Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: everyone may want to read wolverine #53

from the picture he looks liek he'll make a pretty BA villian.. will be great for a run in with OF when it hits ongoing.. if he jsut floored the entire team.. of coruse they'd get up and destroy him.. but still woudl be tight to see him takeo ut the team

Do your research, writers!

Earlier in the book, Ororo and T'Challa were talking about a separate wolf/mutant species and they mention several wolf-like (lupine) mutants, specifically Thornn, Feral and Wolfsbane. Okay, so they're introducing this new mutant species, great theory, good examples, interesting twist on the Homo Superior thingy.

I'll ignore that Thornn and Feral are depowered because we aren't exactly sure if this is pre- or post-M-day. I'll also ignore that Kyle is depowered. And gray. And bald.

So what the Bendis is Sasquatch doing in that panel? He's not a mutant and certainly isn't lupine. Poor research or are we going somewhere? It's either a booby ret-con or Loeb's going Howling Commando on us.

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by rplass
    So what the Bendis is Sasquatch doing in that panel? He's not a mutant and certainly isn't lupine. Poor research or are we going somewhere? It's either a booby ret-con or Loeb's going Howling Commando on us.

Love,
    rplass
    Yes this has me uncomfortable, they better not make him like Earth X a mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    Quote Originally Posted by varo
    i wonder which sasquatch thats supposed to be?
    Walter and I think their going the route of Earth X and ignoring the Great Beasts and say he is from that animal tribe like the Tribe of the Moon and Sabertooth's clan Tribe of the Bear, etc.
    WHAT?! That storyline was the stupidest ideas Marvel has ever had...Great!...So more continuity F$%@-ups! I hope they're not using that lamea$$ idea for Sasquatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    Is that panel set in the present or the past?
    Present. That's the newly upgraded Wild Child who is faster than Wolverine, and has posion claws that can knock Wolverine out for 2 days.
    How convenient... Well...At least Wildchild is back.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

*sigh*

I'm just gonna go with the Walt we get in OMega Flight.

That said- I liked Gibney as a hero. As a villain he seems to be more than a little bit of a Sabretooth clone.
    "You cannot win, mailman Mike. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

Do your research, writers!

Earlier in the book, Ororo and T'Challa were talking about a separate wolf/mutant species and they mention several wolf-like (lupine) mutants, specifically Thornn, Feral and Wolfsbane. Okay, so they're introducing this new mutant species, great theory, good examples, interesting twist on the Homo Superior thingy.
    Uh....Feral and Thornn are feline mutants, not lupine...This whole thing is stupid.

I'll ignore that Thornn and Feral are depowered because we aren't exactly sure if this is pre- or post-M-day. I'll also ignore that Kyle is depowered. And gray. And bald.

Love,
    rplass
    I really, really hope this isn't what they're doing with these characters... Leave them mutants....This Lupine sub-species thing is a bunch of BS!

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

I think their going the route of Earth X and ignoring the Great Beasts and say he is from that animal tribe like the Tribe of the Moon and Sabertooth's clan Tribe of the Bear, etc.
    Sassy only appears in the last panel so all of what you've just said is based on pure guesswork.
    For all you both know he's only there because of his ties to Wildchild.

Sassy only appears in the last panel so all of what you've just said is based on pure guesswork.
    Has that storyline where it was hinted that Wildchild maybe the son of Walter been resolved, debunked or just forgotten altogether?

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead
    Has that storyline where it was hinted that Wildchild maybe the son of Walter been resolved, debunked or just forgotten altogether?
    Yes, that was resolved when we learned Walt's guilt about Kyle wasn't due to parent hood, but due to sweeping the failed phych evaluation under the carpet to get Kyle into the flight program.

Ben

Now I haven't read this issue but I've seen the online reaction here and at Newsarama... but the only way I can imagine Walt being connected to this wolf-race is if somehow Tanaraq is related to them (maybe he's their god or something)... but considering how loose this has played with continuity elsewhere I don't have a lot of hope.

YEAH!!!! KYLE BABY!!!! I like his new look, 'cept for the nipple rings, those things always freak me out, He beat up two of my least favorite characters in one issue!!! Now, if he could only take out Iron Man...

I finally have something to talk about again!!!
    "I can't believe this. I actually have a crush on a hologram! I don't know whether I should talk to a psychologist or an electrician!" Kyle, referring to Shard

Quote Originally Posted by darc_light
    YEAH!!!! KYLE BABY!!!! I like his new look, 'cept for the nipple rings, those things always freak me out, He beat up two of my least favorite characters in one issue!!! Now, if he could only take out Iron Man...

I finally have something to talk about again!!!
    Maybe he and Penance (Speedball) can form a new team.
    "Well, the only person talking about love today is the preacher. And it seems noboday gets just all the learning but the teacher."

The Temptations "Ball of Confusion"

Having read this, the only reason I can see for Sas being there is his previous connections to Wildchild, burying the psych profile etc. I'm witholding judgement until the whole arc is played out.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    once omega goes ongoing, would love to see kyle around more often.
    YUP! AGREED!
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Transmetropolitan
    *sigh*

I'm just gonna go with the Walt we get in OMega Flight.

That said- I liked Gibney as a hero. As a villain he seems to be more than a little bit of a Sabretooth clone.
    Totally agree.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/