Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OMEGA FLIGHT SELLS OUT! GOES BACK TO PRESS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Barnacle13
    Sweeeeet! Best news I've heard all day!

I can't wait for Marvel powers that be to come forward with tail between legs and say..."Um, we were wrong! Due to the overwhelming support Omega Flight has received we'll be extending the contracts of Michael Avon Oeming and Scott Kolins to produce another 24 issues of Omega Flight. We still believe in our heart of hearts that you fans are wrong and anything remotely associated with Alpha Flight is destined to suck, but we'll humor all of you as long as you'll pay us to do so. But just so you don't get too excited....Puck is still dead!"
    I would be incredibly surprised if they didn't wait until the entire run is over before making that crucial decision that we're all waiting for.

My biggest worry is that while the first issue had great sales, great reviews, and great community support, the 2nd issue won't perform quite as well (for whatever reason), thereby killing our hopes for an ongoing.

Awesome news. Selling out in less than a week is very impressive. It doesn't happen all that much anymore that I've heard about.

yeah.. they deffinantly won't make a move towards an ongoing till after the secodn issue atleast, its not how many buy it, its how many come back.. and once reviews for the 2nd issue come in, then things will start looking up.

See, Marvel? :P

"Flight" can sell.

It just needs to be a good book.
    "You cannot win, mailman Mike. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Primate
    I would be incredibly surprised if they didn't wait until the entire run is over before making that crucial decision that we're all waiting for.
    My thoughts exactly, I've said it before: my bet is that they'll announce it as an ongoing at the Canadian National Comic Book Expo in August (which is when the mini should go through its last issue.)

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    Quote Originally Posted by Reber
    I'm pretty sure the variant cover is the pic of Sas going apes#!t on Bulldozer from the interiors.
    *scratches head* When did Sasquatch go ape s#!t on Bulldozer? I can see Wrecker and Thunderball, but he didn't do much to Bulldozer or Piledriver other than toss them off of him.
    Which one did he land on when he jumped into the fight?

that makes sense. but i'm sure they will tell mike, scott and reber first (which means ben will know, and pretend he doesn't) and make a announcement after the series, and probally re-launch with a new #1.

but anyhow, congrats mike, scott and reber. you have put a fantastic story out there and the masses have came.

not trying to thumb my nose, but i wonder if avengers: the iniative sold out.

I dunno. I have not seen many positive reviews for The Initiative.

I dunno. To be fair, it probably had a larger print run....

But I'm not sure.

Anyone got the numbers on that?
    "You cannot win, mailman Mike. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

Quote Originally Posted by Silex
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Primate
    My thoughts exactly, I've said it before: my bet is that they'll announce it as an ongoing at the Canadian National Comic Book Expo in August (which is when the mini should go through its last issue.)
    That seems like it would be good timing.

I'm pretty sure the variant cover is the pic of Sas going apes#!t on Bulldozer from the interiors.
    *scratches head* When did Sasquatch go ape s#!t on Bulldozer? I can see Wrecker and Thunderball, but he didn't do much to Bulldozer or Piledriver other than toss them off of him.
    Those are Dozer's little booties sticking out underneath Sas when he makes his entrance.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus
    Thunderball

Those are Dozer's little booties sticking out underneath Sas when he makes his entrance.
    That's Thunderball, after Sasquatch does that and lays out Wrecker the ones who are staring Sasquatch down are Piledriver and Bulldozer.

Lion-O's 2nd Cousin Alpha Flight

Most excellent news. My buddy who only read 1 ish of AF thought Omega was a great read and is looking forward to #2. I was going to buy up the others at my LCS and give them out but they sold out.

Very happy camper.
    The world is NOT getting more Alpha Flight! Tweet me you twits! @DaVeO52

Fantastic! I put a question in at Newsarama's Cup o' Joe to see if OF's numbers were looking good for the change to an ongoing, maybe it'll get picked to be answered with the sell out news.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus
    Thunderball

That's Thunderball, after Sasquatch does that and lays out Wrecker the ones who are staring Sasquatch down are Piledriver and Bulldozer.
    Take a careful look KM, that's Bulldozer he lands on. Note the studs that circle the boots and the colour of the pants. When Sas is tagging Wrecker, there's a panel with Bulldozer climbing out of the hole.