Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Some Minor Suggestions For Mr. Oeming...

Wow... now your calling me names too. I can feel the love on this board.

Again... I'm sorry you hate me. I'm sorry that I live in "the beating heart of Canadian culture" and you don't. I just don't think that type of prejudice is needed in a book about a team from a country is famous for tolerance.

Now if you’ll excuse me I have a comic con to attend.

And this is where we draw the line and say this is finished. I live in London, but was born in Lancashire, we refer to people from the South as "You great big southern softie", they refer to Northerners as "You dirty Northern Bastard". Problem is that generalisation gives no latitude. I love the concept of Canada and hate the concept of peoples idea of the US. Countries are generalised by other countries, parts of a country are genralised by other parts of that same country. I never saw anything beneficial come out of that way of thinking. Just leads to arguments where there isn't one. We can go back to discussing the original concept of this thread or call it a day and lock it down, choice is yours.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    And this is where we draw the line and say this is finished. I live in London, but was born in Lancashire, we refer to people from the South as "You great big southern softie", they refer to Northerners as "You dirty Northern Bastard". Problem is that generalisation gives no latitude. I love the concept of Canada and hate the concept of peoples idea of the US. Countries are generalised by other countries, parts of a country are genralised by other parts of that same country. I never saw anything beneficial come out of that way of thinking. Just leads to arguments where there isn't one. We can go back to discussing the original concept of this thread or call it a day and lock it down, choice is yours.
    I'd say this dead horse has been beat enuff. Finis.
    To my fellow Flight-lovers - I still love you all. Peace.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

I hate the skydome and the CN tower too,
    I hate Nathan Phillip's square and the Ontario Zoo,
    The rent's too high, the air's unclean,
    The beaches are dirty and the people are mean,
    And the women are big and the men are dumb,
    And the children are loopy cuz they live in a slum!
    The water is polluted and their mayor's a dork,
    They dress real bad and they think they're New York,
    In Toronto, Ontario-o-o
    -Ya know actually I, I think I pretty much hate all of Ontario-
    (Oh yeah, me too!)
    I hate Thunder Bay and Ottawa, Kitchener, Windsor and Oshawa
    London sucks and the Great Lakes suck and Sarnia sucks and Turkey point sucks,
    I took a trip to Ontario to visit Brian Mulruney,
    He beat me up and he stole my pants and he put me in a tree,
    I went to see the Maple-Leafs and got hit in the head with a puck,
    (Ah, I-I don't evenknow how they did it really, I mean I was playing the organ at the time!)
    ONTARIO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O SUCKS,
    Yep, actually now that I think about it,
    I think I pretty much hate every gosh darn province and territory in our country,
    Oh yeah-except Alberta! Oh yeah, I love Alberta, Yeah it's really nice, lots of cows, and trees, and rocks and dirt!
    (moo moo moo)

But,
    I hate Newfoundland cuz they talk so wierd, and Prince Edward Island is-Too Small,
    Nova Scotia's dumb cuz it's the name of a bank, New Bruinswick doesn't have a good mall!
    Quebec is revolting and it makes me mad, Ontario Sucks, Ontario Sucks!
    (Manitoba's population density is 1.9 people per square kilometre,
    Isn't that stupid!)
    Saskatchewan is boring and the people are old,
    And as for the territories,( they're too cold!)
    And the only really good tehing about the province of British Columbia is that
    it's right next to us,
    Cuz Alberta, doesn't suck, but Calgary doesssssss!

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07

I'd say this dead horse has been beat enuff. Finis.
    To my fellow Flight-lovers - I still love you all. Peace.
    Sure thing Imus.

Anyway:

I'm very glad that "Eh" wasn't attached to anything. I remember Oeming telling me he understood that "Eh" wasn't really as big as its made out of be.

I'm going to lock this thread. Feel free to continue to discuss anything personal between yourselves, you can even call eachother names in PM, but I think this thread has drifted too far afield.

No one's in trouble, I'm not out to get anyone, I just want to avoid certain eventualities.

Ben