Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Omega Flight #2 Reviews

you can do a thousand negative reviews... but the truth remains OF #2 still sold out end of story.

Well, the pace certainly has picked up in #2 - and for the better. I kind wished that not so many pages of OF#2 had been splashed online as it made me feel as if I was only really reading 70% of the comic - but still, this issue rawks (pardon the neologism) and it has definitely got my attention.

The only thing that got me going ??? was the final splash page. Visually, it looked kind of weird (sorry Scott) - perhaps it's the semi-high angle, or the way Michael's face appeared in that frame looking a little distorted. I know the issue was building up to Michael's introduction and I was kinda expecting something with a bit more of a POW factor.

Any thoughts on the skeletal worms that came out and attacked Talisman? I notice that they appear again in #3 when BRB emerges... something from the Stormbreaker mini?

And, y'know, I kinda wish Puck (Eugene Judd) wasn't killed off in NA#16. Just thought I'd mention that. While reading #2, I kept wondering how it would still work if Puck was still around - he's a link to the old AF (Byrne days) that still has cred these days.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by a review
    Captain Christopher Pike-like fashion
    Nice Trek reference!

Quote Originally Posted by a review
    ...Kolins’ work... the long pointy noses and flared nostrils his characters sport suggest that his version of homo sapiens evolved from horses rather than apes. Sadly, there is a tiny bit of that here, especially in some unflattering closeups of Talisman... Some minor
    Quote Originally Posted by Newsarama
    Beating on Fuzzy Wuzzy the whole issue isn't earning too many brownie points in my book.
    wanderings into equinity aside
    I love that last line.
    And, Talisman kind of looks like that! She's always had a long face.

The team hasn't been fully assembled yet (with no sign of Beta Ray Bill, yet again).
    Oh, there've been signs!

Beating on Fuzzy Wuzzy the whole issue isn't earning too many brownie points in my book.
    Grr, baby, very grr!

(to be fair, Alpha Flight does have a legion of rabid fans)
    Is this foam on my mouth?
    I thought we didn't have rabies in this country...

Seng--The skeletal worms, at least one of them, reminds me of characters from a big DC annuals crossover--'The Blooding', or something. Where they introduced a new character in every annual.

- Le Messor
    "Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
    - Mark Twain