Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: omega flight #1: "I got it!" thread! (SPOILERS)

Default Re: RAAAAAA!!! Spot on, King Mungi

Quote Originally Posted by Garry/Al-Fan
    Wow! The Wrecking Crew is gonna die? I hope Beta Ray Bill shows up to lend a hand, then. I'm ready for the rest of the team to appear.
    Apparently

"SCOTT: I love the Wrecking Crew – they’re just a bunch of thugs wanting to be rich and party all the time. It’s the 80’s brought to horrific Marvel proportions. I hope they come back. I mean after they’re ki - ooops. Ahem. I guess we’ll have to wait and see. "
    http://www.alphaflight.net/interview...interview1.php

Default Re: RAAAAAA!!! Spot on, King Mungi

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry/Al-Fan
    Wow! The Wrecking Crew is gonna die? I hope Beta Ray Bill shows up to lend a hand, then. I'm ready for the rest of the team to appear.
    Apparently

"SCOTT: I love the Wrecking Crew – they’re just a bunch of thugs wanting to be rich and party all the time. It’s the 80’s brought to horrific Marvel proportions. I hope they come back. I mean after they’re ki - ooops. Ahem. I guess we’ll have to wait and see. "
    http://www.alphaflight.net/interview...interview1.php
    I smell misdirection. They won't die unless Tanaraq makes them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottawa Renegade
    I thought the dialogue was strong and the level of research very obvious (including the bit about one member from V3).
    Quote Originally Posted by PWalk
    I just reread it and laughed out loud at the "time travel really messed him up" line. Ha that was great. And without any spoilers given I say bring that guy back after he's fully recovered.
    How? In the post AFv3 #12 timeline, YJ never time-travelled.

I want him to give into Tanaraq, just for the briefest of moments so Talisman has to step in
    But he's not linked to Tanaraq. He's in Snowbird's old body.

Quote Originally Posted by Somebody
    He time-traveled during vol.3, so he must have had a breakdown after the series ended.

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothsKiller
    I smell misdirection. They won't die unless Tanaraq makes them.
    That's why I said Tanaraq appears, the personfication of death better step up his game

He time-traveled during vol.3, so he must have had a breakdown after the series ended.
    But he didn't - all those events were erased/shunted off to an alternate timeline.

As far as YJ is concerned, they fought BH6, Flashback dropped off Shaman's pouch, they went home, Sasq tipped it out, the (temporal copies of) Byrne AF turned up. No time-travel for him. Only pastShaman and Nemesis had any link to the erased/alternate timeline.

That's why I said Tanaraq appears, the personfication of death better step up his game
    And again, Sasq is just a shapeshifter with a powerful alt form since his resurrection. He's not linked to Tq.

But he didn't - all those events were erased/shunted off to an alternate timeline.

As far as YJ is concerned, they fought BH6, the (temporal copies of) Byrne AF turned up, they went home.

And again, Sasq is just a shapeshifter with a powerful alt form since his resurrection. He's not linked to Tq.
    They wern't simply erased, his part in the story created a AR. He still time-traveled, most of their memories were erased [apparently not as Walter remembers] and maybe that's why he was freaking out. However, the time travel did happen and Jack killing Omega Flight resulted in a different AR.

Actually he is, even Snowbird in her body got possessed by Tanaraq twice, and revealed two other times she was at risk of being taken over.

They wern't simply erased, his part in the story created in AR. He still time-traveled, most of their memories were erased and maybe that's why he was freaking out. However, the time travel did happen and Jack killing Omega Flight resulted in a different AR.
    It wasn't memory-erasure. Otherwise, he would have been missing an eye besides anything else at the end when he clearly wasn't. The time-travel happened, but to an alternate YJ, NOT the YJ left at he end of the series (nor the Puck2, Centennial or MML.)

It wasn't memory-erasure. Otherwise, he would have been missing an eye besides anything else at the end when he clearly wasn't. The time-travel happened, but to an alternate YJ, NOT the YJ left at he end of the series (nor the Puck2, Centennial or MML.)
    Nemesis told Shaman basically they would be the only ones to remember what happened yet seems Walter does as well. Actually still one in the same, when the temporal copies of AF appeared Jack still had the memories of time-traveling just because part of it was fixed doesn't remove the fact he did it and even Walter remembers it so it's not unlikely Jack wouldn't as well. The real YJ was sent into the past and remained there for years until Shaman fixed the time-line with his spells, it was the same Jack.

I don't recall Snowbird ever being taken over by Tanaraq. He was prone to taking on the bestial side of Sas, but the same could be said for any form she took.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    I don't recall Snowbird ever being taken over by Tanaraq. He was prone to taking on the bestial side of Sas, but the same could be said for any form she took.
    Pestilence helped Tanaraq take her over when he summoned all the Great Beasts. Then in the Alpha Flight annual they stated she was at risk of Tanaraq taking control of her

Alright, some general reaction and questions after reading OF1 again.

1)Was that Snowbird in owl form appearing to Elizabeth in the dream/story sequence?

2)As a set up for the series, it was good, and especially for former alpha flight fans. However, for non-alpha fans, I have to wonder if it will grab people. If you're interested in Omega Flight because you like Beta Ray Bill, OF#1 didn't give you any reason to pick up the book.

I know it didn't get re-written as later issues did because of the downgrade to Mini, but I'm not sure that no re-writing the issue was a good idea.

3)Walter can't be dead, as it appears that this issue takes place before The Initiative one shot where he recruit's Michael Pointer. Since its obviously him that Agent Brown and Sasq are discussing in the heli-carrier on the bottom of page 10.

4)Possible scenarios for the future:
    1)Beta Ray bill saves Walt's bacon. The Crew got their powers via an Asgardian enchanted weapon, it seems reasonable that BRB might somehow be draw to them.
    2)Walt gets taken over by Tanaraq and kills them. Even if Walt wasn't in the past, theres nothing to say that the encounter with the Collective might not have changed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus
    3)Walter can't be dead, as it appears that this issue takes place before The Initiative one shot where he recruit's Michael Pointer. Since its obviously him that Agent Brown and Sasq are discussing in the heli-carrier on the bottom of page 10.
    Unless the scene with Mikey was a flashback.

Unless, you know,time elapses between the helicarrier bits and the fight with the crew.

Maybe NOW we know why Walter goes from doing his best to teach a classroom to drinkign and staring at dossiers in depression.

"I gotta work with THESE people?"

I think the sequence is Helicarrier- Initative- Visit to Elizabeth - Fight with the crew
    "You cannot win, mailman Mike. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus
    Unless the scene with Mikey was a flashback.
    "Untold stories of Mike the Mailman".
    "We won't be calling it Alpha Flight. This is a new era, a new team, a new name is called for..."

Quote Originally Posted by Ottawa Renegade

"Untold stories of Mike the Mailman".
    Episode 1: Mike vs. the Pitbull.