Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Recommendations

I've really wanted to try the irradeamable ant man!!!! it looks really good!

Right now i'm looking to the back issues for that and immortal iron fist

I only scanned through some of the other recommendations. But if your looking for good books with prominent homosexual characters. Wildstorms The Authority has got to be at the top. The 2 gay characters Midnighter and Apollo are awesome. Midnighter also has a current series of his own and all the past Authority books are available in trade. Midnighter IMO has to be one of the single most bad ass characters in comics. Enjoy I cant believe I forgot to mention it earlier
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

Iron Fist has been a favorite of mine for some time. Im reading the current series and its excellent. If you wanna brush up on his back story pick up Essential Iron Fist for only 16.99 the ISBN is 0-7851-1546-3. The current series is doing a great job of building on his past. Plus im sure you will enjoy some very early John Byrne art. He put Iron Fist on the map

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.

I have been reading Namor lately, (Alpha was my first comci series i started reading, then after all the mixing in of Namor i got into Namor after fidnign out Byrne also did Namor) And Byrne has been doing a ginormous arc in the part i'm at about the return of Iron Fist, and I have really started to like the character.. I searched up the back orders on ebay.. i don't think i wanna pay $300 for 15 issues lol... but yeah I actually am sitting here, and have been all day with essential iron fist in my amazon account.. and debatign if i should get it. The problem being at how much not having color might be a hinderment you know?.. is it really a problem? or does it flow without the color?

I read quite a few of the Essential Marvel Line. Yeah it would be nice if it was in color. But its cool. You forget its B&W pretty quickly and enjoy it like the classic it is.

plus we all know the coloring back then wasn't THAT quality lol.. anyone? anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by RatCat
    Oh and gay characters… hmm… Two Gun Kid over in She Hulk comes to mind. And I’m sure there are others but I can’t seem to remember any at the moment.
    edit: you can try looking here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_comic_book_characters
    Small correction:
    Rawhide Kid is Marvel's gay cowboy.
    Two-Gun Kid is hetero. He dated school marm Nancy Carter back in his old book. And it looks like he has his sights on one of lawyers from She-Hulk's law firm.

Their names are pretty similar so it's an honest mistake.

Other gay characters in the Marvel books include:
    Moondragon, Phyla (the new Quasar), Living Lightning, Flatman, and I think that the FIRST time Scott Lobdell wrote Alpha Flight that he established that Major Mapleleaf was gay.

Freedom Ring and a number of the X-statix characters were gay-- but they're not alive at the moment.

Speaking of gay heroes, has anything become of the new Batwoman? I remember there was some rumblings and such when it was announced but I haven't heard anything since then.

Back on topic, one of the recommendations earlier was Exiles, I read the first two issues yesterday and they were great, this is an awesome concept for a story, definitely worth looking at.

Batwoman has been a part of the weekly DC comic "52" her and her girlfriend Mrs.Montoya (who has taken over the mantle of the Question with the passing of Vic Sage) have been an exciting part of that series so far. The trades are coming out soon and its been a very fun series to date

yep, been waitign on the trades to read 52

Quote Originally Posted by blanqueczech
    Quote Originally Posted by RatCat
    Oh and gay characters… hmm… Two Gun Kid over in She Hulk comes to mind. And I’m sure there are others but I can’t seem to remember any at the moment.
    edit: you can try looking here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_comic_book_characters
    Small correction:
    Rawhide Kid is Marvel's gay cowboy.
    Two-Gun Kid is hetero. He dated school marm Nancy Carter back in his old book. And it looks like he has his sights on one of lawyers from She-Hulk's law firm.

Their names are pretty similar so it's an honest mistake.

Other gay characters in the Marvel books include:
    Moondragon, Phyla (the new Quasar), Living Lightning, Flatman, and I think that the FIRST time Scott Lobdell wrote Alpha Flight that he established that Major Mapleleaf was gay.

Freedom Ring and a number of the X-statix characters were gay-- but they're not alive at the moment.

D'oh, thanks.

Hi guys,

Just thought I'd give you guys an update. I got some money left over from my birthday and last week I bought Young Avengers vol. 1 (and Omega Flight #2, but it was on my pull list so whatever). As well, via eBay and Chapters (I love their free shipping deal) I've ordered:
    • Young Avengers vol. 2
      Civil War: Young Avengers/Runaways TPB
      Civil War Choosing Sides
      Marvel 1602 TPB (Quill Award Edition)
      Marvel Zombies HC (1st print)

And On my pull list I have:
    • Omega Flight (obviously )
      Marvel Zombies: Dead Days
      X-men Endangered Species
      X-men #200 - 204
      Deadpool/GLI Summer Fun
      World War Hulk Young Avengers

Any comments about Marvel Zombies or Marvel 1602, or any of the other stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by JayCanuck
    Hi guys,

Just thought I'd give you guys an update. I got some money left over from my birthday and last week I bought Young Avengers vol. 1 (and Omega Flight #2, but it was on my pull list so whatever). As well, via eBay and Chapters (I love their free shipping deal) I've ordered:
    • Young Avengers vol. 2
      Civil War: Young Avengers/Runaways TPB
      Civil War Choosing Sides
      Marvel 1602 TPB (Quill Award Edition)
      Marvel Zombies HC (1st print)

And On my pull list I have:
    • Omega Flight (obviously )
      Marvel Zombies: Dead Days
      X-men Endangered Species
      X-men #200 - 204
      Deadpool/GLI Summer Fun
      World War Hulk Young Avengers

Any comments about Marvel Zombies or Marvel 1602, or any of the other stuff?
    ZOMBIES LOVE BRAINS!! THIS MAKES US MORE GOODER!!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Jay,

You should start Young Avengers with #1 if you can. Good read, and has prominent gay characters.

However, I highly recommend Runaways, and you really need to read it before YA. Both series are very good, but they seem to have some almost identical stories, and Runaways came first. And, yes, it has a gay couple.

I loved 1602.

- Le Messor
    "Don't believe in ads. Don't believe in government. Watch yourself" - everybody is trying to screw you!"
    - Bill Gaines

I enjoyed the early run of Exiles, and also thought the arc where they went to the 2099 universe was cool. Walking Dead is a fantastic book. I recommend picking up all the trades for that series. Other than that, I'm not reading much other than Green Lantern and The Gunslinger Born. Both of which I would also recommend.