Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thanks from Mike Oeming

Thanks to you and the whole creative team for putting such an effort into the book, Mike. A lot of folks (even non-AF readers) are talking about how good the first issue was, and are waiting for the second to see what happens. Keep up the great work.

=D>

I also want to add my thanks, Mike.

I have yet to read the book(I will be reading it soon), but I want to let you know, that I appreciate your effort (Scott, Reber and everyone else involved too) to get this book published.

I am still angry with Alpha Flight's deceased status and I still wish there were an ongoing Alpha book...However, I don't place any of the blame on you (just wanted you to know). I've been very conflicted about this whole project and it's been not terribly easy to accept it.

I've only seen the previews so far and it looks really great!

Best.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default Want to add my thanks, too.

Mike, Scott, and Reber...well done. I have always felt that with some true consideration for the characters, decent stories could be told. Omega Flight #1, thank goodness, has proven me right, and I want to add my hope that OF becomes an on-going, whether with a # 6 or a new #1.

Quote Originally Posted by SmurfInABlender
    I don't care what it means.. I just wish i could see what was on that blasted computer screen to see what is on its way!!!!
    Ha, peering at the laptop screen was my first instinct as well.

And I would also like to add my thanks to Omega Flight's creative team.

I have been (strangely) quiet for a while now on this board. That has to do with the fact that I have not yet read OF #1. I guess, somehow in some unexplainable way, I must be a victim of the sold-out status of this comic. I ordered OF through an online comic shop two full months before it was scheduled to be released, and added it to my pull list. Yet, when i check my status online, it says "unshipped".

So, on one hand, i am frustrated, because if this comic had sucked, i would probably have it in my hands right now. Yet, because it rocks and is well-liked, I have to wait for the next printing to get it.

sigh...
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Lion-O's 2nd Cousin Alpha Flight

I said thanks already via MYSPACE, but I'll say it again here. Thanks for Omega Flight. I can honestly say I haven't been this impressed with an issue of Flight since The Godfather aka John Byrne left the series.
    Humour, excellent characterization, a kick-ass fight and my fave Talisman. It had everything that I love.
    Thanks for doing your homework. Congrats on the Diamond sell-out. And here's hoping that OF goes ongoing.

FIGHT FOR THE FLIGHT
    The world is NOT getting more Alpha Flight! Tweet me you twits! @DaVeO52

And with another issue read (and re-read)-

Keep up the good work.

Seriously.
    "You cannot win, mailman Mike. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

What everybody else said.

What everyone else said, and a little of my own, Mike.

To be quite honest, I'm very happy with the fact that you do your homework and make sure that no character comes out looking like a doofus in your comics. I love how you write battles and such, and I'm looking forward to Wrecking Crew vs Omega Flight.

Also, the Stormbreaker fight of Stardust vs Bill? Classic, man. If I had my say, it would go down in history as one of the greatest comic battles that Marvel's seen, right up there with Galactus vs Mephisto or Thor vs the Midgard Serpent.

And, as is obvious, I'm happy you brought Bill into the limelight and you've done the character a lot of justice. Muchos gracias, amigo.

-Damien