing could have happened if Iron Man, Ms. Marvel or even Spider-Man had tried to stop Nitro. Nitro's power is to explode and nobody around is safe. If you blame the New warriors for the deaths of the people of Stamford, then you might as well blame the original Captain Marvel for not stopping Nitro in the first place, all those years ago. Nitro has faced Mar-Vell, Spider-Man, Luke Cage, Daredevil and even Iron Man himself...Are they all to blame for Stamford?

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

As for Issue 2 of OM...I liked it. The art was wonderful and the story seems to have a momentum. I really like that the Great Beasts may be involved and I'm looking forward to ssue 3.

Dana

BTW.... Marvel has apparently said that OM #2 has sold out at Diamond...

http://comicnewsi.com/article.php?catid=99&itemid=9779

Thats their main distributer, right? I'm guessing that this is a very good thing?
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!