Thread: It has been a Good Week.

Default It has been a Good Week.

Anyone who knows me, knows I like nothing better than a good whinge. Since Thursday, this has not been the case
    Thursday = Entering a pub quiz with my wife and two of the kids, Pretty much down amongst the deadbeats until the question of "Can you name this mystery band". Wasn't sure who it was until we heard the dulcett tones of Geddy Lee belting across the pub. We were the only team in the quiz to get the answer right. It moved us up into the top three and gained us a cash prize.

Friday = Visited a my old comic shop in it's new location. It had to move from it's original location about a year back and I hadn't been to were it had relocated as I couldn't find it when I last looked. Managed to fins it and picked up Wolverine #53, Loners #1, Nova #1 and Red Sonja #21. Also aquired 11 Exiles back issues and a couple of other books. As I had tracked him down the owner Ian let me have the Exiles back issues for nothing. Bloody good day.

Saturday = My daughter took me out for the day. Firstly I had to go with her to the tatoo parlour while she had a tat done and then off to Wembley Arena. Here I bopped away to the sound of 'Thin Lizzy', 'Styx' and one of my fave bands of all time ' Deep Purple'. Got home after midnight with my ears still throbbing.

Today I'm back at work, but my wife's impressed with me not moaning for three days running
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Glad to hear you're having a good week DB, glad someone is. :P "Dulcett tones of Gedy Lee..." HAHAHAHAHAHA! Are you planning on going to see them when the tour gets to your neck o' the woods? Can't wait for the new album myself. Congrats on the prize.

Read in the paper today that they will be playing Wembley Arena in October. Have already started a the fund to snaffle four tickets. My three youngest and myself will definately be there.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Thin Lizzy, Styx, and Deep Purple? Wow--almost as cool as the Ultimate Rock Symphony I saw.
    Alice Cooper, Roger Daltrey, Gary Brucker (of Procol Harum), Jimmy Barnes, Paul Rodgers, Eric Singer, Billy Thorpe... Playing English (mostly) classics; Pink Floyd, The Who, Procol Harum, Led Zeppelin, etc...

Okay, maybe not as cool.

Is Geddy Lee the band, or the singer? Ignorance showing...

- Le Messor
    "If any of you were born to this song, were married to this song, or even died to this song, you can sing along, okay?"
    -- Gary Brucker, introducing 'Whiter Shade of Pale'

Grats on a good week my man. About 4 months ago I took a gamble on a new job. I new it might be a step backward to take 2 steps foward. For the forst 3 months it was very tough. I was barely getting by some weeks. The last month however things have really started to hit their stride. If all continues on the pace they are I be out of debt by Christmas and can start saving for the ring my girlfriend so very much deserves
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    Is Geddy Lee the band, or the singer? Ignorance showing...
    He's the singer.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    Is Geddy Lee the band, or the singer?
    He's the singer.
    (Mik checks wikipedia)... Rush! man, so cool! And they fit so well with those other bands.

- Le Messor
    VJ: "Is this Dennis De Young, lead singer from Styx? Come clean, man... Dennis, you jealous douche, how about I crank a little 'Detroit Rock City' and play 'Come Sail Away' and we can see how they stack up side by side?"
    - Family Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Dfense75
    Grats on a good week my man. About 4 months ago I took a gamble on a new job. I new it might be a step backward to take 2 steps foward. For the forst 3 months it was very tough. I was barely getting by some weeks. The last month however things have really started to hit their stride. If all continues on the pace they are I be out of debt by Christmas and can start saving for the ring my girlfriend so very much deserves
    Kudo's to you for taking the leap, it's all to easy to get into a comfort zone. I hope things go right for you. Buying the ring is another jump into the unknown, but it's worth it. Congrats.

Mik : Gonna go see Alice Cooper in November, supported by 'Motorhead' and 'Joan Jett' and the Black Hearts. Also would have loved to have been there for that 'Ultimate Rock Symphony'. Although I would have felt the urge to shout at Paul Rogers "Freddie Mercury, you ain't".
    Del

Images

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Mik : Gonna go see Alice Cooper in November, supported by 'Motorhead' and 'Joan Jett' and the Black Hearts. Also would have loved to have been there for that 'Ultimate Rock Symphony'. Although I would have felt the urge to shout at Paul Rogers "Freddie Mercury, you ain't".
    Today's episode brought to you by the letters N.V.

Luckily, I saw Paul Rodgers before he thought he was Freddie (at the Rock Symphony, and later backing up Alice on solo tour.)

- Le Messor
    Lecturer: "Do you understand? You are sucking energy from everyone in this room. They came here to learn."
    Buffy: "I didn't mean to... suck."

Life is a funny and fickle thing. The company I took a gamble on went chapter 11 2 months ago. Thats bankrupt for those unaware. While the initial reaction was complete and utter devastion. Life and its karmic ways has a tendency to balance out the universe. During my 7 months with this new company I did OK for myself. While the company I chose to gamble on didnt work out I made some fantastic connections. Someone once said. "When one door closes..another one opens". Truer words have never been spoken. The work schedule I had at the job that went bankrupt was insane. 60+ hours and the complete opposite schedule of the woman I love. I have since been offered about 4 jobs from clients I helped that will not only allow me to have a life, see my friends, and spend time with the love of my life. I just want to say to any of you fine people here on Alphaflight.net (Skrulls excluded)(except LeMessor cause he seems to be a human sympathizer) Hang in there. Keep your options open and no matter what...dont give up, dont ever give up. If you believe and you fight for it...good things can happen to good people.
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

Haha, I was invited to a poker game tonight and I got great luck finding a comic shop along the way, but got bad luck because it was pouring rain and I got soaked but then got great luck because they had Omega Flight #4 then I got bad luck because I got soaked again going back to my car but then I got great luck because I found a free ATM near the comic book shop (had to get money for the poker game) then I got even better luck because when I went shopping for snacks and beer to bring to the game, I met my brother in the shop who was also invited to the poker game and he paid for my beer (thanks dplass!!!) and I found my favorite chips in the store but then I got really bad luck because my tire was flat when we got outside but then I got great luck because at the local gas station my brother knows the guy and he helped me fill my tire with air so I could drive to the poker game but then I got bad luck because I sliced open my finger fixing the flat but then I got great luck because the rain let up and I was able to change the tire but then I got bad luck because I lost money in the poker game but then I got great luck because there was beer left over and so I got some free beer. Serious!

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by rplass
    Haha, I was invited to a poker game tonight and I got great luck finding a comic shop along the way, but got bad luck because it was pouring rain and I got soaked but then got great luck because they had Omega Flight #4 then I got bad luck because I got soaked again going back to my car but then I got great luck because I found a free ATM near the comic book shop (had to get money for the poker game) then I got even better luck because when I went shopping for snacks and beer to bring to the game, I met my brother in the shop who was also invited to the poker game and he paid for my beer (thanks dplass!!!) and I found my favorite chips in the store but then I got really bad luck because my tire was flat when we got outside but then I got great luck because at the local gas station my brother knows the guy and he helped me fill my tire with air so I could drive to the poker game but then I got bad luck because I sliced open my finger fixing the flat but then I got great luck because the rain let up and I was able to change the tire but then I got bad luck because I lost money in the poker game but then I got great luck because there was beer left over and so I got some free beer. Serious!

Love,
    rplass
    Uh... yah rplass?

Quote Originally Posted by rplass

Love,
    rplass
    They aught to make a movie out of that. With the right actors and script writer you'd have a winner and it's got to be better than the latest 'Hostel' movie Lost at poker
    Del

Images

I just want to say to any of you fine people here on Alphaflight.net (Skrulls excluded)(except LeMessor cause he seems to be a human sympathizer) Hang in there. Keep your options open
    Actually, I'm trying to close my options right now.
    After months and months of unemployment, I've had about half a dozen job offers. (Okay, five.) It's getting so I can't decide. :/
    But, all good. I've made my choices.

- Le Messor
    "Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."
    - Will Rogers