Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Joe Fridays

REGISTER!! NEVER!!
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dfense75
    I had a dream...in my dream (right after the Kate Beckinsale cameo) At the end of issue #5 USAgent, Beta Ray Bill, and Arachne decide to leave the team to make room for Snowbird, Northstar, and Aurora. The mini ends at #5. To be restarted as ALPHA FLIGHT #1 . Again this was only a dream. But...I can dream...cant I?
    And as a result sales plummet... Just add them on to the team?

I have faith in the creative team. Over the long haul USagent, Beta Ray Bill, and Arachne arent much stronger as characters than the Northstar, Snowbird, and Aurora. Having strong art and writing is what will keep this book going. If BRB, Arachne, and USAgent where that good then books they where in would have stuck around in the past. Yes they have a cult following. But would you say they have a bigger fan base than the Alpha characters do? I dont thinks so.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.

yes..but this book brings five cult bases together for one..cult book?

Good point Smurf I think i made a post not to long ago...It seems to get this book going. Marvel is using the "New Avengers" formula of putting together the last people you would ever think to put together as a team. Yes I would love to have a successful Alpha book based on all our favorite Alpha members. But the team they have put together now has so many possibilites for good story telling. Having USAgent (mister right wing conservative himself) on a team and in an enviorment where that line of thinking is not the norm provides a lot of story telling possibilities. When Omega becomes an ongoing (hope hope). Imagine USAgent dealing with Northstar. A story of USAgent changing his views and expanding his horizons would be a great story.

The difference is, New Avengers put a bunch of "Big Names" together, and though it is sellign well I have to say i believe just like "All Star teams" it will eventually fail... Those characters are very well established, and with that comes to many boundries, a few even have books of their own, which has to deal with colaberating with different writers in order to not screw up continuety.. With Omega it puts characters that are established but are obscure enough that they go together well on a team.

As for the on-going, I believe there are alot of options for the team. Great combinations of Sasquatch and BRB.. Great connections with Talisman, snowbird, and Shaman... But liek you said I beleive the best thing will be a confrontation with U.S. Agent and Northstar

Northstar: Gay, Liberal, former terrorist, strong canadien ideals
    U.S. Agent: Ultra Conservative, Ultra Patriotic United states operative..

The conflict there would be amazing, and odds are if kept an ongoing Oeming already saw that possibility, might even be the reason northstar isn't on the team lol.. because you don't want to much conflict with the team early on

Big names? I agree with every point you made smurf except...Luke Cage, Spider Woman, Ronin, and Sentry arent "big names". But they did provide in interesting group dynamic. Yes of course Wolverine and Spidey are huge names in the Marvel universe but its the personalities and characters that I think makes that book interesting. One of the things I read about Omega early on was that it was going to give a political perspective that the rest of the world views the U.S. in. The current members of Omega and the possibilities of former members I.E. Northstar would provide great and intelligent stories. I think the in group strife and dialog would provide the same story telling formula that is making New Avengers a success.

From the latest Jor Fridays, while discussing the latest creative get together.

NRAMA: Ideally, what were you hoping to walk out of the two days with? A list of potential new titles you’ll go seek creative teams for if one of your attendees doesn’t claim it? A through-line for an “event” down the road?

JQ: It’s very rare that we head into these things with a plan to come out of it with new titles. New titles are usually an offshoot of what our main goals are at these summits. What we always look to achieve at our summits are the bit global events that will be affecting the Marvel U for the next two to three years. Take Civil War Omega Flight New Warriors

NRAMA: Moving things over to the guests, then…we’re going to have you to put modesty aside for a moment, as you are one of a small handful of creators asked to be part of this…What do you hope as an individual to bring to the table at a session like this one? A particular unique skill or insight?
    ========
    Whatever all that means ?
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    JQ: It’s very rare that we head into these things with a plan to come out of it with new titles. New titles are usually an offshoot of what our main goals are at these summits. What we always look to achieve at our summits are the bit global events that will be affecting the Marvel U for the next two to three years. Take Civil War Omega Flight New Warriors
    ========
    Whatever all that means ?
    What I get from it is what we already knew...
    They went to the summit, and decided to do Civil War. The Omega Flight and New Warriors books came out of that.

That's my reading, anyway.

- Mik
    Ghostface: "Do you like scary movies?
    Sidney Prescott: "What's the point? They're all the same, some stupid killer stalking some big-breasted girl who can't act and is always running up the stairs when she should be running out the front door, it's insulting."