Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: John Byrne AF Commision

Good spot Dana, I saw that the other day, but didn't notice the Hudsons.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

One thing I don't exactly like about JB, is that while his work is good, it hasn't really evolved at all in the last 30 years. I feel that after a point things become less art and more character modeling.

Old thread, new commision.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Somebody on the Byrning thread wished Diablo would be used more.
    Just thought I'd mention, he turned up in a recent New Warriors II* #10. Even though that information does no good to this forum.

* The volume #is 4, but I call it New Warriors II because it's a whole brand new thing, in a way #s 2 and 3 weren't.

- Le Messor
    "Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun. Orbiting this at a distance of roughly ninety-eight million miles is an utterly insignificant little blue-green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea."
    - Douglas Adams, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

I know this has been discussed in this forum before, but I lost track of which thread.

Can anyone tell me how much John Byrne charges for a commission? How much would he charge for just one character?

Thank you!

Thanks, I've received it.

Tis another one.
    Del

That is a nice one (It's Mac, not that G#@-da%$ed Michael Pointer). Thanks Del.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Maxwell
    Gak! The old busted-spine Wolverine.
    His spine looks intact to me, Ryan...It's just an extreme action pose. When I read your post, I went back to the pic and put myself in that pose...It's difficult to hold, but it's not impossible to do.

Dana

I think we are gonna need photographic documentation as proof of said pose.
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

His hips are 180o from his shoulders. That's close to impossible for a normal human, much less somebody with metal in his spine.
    NB: Close To. Some people should be able to do it; but I'm still not convinced Wolvie is one of those people.

Speaking of, I've always thought he shouldn't be able to bend his wrists with his claws out.

- Le Messor
    "Firmness of delivery dates is inversely proportional to tightness of schedule."

Mick, stop making me agree with you.

Wolverine shouldn't be able to bend his wrists with the claws extended. Although having the dexterity to do that would explain how he can closely examine his own arse, as shown in the commision
    Del