Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OF #2 words

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Primate
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus
    It looks very cool.

I'm wondering why Simon, a supposedly American Soldier, has a giant maple leaf on his helmet. Am I missing something?
    Well, if Top Gun taught me anything, its that pilots can have custom paint jobs on their helmets, and if he was a Canadian serving in the US Air Force or whatever, a maple leaf on his helmet seems like an obvious choice.
    I gotta admit, I hope they don't go that route...seems way to contrived. If his alter ego was Canadian, why didn't he just serve is the Canadian Air Force...and not the United States Air Force.
    Well, the US Forces probably has better pay and better equipment.

It looks very cool.

I'm wondering why Simon, a supposedly American Soldier, has a giant maple leaf on his helmet. Am I missing something?
    Well, if Top Gun taught me anything, its that pilots can have custom paint jobs on their helmets, and if he was a Canadian serving in the US Air Force or whatever, a maple leaf on his helmet seems like an obvious choice.
    I gotta admit, I hope they don't go that route...seems way to contrived. If his alter ego was Canadian, why didn't he just serve is the Canadian Air Force...and not the United States Air Force.
    I'm not gonna comment on pay differences since I don't know, but I do know that you can't just up and join the military of any country. Walter's would have had to at least acheive permanent residence status if he were a Canadian in the States... It seems like a bit of a hassle.

"As a pilot and Captain in the Canadian Forces your salary will range between $64,000 and $90,000." - Recruiting Website

NICE.

I'm also enjoying the very genuine friction Liz already has with the mere notion of joining Omega Fligh.
    "You cannot win, mailman Mike. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothsKiller
    It looks very cool.

I'm not gonna comment on pay differences since I don't know, but I do know that you can't just up and join the military of any country. Walter's would have had to at least acheive permanent residence status if he were a Canadian in the States... It seems like a bit of a hassle.

"As a pilot and Captain in the Canadian Forces your salary will range between $64,000 and $90,000." - Recruiting Website
    Oh yeah, I know its not a simple process, but I know it is possible. There were quite a few Canadians who joined the US Forces to serve in Vietnam, for example.

Could be a dual citizenship thing as well, or maybe some sort of military exchange program?

A quick google search turns up that there are something like 30,000 non-americans with visa's serving in the US Forces.

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    wait, i thought walter simons, brb's alter ego, was canadian?
    I know that in "Stormbreaker," Simon Walters died homeless in New York City, and his body served as host for Beta Ray Bill's soul, who died in a battle with Omega Ray. He has a run in with Spider-Man in issue #6 of the mini-series.

I don't know if there has been too much revealed about Simon Walters besides that. I did read somewhere that he was a Gulf-War Vet.

All of that aside...this preview pages are amazing! And the dialogue that reveals BRB will be coming in soon makes me even more excited to read this.