Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AlphaFlight.net New Name Suggestions

Default AlphaFlight.net New Name Suggestions

If I were to rename AlphaFlight.net in doing a major overhaul, what would you suggest as a new name? I'll leave it open to suggestions, then maybe a vote.

Ben

are you talking about a new domain name or a new site name? Granted, the site can be called something different than the actual domain, but I don't recommend it.

I'm just considering changing the site name. I'm not set on it, I still like AlphaFlight.net, I was just thinking that if I'm planning a revamp, I might as well give consideration to a new name, if for nothing else to embrace Omega Flight fans who are new to the Flight world

Ben

I'm happy with the way things are, myself.

IF you were going to change anything, and the reasoning makes sense as to why a change, i would go with something like "alpha to omega" maybe the symbols with a maple leaf.

Agreed, I don't mind the name, but a new layout would be aces...aces indeed.

my only concern is that alphaflight.net, while a great name, is geared towards AF readers opposed to OF readers.

I to like the name as it is. IF the name where to change. I think Omegaflight.net makes sense. It would make it accessible for new fans and easy to find. Besides the hardcore Alpha fans already know they can come here to get their fix of all things Alpha/Omega.
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

Buy the domain "omegaflight.net" have it automatically redirect to here, keep the name as alphaflight.net, but make then have a subtitle that says something along the lines of: "for fans of the old..." (AF sign here) "...and the new" (OF sign here.)

Edit: Please do not change the actual site name to omegaflight.net. I come on here because I am an AF fan, and that, (along with Mike's superb writing) is why I like OF. However, OF is NOT AF.

Well there is no need to change domain, as both alphaflight.net and omegaflight.net go to the same place

That being said.. I think Roughly calling it "The Flight" might make for an incorporation of both, and then put that Alpha and Omega signs on either side perhaps... here let me quickly make a mock up in photoshop....

Ok Here it is, I just quickly did a Mock up of the idea so it isn't anything great at all...

I'd like to see alphaflight.net keep its name.

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

How about... "Bob"?

I'd rather not see the name change...I prefer it remain alphaflight.net. Alpha has a history and may yet return. Omega...Who knows?

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

the main point is the domain woudl stay the same, as both alphaflight.net and omegaflight.net go to alphaflight.net... i think he just wants to see of ways to incorporate the new omega flight somewhat onto the main page so it doesn't seem like just a site centered around to old alpha but also incorporates omega so fans of only omega might see the site as a good place for omega information

Wouldn't that mean that Ben has to pay for two domains (one for Alpha and one for Omega)?

If people actually looked at the website and at Alphanex, they'd see that it is all inclusive of both past and present. Changing the name is a waste of time, energy and money.

Besides, some old school AF fans may be less inclined to visit, should the name change.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!