Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: John Byrne AF Commision

I don't really like either one of them, but the standalone Shaman is the better of the two.

Ok which one of you is the rich sonofa***** paying for these commissions?

That little tidbit about him returning to the characters is an interesting little tale. How great would that have been?

I like both pics.

I'd give my left *beep* for the Shaman commision! I always liked Shaman!
    "Well, the only person talking about love today is the preacher. And it seems noboday gets just all the learning but the teacher."

The Temptations "Ball of Confusion"

I liked shaman aswell.. his first costume was always the best, and i liked the idea of him leadign Beta Flight, If Alpha was as big as X-men I could definantly see Shaman leading one of the side teams. I don't see him ever having a solo series but he seriously is a great leader.

Quote Originally Posted by PWalk
    Ok which one of you is the rich sonofa***** paying for these commissions?
    Two of them are mine. Let's just say, I won't be giving Barnacle my address. I'm sure he's...attached... to his left *beep* and his children prefer home to slavery The other two commissions, I don't know who ordered those.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by John Byrne
    I don't think too many people "get" Shaman's bag. The idea that there is a whole mystical universe in there. Something I didn't get around to addressing was the rather disturbing notion of what might happen if some idiot turned it inside-out!
    Yes he did! In #25-27!

Great pic, btw!

- Le Messor
    Dog's motto: If it doesn't move or smell, make it either move or smell. Army's motto: If it moves, shoot it; if it doesn't, paint it.

Yeah, Delphine Courtney disguised as Guardian turned it inside out & Talisman became trapped inside! Loved the Shaman pic, can anyone recommend some other Byrne Marvel titles worth reading?
    Fight For The Flight
    Daz

hulk, she-hulk, west coast avengers, fantastic four and of course xmen.

I also enjoyed his Iron Fist and Namor run.
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default Tanaraq and Wendigo against the rest of original AF...

...looks like it would be a good conflict, though I wouldn't give good odds that all of AF would survive. Don't know that for sure, just guessing, still feel AF would be more vulnerable than most other groups, if written like it was in the past: Mac, Sasquatch (#23), Aurora, Northstar, and Talisman (#24) all got bumped off...but in imaginative ways.

However, since this thread is about JB's artwork...I like it, though I think Talisman is starting to look like the character from Blood of the Demon.
    Small quibble.

Wonder why all of the Alpha Flight artwork...especially since the group has not been a favorite of his?
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

thanks guys
    Fight For The Flight
    Daz

More JBF Alpha Flight Trivia.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

As I said in the Action Figure thread...Somebody should really let JB know that a lot of heroes and villains start as One-Notes (they all have potential to become more than that)....Wolverine (created to fight the Hulk), for example?

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default Idea in the JB forum is disturbing...

Chris Durnell writes that "Marvel did not offer Roger Stern the West Coast Avengers title even though he had done the limited series and...I also remember other limited series leading to regular series, but the first creative team was not used..."

I hope---after all the hard work and dedication that is obviously going into the Omega Flight limited series---that Scott and Mike get the opportunity to continue drawing and writing a Flight series and that MARVEL doesn't pass it on to someone who does not share their committment to the characters and the fans.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Hate to resurrect an old thread, but I thought I'd continue this one with another Alpha-related Byrne commission...Instead of starting a whole new thread.

http://byrnerobotics.com/forum/forum...=1&totPosts=93

I think it's quite good...I love seeing Heather and Mac again.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!