Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Look at the OF#1 Variant Cover...

Default First Look at the OF#1 Variant Cover...

Enjoy:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...m.cgi?id=10265

I just love the word "Blockbuster."

WOW... thats all I can say..WOW.... that is an amazing coverr, and honstly I thought they were goign to take off the wording, but it loosk so good that way.. thats one comic i'll be buying...

When does it actually hit shelves?

NOt soon enough. THAT'S gonne be the issue I poly-bag...

'Cause my copy from the first print-run is already getting dog-eared.
    "You cannot win, mailman Mike. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

Coolest. Cover. Ever. Not to mention it has one thing that Marvel never has on its covers anymore: Word Bubbles.

I love the variant cover, but after seeing the majestic beauty of the cover for issue #3 I can't imagine anything better. All I can say is so far all covers have been impressive. Keep up the awesome work, Scott!
    "Well, the only person talking about love today is the preacher. And it seems noboday gets just all the learning but the teacher."

The Temptations "Ball of Confusion"

I've seen some reviews that say they don't like Scott's work.. how is that? its SOOO AMAZING!

Quote Originally Posted by SmurfInABlender
    I've seen some reviews that say they don't like Scott's work.. how is that? its SOOO AMAZING!
    I'll admit there's an odd panel or two that I haven't been entirely in love with, but as for the body of work....awesome! Even the preview art for #2 has a couple panels that seem too busy for me. Granted I'm not an artist or much of a critic, so before anyone bashes me for putting my opinion out there, take it as that, my opinion only. I will continue to support this book and will freely admit Scott has supplied us with some of the best art we've seen in a Flight comic. Clayton Henry and John Byrne have put some amazing art out there for us also. Too bad Clayton didn't have a writer to keep him around longer. His Sasquatch was on par with Kolins.
    "Well, the only person talking about love today is the preacher. And it seems noboday gets just all the learning but the teacher."

The Temptations "Ball of Confusion"

when did clayton draw for alpha?

ehh.. I woudln't say he was that great, I mean nice art, but it was all too cartoony for my taists

I wish they had not put the Captain America thing on the cover. Something about that page seems disrespectful to me. Even inside the book, it seems wrong to me, out of place. It's just too soon after his death. Of all the things Sas could have said on that page:

"It ain't Night Nurse!"
    "It ain't Mille the Model!"
    "It ain't Armadillo!"
    "It ain't [insert some other random B-list quasi-hero climbing up the Moreels ladder]!"

But instead he mentions a recently killed superhero, yes, a recently killed American superhero, but he could have waited until the body was cold.

That it should come to this!
    But two months dead: nay, not so much, not two:
    So excellent a king

Well, I'm happy about the 2nd printing but I was hoping this image would make it onto the cover instead.

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Oeming said when he wrote that, Captain America wasn't dead yet. He didn't know.

To be fair, I asked Oeming on his board if he knew about Cap's death when he wrote that line, and he did not know about it at the time.

[Devils Advocate]Captain America being such a big name in the media lately, having his name on the cover can't hurt sales[/Devils Advocate]

Fair enough for the 1st printing, but someone at Marvel intentionally chose the cover art AFTER OF#1 sold out, when we all know about Cap's death. I wonder who chose the cover art and why they chose it?

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

I hate to tell you bud.. but captain america isn't a real person.. i don't think it will make headlines or anything