Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Happy & Surprised

Quote Originally Posted by mreeez
    How about the girl with the racoon hat listening to Liz who has the Bat symbol on the hat.
    I did see that, but i thought I was looking for something more Alpharific.

Might it be a reference to V3, I wonder?
    "We won't be calling it Alpha Flight. This is a new era, a new team, a new name is called for..."

I doubt this is it as after character pictures were psoted it was made known that Elizabeth's coat is a replica of Shaman's costume

but we already knew that

Quote Originally Posted by Ottawa Renegade
    Quote Originally Posted by mreeez
    How about the girl with the racoon hat listening to Liz who has the Bat symbol on the hat.
    I did see that, but i thought I was looking for something more Alpharific.

Might it be a reference to V3, I wonder?
    Maybe we should start looking at the sky for flying horses?

Unless its the Sasquatch doll one of the kids in the second room of the class room is holding.

It has to be the shaman outline... Is it definately his though? We did just see a vision of owls.... Regardless, between the skull and the outline, it looks like Talisman's gonna be getting some visits from spirits!

I could have sworn I saw Puck II in the group talking with Talisman....
    Mario

Default Easter Eggs

Is the Easter Egg the Bryne artwork on the newspaper the Wreaking Crew are reading as they try and enter Canada?

What a good first issue!

Quote Originally Posted by Mario
    I could have sworn I saw Puck II in the group talking with Talisman....
    ..and, in the same panel, Monica Rambeau, drinking from a water bottle.
    Mario

i wonder if its the fact that elizabeth is talking to a snowbird?

Default Re: Easter Eggs

Quote Originally Posted by Ogrebear
    Is the Easter Egg the Bryne artwork on the newspaper the Wreaking Crew are reading as they try and enter Canada?

What a good first issue!
    Hiya Ogrebear, welcome to the forum. I won't know nothing of Easter Eggs until Saturday, when I pick up.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

And we have a winner: batman_von_gein! Good job!

Oh and I forgot about the "Avon" on the bar sign. hee hee. The other Canadian stuff is stuff (mottos and such) I try to put in to help for the fact that I'm not Canadian.

And that is Walter's apartment. I don't know why they "made" that the C.S.I.S headquarters. That wasn't in the script I drew.

The AF totem was pure fun - thanks for the low end of the totem story!

Again, I'm thrilled you guys are enjoying the book so far. More good stuff coming.

scottk.

I'm really impressed Scott, by the amount of effort you and Mike are putting into the book. It's the kind of thing the industry needs to revitalize it, IMO.
    Easter eggs are a brilliant idea! It's like watching a movie with many layers, you have to read it again and again to catch all of the little accents. Please continue with this.

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Quote Originally Posted by Ottawa Renegade
    There is one thing I noticed before but that I didn't bring up. It might be nothing, but it caught my eye. In the classroom, there's one kid who does not look happy or impressed at all to the point that she stands out. I assume that's by design?
    [I think so too, very pronounced. And there doesn't seem to be much going on in this issue that isn't deliberate. BTW, I like it that both Walter and Elizabeth are teaching. I do wonder when Walter gave up his "secret identity", though. G/A-F]...
    Edit: Oh, I also don't think that the white bird at the top right of the page with the totem pole is there by accident. But I might just be reading too much into things...
    I think it's Snowbird, in her owl-avatar guise. Hope so. That would make this issue really tight, storywise.

And I ditto what Transmetropolitan says about Sasquatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Garry/Al-Fan
    I think it's Snowbird, in her owl-avatar guise. Hope so. That would make this issue really tight, storywise.
    I agree this wouldn't be the first time Snowbird gave Talisman a vision.

Wow... I hadn't actually been able to really see the outline until now, I could see the shapes but I couldn't put them together. That's a really cool outline of shaman... It suggests everything perfectly.

With all of the owls, bears, and the white bird above the totem pole... We could be seeing a return of birdy! (If you look at my thread on cover 2, I think that there's a face or something in the background of the leaf... Maybe a sign? Oh, that and half a bathtub.) I'm exstatic!

The very fact that there have been so many little things spotted is a testament to how incredibly awesomely detailed this is... I have never been so thrilled in re-reading a comic as I am in this one... heck, most comics ignore easter eggs or accurate references entirely, but this is just chock full of them! I'm going to be reading this one issue until the next one comes out I think! There are just as many wonderful little clues in this as there are in an episode of Lost! Y'all have done a great job!

200!
    The ability to defy death can be achieved...
    It is a state acquired through compassion not greed...