Thread: A Question About What Talisman Said

Default A Question About What Talisman Said

I've been wondering what was meant when Elizabeth said: "Alpha Flight had it's time... we had a good run... but those days are over. It was over by the time I joined."
    Is that refering to the end of Byrne's run on the book?

EDIT TO ADD:

Looking back over AF #28 (Byrne's last issue) after the Beyonder brings Talisman back he comments on her humanity being a barrier to the great power within her. To which Shaman replies: "It is less her humanity than her youth, Beyonder"

Mike, is this what you were referencing when Elizabeth said: "My father should never have allowed me join Alpha Flight--I'm too young."? If so, that's a nice touch.

That's how I read it. I always kinda felt Persuasion and Talisman were Alpha Flight, but most of the others never quite made it for me. I know a lot of folks love Wild Child, Windshear, Witchfire, etc., but Alpha Flight for me will always be the originals. Not knocking those other characters, they just didn't put in the time I guess is the best way to put it. Even Talisman and Persuasion push the envelope a bit. I think the statement meant the beginning of the end was early in the first volume.
    "Well, the only person talking about love today is the preacher. And it seems noboday gets just all the learning but the teacher."

The Temptations "Ball of Confusion"

Ehhhh.. I never Liked Pursuation and never would like to count her as Alpha.. Those who Deserve Alpha on their resumes would be:

Guardian (The fully human one that died in issue 12)
    Vindicator
    Puck
    Northstar
    Aurora
    Sasquatch
    Madison Jefferies
    Snowbird
    Shaman
    Talisman

I even Cut Marrina.. cause face it.. she put in less time than really any other member.. she always stuck out in the begenning and didn't flow

Though I have to say, if we're goign with characters that flowed with Alpha.. I'd throw Diamond Lil and Windshear in there.. because those two from their induction fit... like Manikin, pursuasion, and the twin sisters never fit at all they stuck out.. they didn't belong in a government sanctioned team.. they belonged in a canadien power pack...

Windshear's personality is what I think might put him in the alpha catagory

Diamond Lil has been around since the begenning of Alpha which is why she almost deserves the alpha mark.. but then again she also was an enemy for a while.. but when she joined she fit

I like Wildchild.. but he never really fit when he joined.. dunno why.. but yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by SmurfInABlender
    Ehhhh.. I never Liked Pursuation and never would like to count her as Alpha.. Those who Deserve Alpha on their resumes would be:

Guardian (The fully human one that died in issue 12)
    Vindicator
    Puck
    Northstar
    Aurora
    Sasquatch
    Madison Jefferies
    Snowbird
    Shaman
    Talisman

I even Cut Marrina.. cause face it.. she put in less time than really any other member.. she always stuck out in the begenning and didn't flow

Though I have to say, if we're goign with characters that flowed with Alpha.. I'd throw Diamond Lil and Windshear in there.. because those two from their induction fit... like Manikin, pursuasion, and the twin sisters never fit at all they stuck out.. they didn't belong in a government sanctioned team.. they belonged in a canadien power pack...

Windshear's personality is what I think might put him in the alpha catagory

Diamond Lil has been around since the begenning of Alpha which is why she almost deserves the alpha mark.. but then again she also was an enemy for a while.. but when she joined she fit

I like Wildchild.. but he never really fit when he joined.. dunno why.. but yeah.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Persuasion didn't feel like alpha, but Purple Girl did. Confused!? lol. I have to admit, I disliked every character introduced post Byrne in vol1 except for Purple Girl (When she was young). The team was still recognizable and a family and she fit in as a young, troubled teen in this "family". She was kind of our Jubilee. Though once Manikin(ugh) and the Dean sisters joined, that was it for me. She became an adult and lost her niche.. the book too.

"You're telling me you got rid of James, Marina, Box, Sasquatch, Snowbird, the Twins, Shaman, Talisman and Puck while pissing on their histories to add THESE losers? Then put them together in a SPACESHIP!? And you want me to buy this WHY!?" -My thoughts at the time

"But-but you don't need all of them because Manikin is 4 in 1! Who needs Marina? She's green and has claws and can breath underwater. Who needs that!? Goblyn is BLUE and has claws and can breath the AIR!!! WOW!" -fictional Bill Mantlo