Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: John Byrne AF Commision

Why doesn't anybody listen (or at least, read)?! GAAAAHHH!!!!
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    Why doesn't anybody listen (or at least, read)?! GAAAAHHH!!!!
    *Readies defibrillator for when Dana has a massive coronary*
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Okay, to placate Dana and end this argument, I found something that corroborates what he's saying (AND it comes with references, so go look it up if you don't believe):

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia Entry: Wolverine (Marvel)
    Wolverine's agility and reflexes are also enhanced to levels that are beyond the physical limits of the finest human athlete.

Sourses: Wolverine: Origins #5, Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe: Wolverine 2004
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolverine_%28comics%29

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    Okay, to placate Dana and end this argument, I found something that corroborates what he's saying (AND it comes with references, so go look it up if you don't believe):

Wolverine's agility and reflexes are also enhanced to levels that are beyond the physical limits of the finest human athlete.

Sourses: Wolverine: Origins #5, Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe: Wolverine 2004
    Uh...Allan...That really doesn't help, but thanks anyway.

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck

Uh...Allan...That really doesn't help, but thanks anyway.

Dana
    Actually, Dana, read the next line (I only just saw it in conjuncture with this one). It does support what you say about Logan's flexibility. AND it has referencial evidence.

Howsabout we concede that the pose is feasable for someone like Wolverine, even with a metal spine, but it's not a natural pose and would seem to serve no real purpose. Also by looking so unnatural it detracts from the quality of the art.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Howsabout we concede that the pose is feasable for someone like Wolverine, even with a metal spine, but it's not a natural pose and would seem to serve no real purpose. Also by looking so unnatural it detracts from the quality of the art.
    No. :P :P :P :P :P :P

How about we agree that it's an action pose (which is exactly what it is) that isn't meant to be held for more than a second?

Dana

No. :P :P :P :P :P :P

How about we agree that it's an action pose (which is exactly what it is) that isn't meant to be held for more than a second?

Dana
    Nope sorry can't agree with that. Howsabout we agree to disagree. You think it's an action pose, I think differently. I believe it to be an unnatural pose that no one in their right mind would attempt. To my mind not one of Byrnes better commisions.

:P
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I believe it to be an unnatural pose that no one in their right mind would attempt.
    But I've attempted it, and...

Okay, we already knew that about me.

- Le Messor
    Giles: Everything's terrible. Total catastrophe.
    Buffy: Giles, what's wrong?
    Giles: Have you seen the new library? There's nothing but computers. There's not a book to be seen.

Nope sorry can't agree with that. Howsabout we agree to disagree. You think it's an action pose, I think differently. I believe it to be an unnatural pose that no one in their right mind would attempt. To my mind not one of Byrnes better commisions.

Oh..So now I'm "not in my right mind"...Thanks for that. That's two people now on this board who've called me crazy for not agreeing with them...So much for differing opinions being welcomed.

Del, You're wrong...It is an action pose...It's one millisecond of a motion caught in a drawing. It's wrong to say it isn't an action pose, when everyone can see it is. it certainly isn't a static pose. Regardless of what you think of the drawing, it's still an action pose...No amount of denial or ego can change that. Again...Who said it was a natural pose?...I never did, it is doable...I did it, you can do it.

Dana

Oh..So now I'm "not in my right mind"...Thanks for that. That's two people now on this board who've called me crazy for not agreeing with them...So much for differing opinions being welcomed.
    Talk about twisting things, you ever thought about becoming a lawyer? The comment about 'in their right mind' was a throwaway comment and it was followed at the end of the sentence by a ****load of smileys. Sauce for the goose... and all that. Thing is if you acknowledge those two facts, it denies you your opportunity to martyr yourself on the forum altar, "Oh look at me for I am wronged"

Del, You're wrong...It is an action pose...It's one millisecond of a motion caught in a drawing. It's wrong to say it isn't an action pose, when everyone can see it is. it certainly isn't a static pose. Regardless of what you think of the drawing, it's still an action pose...No amount of denial or ego can change that. Again...Who said it was a natural pose?...I never did, it is doable...I did it, you can do it.

Dana
    For the sake of peace I shall concede that I am wrong and you are right, that way you can have your victory party and we can move on from this crap.
    Del

Ugh...And I'm the martyr?

I've just been back through my post, fourth line, first paragraph (thank god for cut and paste) 'to martyr yourself on the forum altar'. So in answer to your question 'Yea'. Don't know how you missed that.
    Del

Guys, may not be my place, but can you just agree to disagree, shake hands and walk away? This really ain't worth it, is it?

I'm gonna apologise to everyone whose got P/Oed by my childish behaviour. Legards ended up doing what I should have done and moderated things espeacially my self. With that in mind I'm gonna walk away from this silly spat.

Edited to add, 'to get this back on tack.
    Del