Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Temporal Copies

Default Temporal Copies

I think that given the situation in Omega Flight #1 we can assume the temporal copies are no more and update their entry accordingly. The quote "Canada never had a huge list of heroes and those left are underqualified, have moved on, or are just not interested" seems to paint the past-Alpha out of the picture. If they were still around they certainly would have been mentioned.

I'll make some sort of edit to that effect.

Default Re: Temporal Copies

Quote Originally Posted by Adam
    I think that given the situation in Omega Flight #1 we can assume the temporal copies are no more and update their entry accordingly. The quote "Canada never had a huge list of heroes and those left are underqualified, have moved on, or are just not interested" seems to paint the past-Alpha out of the picture. If they were still around they certainly would have been mentioned.

Naaa..Andy Schmdit said in an interview their not gone....yet.

Maybe Alternate Mac and Heather decided to live quieter lives and are raising the daughter of the deceased Mac and Heather? Alternate Snowbird was said to have married Yukon Jack, maybe she did and is still there? If all of that is what happened, that still leaves alternate Aurora, Northstar, Puck and Shaman...

I dunno.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

As far as Alphanex goes, if it doesn't see print, no point writing about it. I'm sure some day they will be explained away, but as for alternate Snowbird and Yukon Jack, Walt and Agent Brown did say in OF#1 that Jack is pretty messed up.

Ben

Well, I'd think it might be at least worth adding as an editorial footnote. The Marvel Universe Appendix includes lots of little comments at the ends of it's entries.

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    Did he really?

Maybe they'll be villains down the road. The evil Alpha vs the good Omega.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam

Do you have a link to the interview?

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead
    Did he really?

Maybe they'll be villains down the road. The evil Alpha vs the good Omega.
    Hmmm...That would be enough to push me to buy a metal baseball bat and head to the Marvel offices.

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    Hmmm...That would be enough to push me to buy a metal baseball bat and head to the Marvel offices.

Dana
    Well maybe it could be done properly. I'd rather have the copies either not be mentioned again or turn evil then to have them replace the real heroes. I had enough of that stuff in Spider-Man.

I don't know what the hell Lobdell was thinking with that one. It's kinda like leaving a job and making sure you make it as difficult as possible for the person that replaces you to be successful. Unless his intention was that their history was so clouded already that he figured he could say "poof" and make it all go away.

Well maybe it could be done properly. I'd rather have the copies either not be mentioned again or turn evil then to have them replace the real heroes. I had enough of that stuff in Spider-Man.
    The real Alpha Flight members are dead...Remember?! Resurrecting the original Alpha would be a gigantic job...Marvel editorial was incredibly stupid to allow them to be killed off, in the first place. I think turning the only Alpha Flight that's left, evil would be the worst insult to Alpha fans (on top of killing the team off, which they've done). leave them be, unless somebody can use them to revivify the team.

I don't know what the hell Lobdell was thinking with that one. It's kinda like leaving a job and making sure you make it as difficult as possible for the person that replaces you to be successful. Unless his intention was that their history was so clouded already that he figured he could say "poof" and make it all go away.
    Maybe it was his way of giving a lot of AF fans what they wanted...The original Alpha with a clean slate and no screwed-up continuity.

Dana

Maybe it was his way of giving a lot of AF fans what they wanted...The original Alpha with a clean slate and no screwed-up continuity.
    Only problem, it's crated an even more screwed up continuity than before....

Did he really?
    Yeah he did, in was posted in a thread on this board a month ago. Can't remember what thread it was, as the thread wasn't about the comment, but about a different thing entirely and it just popped up.

Quote Originally Posted by jay042
    Only problem, it's crated an even more screwed up continuity than before....
    Well...Only if fans let themselves get bogged down with continuity, which many fans do these days...Unfortunatey, there would be just too many anal-retentive fans whining about it for it to work.

Dana

I think the Temporal Copies are still out of there, and living quietly as civilians. That's why they didn't join Omega. Easy as it seems.
    NARYA EASTON just saved the world, even if nobody knows.

The temporal copies are officially gone now as aluded to in the Marvel handbooks. After the "real" Alpha Flight returned from space, they vanished.