Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OMEGA FLIGHT SELLS OUT! GOES BACK TO PRESS!!!

Default OMEGA FLIGHT SELLS OUT! GOES BACK TO PRESS!!!

Thanks guys
    Omega Flight #1 Sells Out & Goes Back To Press

Marvel is pleased to announce that Omega Flight #1, featuring the debut of Canada's new super team, has sold out at Diamond. Featuring the talents of writer Mike Oeming (Thor) and Scott Kolins (Annihilation: Prologue), the inaugural issue of this limited series has struck a chord with both retailers and fans.

To meet demand for this issue, Marvel Comics is going back to print on Omega Flight #1 with a variant cover featuring interior art by Scott Kolins.

In the wake of Civil War, Canada has put together its own super-team called Omega Flight, the last line of defense for the Great White North against super villain insurgents from abroad. Unfortunately for the Canadians, before Omega Flight can band together, a powerful team of villains have decided to turn their northern neighbor into a playground for plundering.

Note, Omega Flight #1 may still be available at the retailer level. Marvel advises that retailers check their orders for upcoming issues as Omega Flight continues to benefit from strong reviews and word of mouth. Also, don't miss your chance to find out how it all began—check out Alpha Flight Classic Vol.1, in stores now, presenting the first 8 issues of the Canadian superteam's adventures.

OMEGA FLIGHT #1 (of 5) KOLINS SECOND PRINTING VARIANT (FEB078252)
    Written by MICHAEL AVON OEMING
    Pencils and Cover by SCOTT KOLINS
    Rated T+ …$2.99
    FOC - 4/19, On-Sale - 5/9/2007

ALPHA FLIGHT CLASSIC VOL. 1 TPB (FEB072210)
    Written by JOHN BYRNE
    Pencils & Cover by JOHN BYRNE
    208 PGS./Rated A …$24.99
    On-Sale - 4/4/2007

To find a comic shop near you, call 1-888-comicbook
    READ POWERS DAILY FOR FREE!
    http://comics.newsarama.com/powers/

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great news, wonder what the varient cover will look like?

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    Great news, wonder what the varient cover will look like?
    I was just thinking that very thing, I can't wait to see it and add it to my collection!

Great job and kudos to the Omega creative team! Thanks for all the hard work! \/ =D>

YIPEE!

Can't wait to see what the actual sales numbers are!

Ben

Selling out in less than a week is a feat.

All right! What wonderful news! I'm glad to see our Canadian heroes finally getting some recognition, (and good sales). Wonder if this will lead to an ongoing series? We can only hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    YIPEE!

Can't wait to see what the actual sales numbers are!

Ben
    I too would love to see some hard numbers.

That is absolutely spectacular news! I am sooo going to my store tomorrow and asking them to place the order for the variant, because... wow, we get a variant!!! Ah, I'm like a kid whose millionaire daddy just bought the candy store.
    The ability to defy death can be achieved...
    It is a state acquired through compassion not greed...

I'm pretty sure the variant cover is the pic of Sas going apes#!t on Bulldozer from the interiors.

Very cool.
    I'd have preferred new artwork rather than reprinted interior, but a 2nd printing is a 2nd printing so I'm not complaining.

Anyone care to guess what page'll be the cover?

I hope it'll be the "It ain't Captain America" page (sans text of course) with Sas stomping some Wrecking Crew butt!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reber
    I'm pretty sure the variant cover is the pic of Sas going apes#!t on Bulldozer from the interiors.
    Hahahahahahahahahah, I was 30 seconds too late... damn...

Sweeeeet! Best news I've heard all day!

I can't wait for Marvel powers that be to come forward with tail between legs and say..."Um, we were wrong! Due to the overwhelming support Omega Flight has received we'll be extending the contracts of Michael Avon Oeming and Scott Kolins to produce another 24 issues of Omega Flight. We still believe in our heart of hearts that you fans are wrong and anything remotely associated with Alpha Flight is destined to suck, but we'll humor all of you as long as you'll pay us to do so. But just so you don't get too excited....Puck is still dead!"
    "Well, the only person talking about love today is the preacher. And it seems noboday gets just all the learning but the teacher."

The Temptations "Ball of Confusion"

Quote Originally Posted by Reber
    *scratches head* When did Sasquatch go ape s#!t on Bulldozer? I can see Wrecker and Thunderball, but he didn't do much to Bulldozer or Piledriver other than toss them off of him.

Whoo! This is great news!! I'll be picking up this cover just for a blown up shot of Sasquatch going Ape-****. I'm so happy. I'd imagine you're even happier though Mike, how does it feel knowing that your work is in such high demand?