Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Happy & Surprised

This reminds me of when Sal Busema use to hide a spider on the covers of Spectacular Spider-man years ago. Great job Scott!

MM

I don't know who here participates in other forums, particularly at Newsarama, Wizard, Marvel, etc but if they do, it would be a great thing to bring this up there so thta other fans that may not have caught on can truly appreciate what an excellent issue this was.
    This creative team rocks. We can only hope that this will get the greenlight as an ongoing. It looks like if it does, we will finally get an Alpha sequel that die-hard Alpha fans has been waiting for for years...

Quote Originally Posted by Ahab
    I don't know who here participates in other forums, particularly at Newsarama, Wizard, Marvel, etc but if they do, it would be a great thing to bring this up there so thta other fans that may not have caught on can truly appreciate what an excellent issue this was.
    This creative team rocks. We can only hope that this will get the greenlight as an ongoing. It looks like if it does, we will finally get an Alpha sequel that die-hard Alpha fans has been waiting for for years...
    Already done.

I've got a question for you, Scott. Can we expect Force Works/Avengers West Easter eggs in the series as well?

I'd imagine a few USAgent and Arachne fans will be climbing aboard as well.

And for the record I love the art in this book. There were a couple wierd expressions I had to really digest, but overall, this book is a beaut! I absolutely loved the constant nods to us old timers here. And once you said there was a well hidden Easter egg, I started looking for the Fight for the Flight banner on all of the PC screens in the issue. That would've rocked!
    "Well, the only person talking about love today is the preacher. And it seems noboday gets just all the learning but the teacher."

The Temptations "Ball of Confusion"

yeah!!!!!! i win! i love winning! yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do I win?!?
    Pain knows no boundries, but Puck knows pain!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by batman_von_gein

What do I win?!?
    I'm pretty sure you just enjoyed what you won! That's right the chance to gloat! Bravo!
    "Well, the only person talking about love today is the preacher. And it seems noboday gets just all the learning but the teacher."

Incidentally things have been very positive at the Marvel Boards. Only complaints were slow pacing and no appearances by BRB, USAgent, Guardian, or Arachne. Most say they'll definitely be back for issue #2, but if the pace doesn't pick up they may drop it. Here's hoping #2 starts and finishes with a bang.....named BRB. He seems to have more fans speaking up right now. Lots are calling for an ongoing! Hopefully Marvel sees this and makes a quick announcement, signing Oeming and Kolins to a 50 issue ongoing (for starters).

It looks like if it does, we will finally get an Alpha sequel that die-hard Alpha fans has been waiting for for years...
    I disagree, but maybe this will do (for a while). I'm getting my OF #1 later today.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

I really enjoyed issue #1 guys. Excellent work.

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default I think even Box is in there, too. *

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    Is it the original members on the totem pole?

From Top to Bottom: Guardian, Snowbird, Sasquatch, Northstar/Aurora, Puck and Marrina
    If the next four issues are this detailed, MARVEL will have no excuse for not green-lighting an on-going.

* My bad. Wrote that without the book in front of me. It's Puck overtop of Marrina, not Box.

I know I'm noting winning anything but I thought I noticed something or someone on the same page as the totem pole down at the bottom right corner. It looked to me like another Twoyoungmen, maybe Micheal or Grandfather.
    Rockin' Roll Martian!!!

Quote Originally Posted by batman_von_gein

What do I win?!?
    You get to be the one to save Sasquatch.
    "We won't be calling it Alpha Flight. This is a new era, a new team, a new name is called for..."

Have fun with the Wrecking Crew.
    "You cannot win, mailman Mike. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

sweet!!!!
    Pain knows no boundries, but Puck knows pain!!!!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Scott, I hope you're not too surprised we like it.

People, Michael is spelled 'Michael', not 'Micheal' (sorry, that's come up a bit on this thread, and it's a pet peeve of mine. I had that misspelling on my payslips for months once. It ends in the same 'el' as Daniel, Joel, Nathaniel, etc...)

Easter eggs = cool. (I won't comment on this issue's until I read the thing, but yay! I spotted the baby Omega in the classroom in the previews.)
    I love them. They show up in Runaways a lot; Molly eating Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs (from Calvin & Hobbes)... And I love the park bench advertising Deliverance... on ice!.

die-hard Alpha fans has been waiting for for years...
    Bruce Willis as Guardian?

- Le Messor
    "Do you have reservations, sir?"
    "Yes, but we've decided to eat here anyway."