Thread: I know we've talked about an AF movie before

Default I know we've talked about an AF movie before

One of the questions that always came up was should Sasquatch be CGI on man in monkey suit. I was watching tv and saw this commercial for beef jerky that had a Sasquatch in it. I thought it was perfect and had to share

Rockin' Roll Martian!!!

While I hate the over use of CG in movies it does have its place. Sasquatch is 10ft tall he would have to be CGI to make it work. Personally I thought Thing in the FF movie should have been CGI. I thought he looked kinda silly.
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

plus the Cg transformation of walter woudl be AWESOME

That looks like the big guy from Harry and the Hendersons.

Hey...I could see a guy in a suit doing Sassy! I imagine they'd probably go with CGI, though.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

That looks like the big guy from Harry and the Hendersons.
    I was just about to point out the same, I think it may even be the same suit.

As for the idea of Sasquatch being CGI, I don't think it is quite as needed as many would think. Making him 10ft tall and huge could easily be accomplished using the same techniques used in the LOTRs trilogy that made each actor a different height. Depth perception and camera tricks could make him look huge and still allow an actor in the suit potray emotions. I would hate to see some awful CGI face and overly massive eyes ruin the character. It worked for Golum, but I doubt it would for Sassy.

Anyways, my 2 cents.
    (Average person + Internet Forum + Anonymity = Screaming Douchebag)

"This is why I don't post often, *wink*"

For it to really look like Sasquatch, really, really broad shoulders are required. Imagine Chewbacca with twice the shoulder-width.

Myself, I think CGI is the way to go.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I'm just afraid they'd make him look like a shapeless hairball. He needs definitive form.

As to what a CG Sasquatch would look like, eyes left! Check my avatar. (People in the future; if I've changed my avatar and this doesn't work, apologies.)

But I think it works best as a mix of practical and digital effects. Always. The digital just don't have the same presence.

- Le Messor
    Xander: "Does anyone remember when Saturday night meant date night?"
    Cordelia: "You sure don't."