Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OF#1 Sold Out in Lansing, MI (I think)

Default OF#1 Sold Out in Lansing, MI (I think)

So, I went to pick up my reserved copies of OF#1 at my usual comic shop. The owner told me that the 8 copies that they had on the shelves sold out relatively quickly - in about 4 hours. I got home and decided to check out the other shops in the area. Lo and behold - their copies had been sold out as well. I may have missed some smaller, off the radar shops...but all signs point to OF#1 selling out in my area (Lansing, MI)

Good news, my shop was sold out of 25 copies at 12:30

3 of mine are sold out as well. gonna call mile high and midtown to see what the larger retailers have left in stock.

someone over at bendis's (oemings) boards says the re-stocks are backordered as well.

Initiative set up omega in my opinion.. alot of peopel will be checkign it out.. and though it ran slow this issue will definantly have peopel commign back for more

Guy at my LCS, which was sold out of OF by mid afternoon, said that people were grabbing it because it has Initiative on the top without really knowing anything about Alpha Flight.

Quote Originally Posted by mreeez
    Guy at my LCS, which was sold out of OF by mid afternoon, said that people were grabbing it because it has Initiative on the top without really knowing anything about Alpha Flight.
    I'll take that if it means people will pick it up for a few issues. Chances are they'll get hooked by the great characterization and artwork we've seen thus far.
    "Well, the only person talking about love today is the preacher. And it seems noboday gets just all the learning but the teacher."

The Temptations "Ball of Confusion"

Copies languish on the shelf of the comic store I go to here in Blommington, IN.

The Alpha Flight Classic trades, on the other hand, are flying off the shelves.
    "You cannot win, mailman Mike. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

Quote Originally Posted by Transmetropolitan
    Copies languish on the shelf of the comic store I go to here in Blommington, IN
    Well, I'm sure there are stores that would love to take them! The owner of the shop here could see himself losing money not having more.

Ben

Heh. Maybe we could orchestrate some kind of exchange program.
    "You cannot win, mailman Mike. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

Copies languish on the shelf of the comic store I go to here in Blommington, IN.

I lived in Bloomington for years when I was doing my PhD (I share your pain, by the way). The place never struck me as having much of a local comic scene. On the other hand, I'm surprised that OF isn't selling. For a small-ish city, Bloomington has lots of Canadians (because of the university)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Primate

I lived in Bloomington for years when I was doing my PhD (I share your pain, by the way). The place never struck me as having much of a local comic scene. On the other hand, I'm surprised that OF isn't selling. For a small-ish city, Bloomington has lots of Canadians (because of the university)
    What did you get your Doctorate in CaptainPrimate?

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothsKiller

Anthropology (I'm actually an archaeologist) - though I've ended up teaching and researching game studies, game design, storyworld design, transmedia storytelling, interactive design, and serious game design.

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothsKiller

Anthropology (I'm actually an archaeologist) - though I've ended up teaching and researching game studies, game design, storyworld design, transmedia storytelling, interactive design, and serious game design.
    That's awesome, I'm trying to get my B.A. in anthropology right now! (Social/Cultural anthropology.) Game design sounds cool though. As does the whole transmedia storytelling thing.

Now back on topic: my LCS is now sold out. I haven't checked with any of the other ones in the area though.

I'm getting a BS in Public Relations/advertising...

*crickets chirp*

anyone? anyone?

*walks always with head hung low*

Eh, Smurfinablender, I couldn't even spell BA so kudo's to you for what ya doing, but Advertising and Public Relations ? Admit it, your one of Rich Johnsons disciples and your a part of his nefarious plot
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!