Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Happy & Surprised

Default Happy & Surprised

I'm very happy that you all seem to be really enjoying what you've seen so far. I may have missed a remark on it but I'm very surprised that no one seems to have mentioned the best easter egg in the book! I did hide it pretty well, but I didn't think it would get missed entirely.

Go ahead, look again, it's worth it

scottk.

Is it the original members on the totem pole?

From Top to Bottom: Guardian, Snowbird, Sasquatch, Northstar/Aurora, Puck and Marrina

I doubt they're the easter egg, but can anyone make out either:

1) the text printed on the obverse of the commemorative coin above the portraits

or

2) the name of the tavern... I see AVON but can't get the rest

Thanks!

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

There is one thing I noticed before but that I didn't bring up. It might be nothing, but it caught my eye. In the classroom, there's one kid who does not look happy or impressed at all to the point that she stands out. I assume that's by design?

And if the Easter egg is not the totem pole (or the Sasquatch action figure in class) then I'm stumped, I think.

Edit: Oh, I also don't think that the white bird at the top right of the page with the totem pole is there by accident. But I might just be reading too much into things...
    "We won't be calling it Alpha Flight. This is a new era, a new team, a new name is called for..."

Quote Originally Posted by rplass
    I doubt they're the easter egg, but can anyone make out either:

1) the text printed on the obverse of the commemorative coin above the portraits

or

2) the name of the tavern... I see AVON but can't get the rest

Thanks!

Love,
    rplass
    I think it's AVON's on the top of the circle, and BAR on the bottom, but its hard to see.

I thought there might be something on the banner being pulled by the plane flying over the Sarcee festival, but I can't make anything out.

Scott, just the fact that you added in easter eggs makes you my hero. Terry Dodson is the only other penciler I know who does that.

So, I'm just going to list everything I can see, which has anypossibility of being an easter egg. Most of them won't be I'm sure. (P.S. I'm going away from the internet, so happy easter everyone!)

#1: pg. 3. Kids in front row of class look like kiddie OF.
    #2: Pg. 4. Bottom side cell: Guy is making the number 2 in the background and also has the number written on his hand...
    #3: Pg. 4. Middle bottom cell: Person has head in hands and a bag that looks like a Medicine Pouch.
    #4: Pg. 3-4. It's someone's birthday? (I said I would bring up everything!)
    #5: Pg. 5. (I'm ignoring ads in how I count pages.) Go Wolverines! Nice. "Sea to Sea" Mari Usque ad Mare. Canada's motto.
    #6: Pg. 9 USAgent appears to be fighting with a small lightsabre. (A shoto )
    #7: Pg. 13. In the cell in which Liz hugs Sassy, Shaman's grandfather's skull is visible inside her... Tent.
    #8: Pg. 14. The wicked totem pole tribute! Did you that many Native tribes on the Northwest coast used to sometimes sacrifice slaves when a totem pole was erected? Sometimes they would literally crush the slave under the pole! That's why being on the low end of the totem pole is a bad thing.
    #9: Pg. 15. The bar sign that has the pic of the fish on it says "Avons."
    #10: Pg. 16. "CSIS headquarters" looks suspiciously like Walter's apartment. Was it supposed to be and then got changed?

And Bonus: The traffic light on pg. 21 is all red!! It's anarchy!!

That's all I've got. Did I hit the mark on any of them? The skull maybe?

Nope. Nobody has found it yet, if I'm thinking of the same one Scott is.

pg 3 a girl has a necklace and it is a P.
    Pain knows no boundries, but Puck knows pain!!!!

How about the girl with the racoon hat listening to Liz who has the Bat symbol on the hat.

Its not the kid holding up the copy of Alpha Flight in the class. Thats too obvious.

Hmm. Time to break out the magnifying glass.

pg 14 shaman's outline can be seen in the bottom cell in the bushes

Added
    did anyone notice that on the next to last page in the vision of alpha flight dying that guardian kinda looks funny. his face and eyes almost make him look like an android or something? just found it funny

Quote Originally Posted by batman_von_gein
    Nicely spotted. Whether that's the intended egg or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    Nicely spotted. Whether that's the intended egg or not.

thank you. my eyes are trained from years of comics and video games

thank you. my eyes are trained from years of comics and video games
    I'm not gonna say what my eyes are, or from years of what....

I've got yer Easter Egg right here.- Sasquatch looking like an A-list badass.

Not what you're going for, I know, but it deserves comment...
    "You cannot win, mailman Mike. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."