Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AlphaFlight.net New Name Suggestions

I could see something like "AlphaFlight.net" then under it "Home of Omega Flight(the logo)".

Visually, under this would be nice if we could all pitch in and find as many Alpha Character photos as possible, preferable group shots for better poses, and have an enormous group shot of the Alpha Universe. Every character that was ever associated with AF and have the newest members, Omega Flight, standing in the front. I'd love to do the photoshop work if I had help collecting character images.

It would show both the new and the old. Let new commers know that Alpha Flight wasn't just a group of 6 characters that died easily in the snow. Show the depth of the Alpha Universe and get people curious to look up the history while not alienating anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    Wouldn't that mean that Ben has to pay for two domains (one for Alpha and one for Omega)?

If people actually looked at the website and at Alphanex, they'd see that it is all inclusive of both past and present. Changing the name is a waste of time, energy and money.

Besides, some old school AF fans may be less inclined to visit, should the name change.

Dana
    ok people are not understanding...

do me a favor, go up to your bar and type www.omegaflight.net

It has ALREADY been snagged by ben.. Smart guy... so it is already beign used to direct people here, I'm simply saying, since both Alphaflight.net and omegaflight.net ALREADY redirect here, why not have a front page that incorporates BOTH.

I'm not tellign ben to go buy a new domain, he's alreayd done it. and honestly domains arn't the expensive part of a website, you can get a domain for liek $5... the expensive part is the bandwidth, so buying a domain to redirect to alpha isn't to much more. but again, ben alreayd did it

I'm saying maybe shorten the name to simply "The Flight" as the title of the banner with both Alpha and omega logo, as shown in the quick mock ups I did in my previous post

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead
    I could see something like "AlphaFlight.net" then under it "Home of Omega Flight(the logo)".

Visually, under this would be nice if we could all pitch in and find as many Alpha Character photos as possible, preferable group shots for better poses, and have an enormous group shot of the Alpha Universe. Every character that was ever associated with AF and have the newest members, Omega Flight, standing in the front. I'd love to do the photoshop work if I had help collecting character images.

It would show both the new and the old. Let new commers know that Alpha Flight wasn't just a group of 6 characters that died easily in the snow. Show the depth of the Alpha Universe and get people curious to look up the history while not alienating anyone.
    I like this idea. Might stir a bit more interest in the older issues, not that it'll help Omega Flight at all in its quest to become an ongoing. There are lots of ways to incorporate both teams into a header/logo. Alpha/ Omega - The Flight Pad, Flight School - Home for Alpha and Omega Flight Fans - Come in and get Schooled!, etc. You get the idea....don't you? Uhhhhhh!
    "Well, the only person talking about love today is the preacher. And it seems noboday gets just all the learning but the teacher."

The Temptations "Ball of Confusion"

I like SephirothsKiller's suggestion. Besides, it's not like domains are expensive.

I pay $12 a year for one of .ca addresses (which are generally much more expensive than the others)

I also have a .net address (www.abyss-guild.net is anyone cares) which I got for $1 the first year, $6 every year after (you can find coupons everywhere on the net, lol)

Banner idea for the home page..."Home of Canada's Premier Super Hero Team"
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

there is a good group shot from the alpha flight special that was used in "the ultimate guide to x-men" Has most of the characters, along with some of the ones thrown in jsut for that issue like Stitch and Saint Elmo and stuff like that, that should cover the majority of alpha characters

Quote Originally Posted by SmurfInABlender
    It has ALREADY been snagged by ben.. Smart guy...
    Technically it wasn't Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    Quote Originally Posted by SmurfInABlender
    It has ALREADY been snagged by ben.. Smart guy...
    Technically it wasn't Ben.
    I resemble that remark.

I snagged omegaflight.net a few months back. I'll continue to pay for it, don't worry. It was $2.99 for the first YEAR. I can afford it.

I was already the ultimate nerd [and proud of it! Nerds rule!]. Owning a comic book-related URL seemed like the only thing I was missing. Now Tricia Helfer will definitely want to go out with me.

Without knowing what to do with it and barely enough time to maintain my own site, I redirected it to alphaflight.net. Anyone with a better idea is welcome to PM me, but I doubt you have one.

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

oh... then in that case you're a smart cookie! snaging that early was a great idea and only will further the world of alpha flight...

Sorry for the screw up, I only figured it was ben.. but hey..God bless ya!

-Jonathan

Assuming there is a change, how about a contest to design the best name and graphic? Once all the entries are in there can be a poll to pick the winner.

The winner will recieve "One Free Hug" from Ben. The prize is non-refundableand non-transferable. Members of Ben's family are not eligible. People who rooted for Ironman/Tony Stark during Civil War are not eligible. The "Free Hug" will however be recieved at the time and place of the winners choosing. Ben also has the right to refuse said "Free Hug" if he thinks you are icky, creepy, or all together nasty.

Let the Contest Begin!!
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dfense75
    The winner will recieve "One Free Hug" from Ben.
    I think I'm the only one within driving distance from Ben. If I win, I expect that hug.

I've posted my banner already lol.. I get the early-bird prize

I wouldn't say that anyone should get into any serious graphic work, that's the kind of thing I'd probably rather handle as any new graphics will be integrated into the new design. But as for names and suggestions, keep talking, I'm still on the fence on what I'll be doing, if anything

Ben

to swipe a quote if i may" New name? I busted my buns to be on Alphaflight.net. I wanna be on ALPHAFLIGHT.NET"

JC