Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Omega Flight #2 [Got it]

Default Omega Flight #2 [Got it]

Awesome issue, we basically see a cameo from all the members. Bill's having vision of Snowbird a crazy temple....and THE GREAT BEASTS!

HA! Called it.

yup, got it as well - great issue.

Lets hope that this one sells out as well.

No word of a lie my store opened at 12:00 and OF #2 was sold out at 12:10

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    No word of a lie my store opened at 12:00 and OF #2 was sold out at 12:10
    So did my local store but it was because they under ordered to the point that they could not fill even the people on the pull list so I had to go elsewhere to get a copy.

While I was at that other store a 1/2 hour drive away, I asked them there how the book was doing and they said they sold out of the first issue (well, I guess everybody did) and that they were pulling for the book to become an ongoing.

If it sells out here, it better be tomorrow! I'm workin til 8 tonight. I've got 3 comic shops on the way home. I'm hoping one of em will have at least one left!

I know, I know, this is a "I've got it" only thread. Please don't shun me!

Shocked not more people picked it up yet.

great issure.. i refused to look at the teasers with words and i'm glad... man talisman ripped into iron man... dunno why pointer was in that lock up... weird that they would lock him up like that if they eventually trusted him on the team

I really really liek Arachne alot... U S Agent is a tool.. but hey so was nothstar and i love him!!!

so the blakc guy with the visions is BRB? sorry i don't knwo alot about BRB.

Great issue, my store had tons.. i mean tons.. they were putting them out when i came in.. still a huge stack... most people were buying Avengers:initiative but we're in Texas so what can you expect.. but the mere fact that they had a hgue order of OF is a good sign right?

I have to try and hold out 'till Saturday. Then it's Omega/Hulk day woooo!

Quote Originally Posted by SmurfInABlender
    so the blakc guy with the visions is BRB? sorry i don't knwo alot about BRB.
    Yep his name is Simon Walters and apparently an artist too

Finally picked it up! I had to visit all 3 comic stores in Moncton. None of them had any left. I asked the guy at the 3rd store and he looked behind the counter and found one. Not in the best of shape, but I got it! Man that was luck. What a great issue!

Always good to hear shops selling out in the first day of it's release

I can't join the general acclaim, I'm afraid. Because this issue annoyed me on a couple of levels.

1: Beta Ray Bill. Or, more accurately, Simon Walters, who has apparently changed from "a human being with Bill's personality" to "a mortal artist who seems completely baffled by events", and uses slang like "you don't know the half of it". I could understand a writer wanting to put his own spin on the character... but Oeming _created_ Walters.

2: Sasquatch the furry orange punching bag. I think more time was spent depicting him being tortured than in actual plot.

3: The shocking reveal of the new Guardian... which has been known since the preview story. And why the Hannibal Lecter getup?

4: The mini is 40% over, and we've barely moved forward. Didn't Oeming say he'd rewritten issue #2 to adapt to the miniseries length?

None of these, by themselves, would be deal breakers, but combined...
    Mario

I'm "meh" on it. The treatment of Walt is not something I like but whatever.

I still don't like who's wearing the suit.

The art kicks ass once again.

I like US Agent and think it's going to be a great book based on the way Oeming writes him.

Honestly the dealign with sasquatch is good.. it got liz in the team, for a good reason, to keep the team in canadian hands.. Yeah they treated sasquatch like crap, but it will be taken care of...

The only thing that annoyed me was the hannible getup aswell

I'm conflicted on the issue... I guess I hoped that we would get all the characters together by now or something. And I don't get why Sasquatch never seemed to struggle or something, he certainly didn't seem to be broken or anything... That said, I like Simon Walters the artist. 'Far as I concerned, Oeming created him, he's his god, he can do whatever he want's with him and his personality. If this were an ongoing I'd give it 5/5, but I can't really rate it as of yet when I have no idea how Oeming's going to put a timely wrap on this arc.