Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Omega Flight 4 Cover

What? The Wrecking Crew will still be around in #4?

That's how a Comic cover should be. If you had never bought a comic in your lifes and saw that on the shelf, wouldn't you take a quick look inside ?
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    What? The Wrecking Crew will still be around in #4?
    That was my first thoughts too. But really, we saw most of Issue 2 from the previews. Arachne, Talisman and USAgent come together, then the 3rd will probably be about Mailman Mike and Beta Ray and everyone come together for the first time. This issue will probably be their first mission together to find Walter. I assume.

Beautiful cover, but the Wrecking Crew is the main villians in the entire mini?

Still no Sasquatch on the cover, I believe Omega Flight and the Crew think that Walter is dead, but he will make a reapperance.

Beautiful cover, but the Wrecking Crew is the main villians in the entire mini?

Still no Sasquatch on the cover, I believe Omega Flight and the Crew think that Walter is dead, but he will make a reapperance.
    He'll be back by ish 5 to kick some bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead
    He'll be back by ish 5 to kick some bottom.
    That's what I'm hoping as Oeming did say the Great Beasts were going to make an apperance, wether they will or not since the downgrade to a mini is to be seen.

So what's the solicts say?

Well as a point, I don't believe that the Wrecking Crew are the villains throughout because of what the solicits do say which is that the "Real villains" behind are revealed... so I think there is a little bit more to come...

I'm also kinda glad that we're sticking with the Wrecking Crew, mainly because I don't like the villain of the week style that has come up recently, and I like story arcs against villains, even if they are the 'working men' of the Marvel universe... also makes them more of a challenege which is always a plus... this way we're also not overloading the book, and we're also not draining away all of its options but flourishing under just one point... that kind of thing... still sad to see that Sas is not appearing on the cover, which really does suggest that he might be out for quite a count... still, like the setup of the cover, its a nice little action shot... might not fit everyone's tatses but it sure fits mine.
    The ability to defy death can be achieved...
    It is a state acquired through compassion not greed...

Here's how I see it- very little actual time passes between issue 1 and 4.

2 is going to be Liz and the Yaniks coming on board... maybe with BRB putting in an appearance on like, the last page.

3 is going to be about Pointer. We know almost nothing about him. I'd say he merits some page-space- PARTICULARLY since, as this isn;t an ongoing, we donl't have time to get his story gradually.'

4- The whole team goes after the Crew.

5- Either the denoument of the battle with the Crew, or, if they went down the issue before, a "So now what?" issue.
    "You cannot win, mailman Mike. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

Quote Originally Posted by Shaman Of The Whills
    Well as a point, I don't believe that the Wrecking Crew are the villains throughout because of what the solicits do say which is that the "Real villains" behind are revealed... so I think there is a little bit more to come...
    What does the solicits say? I can't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaman Of The Whills
    What does the solicits say? I can't find it.
    OMEGA FLIGHT #4 (of 5)
    Written by MICHAEL AVON OEMING
    Penciles & Cover by SCOTT KOLINS
    OMEGA FLIGHT VS. THE WRECKING CREW! Plus: the TRUE VILLAINS ARE REVEALED!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99
    I'm not really all that happy with the short little solicits they are writing for the book. Look at http://www.newsarama.com/NewJoeFrida...s43_extra.html

most of them have at least 5 lines, and as many as 11 lines. Beats the heck out of the 1.5 lines OF #4 got.

Ben

they might be hiding it because alot of stuff is happening.. they might have to much that is in store that they have to hide...

I lvoe this cover By the way!!!

I figure the Wrecking Crew is still around because of the change to a miniseries, they couldn't do it the way they wanted to so... Wrecking Crew gets there's in #4 when Sasquatch and Talisman throw them at a SHIELD helicarrier.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    I'm not really all that happy with the short little solicits they are writing for the book. Look at http://www.newsarama.com/NewJoeFrida...s43_extra.html

most of them have at least 5 lines, and as many as 11 lines. Beats the heck out of the 1.5 lines OF #4 got.

Ben
    Maybe that's a good thing. No room for "eh?".