Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Look at the OF#1 Variant Cover...

Quote Originally Posted by rplass
    Fair enough for the 1st printing, but someone at Marvel intentionally chose the cover art AFTER OF#1 sold out, when we all know about Cap's death. I wonder who chose the cover art and why they chose it?
    To be fair I think in the Marvel Universe the fact that Cap's dead would make the choice of name more pertinant to the Wrecking Crew.
    As to who chose the art and why, I thought it was the most prominant image within the book (hence my guess that it'd be the cover over on the other thread) and the one that gives Sasquatch most respect as a force to be reckoned with.

Quote Originally Posted by SmurfInABlender
    I hate to tell you bud.. but captain america isn't a real person.. i don't think it will make headlines or anything
    Please tell me that that's sarcasm?

I have no problem with that. After all he is a fictitious character.

Plus it's not like some people at Marvel didn't poke fun of Alpha Flight after they were killed.

I saw it as a character who was thought to be dead, referencing a character who was actually dead, although finding out that Mike wrote that before he knew made that thought moot

A release date for when this hits the shops would be nice, that way I can get from my LCS instead of having to go to 'Forbidden Planet'. I like a store where you can chat for ever with people who know what they are talking about.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    A release date for when this hits the shops would be nice, that way I can get from my LCS instead of having to go to 'Forbidden Planet'. I like a store where you can chat for ever with people who know what they are talking about.
    On-Sale - 5/9/2007

Cheers Ben, your a scholar and a gentleman.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!