Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A new Alpha-related commission by John Byrne...

Default A new Alpha-related commission by John Byrne...

ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Not bad, but really....

Not different enough from the original, IMO< to warrant paying a commission fee for.

But I guess the customer is always right....
    "You cannot win, mailman Mike. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

MMhmmm... In my opinion JB took "I want you to look at this page for inspiration" and interpreted it as "I want you to trace this page." That said, it's still rather pretty. And unfortunately, tracing is becoming the norm for some artists these days (Land!)

I still can't get over how suck-upish everyone over there is. I mean its a nice drawing an' all, but if they say something like "this is an improvement over the original" they STILL have to quailify it with "not that your original was bad sir!"

Thanks for Sharing it though.

I personally prefer the original. It seems more raw and real. Plus the grin on this Guardian's face just seems unnatural. Glad I'm not over there or I'd be booted for not toeing the Byrne Robotics line.
    "Well, the only person talking about love today is the preacher. And it seems noboday gets just all the learning but the teacher."

The Temptations "Ball of Confusion"

Actually that ain't to bad and I doubt it's a trace as the head position is slightly different. As to the JBF, different forum, different rules and protocols I guess.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Slavish rump-kissing should NEVER be a forum rule, though.
    "You cannot win, mailman Mike. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

Quote Originally Posted by Transmetropolitan
    One of the reasons I never signed up, but it's a good place to lurk. Some really intelligent convo there.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by Transmetropolitan

Oh Wonderful, intelligent Ben, That is deffinantly not a problem here, is it oh wise one? One as smart and holy and you would never place such a rule in effect in this amazing, wodnerful forum you have given us!

Your Most Favorited Admireror,
    -Jonathan "Wishes he was Ben" Hord

With all this talk of Tanaraq.

Very nice indeed, I'd pay good money for this.
    Del

Wow.. that must have cost alot, thats really cool

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    With all this talk of Tanaraq.

Very nice indeed, I'd pay good money for this.
    That is a nice piece! And no I'm not referring to Aurora. I'd love to have that in my collection. Unfortunately I'd have to sell one of my children into white slavery and my wife is strictly against that.
    "Well, the only person talking about love today is the preacher. And it seems noboday gets just all the learning but the teacher."

The Temptations "Ball of Confusion"

What about selling one for minor medical experimentation. You'd get them back one day and two good things will have come out of it.

1 : Your child gets to help the human race.
    2 : More importabntly you get a Byrne AF piece.

Lets see if I can sell that kind of logic to Bubs
    Del

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Lets see if I can sell that kind of logic to Bubs

How about selling a potential in-law?

I think this Guardian commission is fine and it's what the buyer asked for...I don't see a problem with it...I wish I could draw as well as that.

The new commission is much nicer, though.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!