Thread: Omega Flight #1 Review

Default Omega Flight #1 Review

Anyone? If possible I'd love to have someone who can commit to doing a review for this book, and the next four, and if possible to have the reviews the day it comes out, or the day after, as a draw to the site.

If need-be I'll do it, but frankly I've got my hands kinda full at the moment, and I'd like to try and do as much coding and maintenance as possible, and rely a little more on the fanbase for more content of AF.net. Alphanex is a great example of this. It is possible that I will be rebuilding AF.net to be more interactive by members down the road, but that won't be Until fall that I'll even get a chance to look into what I can do with that.

Ben

Well, I am in no way a professional writer but I put this together. I originally intended on it being a sort of thanks to the Omega team for putting out such a great book. I re-did it a bit and you are welcome to use it if you want. If you like it I can certainly try and get one out for the rest of the mini, if not, I won't take it personally, promise!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Have you ever heard those stories about how some things seem to come full circle? I think that this may be one of those times.
    When I was a much younger man I was really into comics. The year was 1985 and I poured almost every cent that a teenage boy can get into comics and the king of my passion was a small team out of Canada called Alpha Flight.
    I couldn’t get enough of Canada’s premier super team; it was like I was an honorary member. I felt their pain and reveled in their joy. Each month I would voraciously consume the newest issue. My best friend and I would debate possible scenarios for hours at a time.
    Unfortunately, sometimes boys grow up and loose touch with the heroes of their childhood. I left my team behind in the early 1990’s for the military life. I would flirt with the idea of collecting again every so often but it never came to be.
    So here we are in 2007, I’m all grown up with a wife and a little boy when I hear about Civil War. I read into it a little bit and found out that my beloved Alpha Flight had fallen in battle, protecting Canada from the latest threat. There was a ray of hope that shined through the dark cloud of Alpha’s demise.
    I began to read rumblings of the new Flight; it would be called Omega, the last chance for both Canada and the Flight. I followed along with some amount of trepidation; after all, this was not my Alpha. I kept my expectations low and hoped for the best.
    So here I am, issue one of Omega Flight in hand and it is 1985 all over again. The book opens with the Prime Minister going over the carnage created by American supervillians who have crossed the border. America now requires all powered beings to register with the government courtesy of Tony Stark. With no Alpha Flight there to stop them, villains see The Great White North as fertile grounds for carnage and plunder. Enter Omega Flight, Canada’s last line of defense, and possibly the last chance of the Flight in general.
    Michael Avon Omeing and Scott Kolins deliver the one, two combination punch of great story and art. There are a lot of nods to Alpha Flight and a few Easter eggs for the old fans. The dialogue draws you in and Kolins depiction of the characters keeps you in.
    This book has it all, comedy, drama, heartbreak, action and an ending that leaves you breathless for the next issue. You are doing yourself a disservice if you let this book pass you by. Get yourself to a comic shop and pick up Omega Flight #1, you won’t regret it!

Thanks! I'll put this and one done by Captain Primate up tonight after kid's in bed

Ben