Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guardian Sketch from Emerald City

Oh nice, I love your style. If OF does become an on-going do you think you would draw an issue? I think you have been asked this before.

I like it, but I prefer a more realistic look to my superheroes. This has kind of a cartoony feel to it. Not saying that's bad, just not my preference. Still I'd love to get my hands on a piece like that!
    "Well, the only person talking about love today is the preacher. And it seems noboday gets just all the learning but the teacher."

The Temptations "Ball of Confusion"

i love it, always been a big fan of mikes art (powers especially).

king, i asked mike that, i believe at his boards, and he said possibly a annual.

and no offense to mike, but the way scott is drawing omega now i don't want to see another artist

I really liek your watercolor.. I can;t wait for the mice templar

That's awesome. I love how well the motion is done, its so fluid and realistic looking, not at all like the still poses which are becoming a mainstay of some comic book artists style. (Cough*Land*Cough!.)

Default Hurm...

That picture is tight. I would love to see you draw some issues of Omega down the road. I will never get tired of the Guardian suit. The first issue I read as a kid was #11. I was simply blown away with how cool that costume looks and I still am today.
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

That's a great Guardian piece. Whoever got that is very lucky.

HAH! He drew that for my buddy Dan!

My friend has that picture, awesome! ;D

And Mr. Oeming will probably remember me as the guy who got Stormbreaker signed, and also tried to get my Beta Ray Bill heroclix signed, but we couldn't find a silver pen so I left, holding my head in shame... Well, the last part about the shame is not true, but still :P

I dig the watercolors on this piece too. I think Guardian's a little thin looking, but that's more in keeping with Mike's style from what I've seen of it.

The BRB clix figure looks cool, but it's not legal in constructed play anymore right? It's pretty hard to find that guy too, so I'm hoping there's a new one in the Avengers set coming out this summer.

Talked to the Heroclix designer at the Con too, and I don't think Bill's coming otu this set, but they may actually redo him.

Quote Originally Posted by Theta_Ray_Bill
    HAH! He drew that for my buddy Dan!

My friend has that picture, awesome! ;D

And Mr. Oeming will probably remember me as the guy who got Stormbreaker signed, and also tried to get my Beta Ray Bill heroclix signed, but we couldn't find a silver pen so I left, holding my head in shame... Well, the last part about the shame is not true, but still :P
    Do you mind if I ask how much your buddy bought it for? I'm curious?

Geeze...

I don't really recall. I only thought it was really cool by the time our road trip got back to the Hotel-Room. I went home early that night because I had to work on Monday and I was just too exhausted, mainly thanks to him ironically and his obsession with trying to get a sketch from Adam Hughes. (Woke everyone up at 5:00 am, and he was the only blood vehicle ride to the damn convention...)

So I know he was basically there to go sketches, so he had a lot of scratch on him. He couldn't paid a lot for it, I dunno. I'll tell you what, next time I see him or call him (which should be within a week) I'll ask how much he got it for.

Quote Originally Posted by Theta_Ray_Bill
    Geeze...

I don't really recall. I only thought it was really cool by the time our road trip got back to the Hotel-Room. I went home early that night because I had to work on Monday and I was just too exhausted, mainly thanks to him ironically and his obsession with trying to get a sketch from Adam Hughes. (Woke everyone up at 5:00 am, and he was the only blood vehicle ride to the damn convention...)

So I know he was basically there to go sketches, so he had a lot of scratch on him. He couldn't paid a lot for it, I dunno. I'll tell you what, next time I see him or call him (which should be within a week) I'll ask how much he got it for.
    No worries - I was just curious if you knew off the top of your head.

Oh, by the way, called my friend, claimed to his last recollection it was $60 US.