Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: omega flight #1: "I got it!" thread! (SPOILERS)

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead
    I loved it!

Spoilers: I fear the worst for Walter! That ending plus him not being in any of the promos. I expected BRB to show up and save him at the end but no show! I expect Sassy's defeat to be the reason for Elizabeth to accept to lead the team in Walter's absence. What kind of absence though!? Who knows!
    SPOILERS

Man you can't take out Sas with by dropping a truck on him. Sure he's not 100%, but he's still Sas! I figure BRB and the boys will pull his fat outta the fire in #2 and he'll take a hiatus to recover emotionally from both defeats.
    "Well, the only person talking about love today is the preacher. And it seems noboday gets just all the learning but the teacher."

The Temptations "Ball of Confusion"

I want him to give into Tanaraq, just for the briefest of moments so Talisman has to step in

a semi can't defeat a guy who lifted an AIRPLANE in X-men 120....plus sas has healing in his sasquatch form so I beleive he is at 100% physically jsut not mentally

It seems like the reason Talisman joins.. and not only that.. she'll take his place as leader, because I think mentally sas might be washed up... and he'll stay in the background alot more and then come out every once in a while to give us a treat of watchign him kick butt again!

something has to draw Elizabeth in and away from the sarcee nation.. and the close death of what is left of alpha might jsut do that

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    I want him to give into Tanaraq, just for the briefest of moments so Talisman has to step in
    Well, that would be one way to get Talisman on the team, needing to be around to make sure Tanaraq doesn't completely take over Walter.

Perhaps Shaman's spirit will guide her in that direction!
    "Well, the only person talking about love today is the preacher. And it seems noboday gets just all the learning but the teacher."

The Temptations "Ball of Confusion"

Quote Originally Posted by Barnacle13
    Perhaps Shaman's spirit will guide her in that direction!
    I would put money on it we see Shaman in some form of astral form.

Okay, my will lenten sacrifice has been totally usurped by the release of Omega Flight...

Spoilers:

I lovered it!! Something about explosions and fighting always makes me wanna read more. I seriously hope that we get to see Tanaraq take over. When Walter was fighting and he was saying "not again," I wasn't sure if we were seeing Tanaraq take over or not. That said, since Talisman and USAgent are leading the team and we see Walter transform back into a human after he gets blown up, I'm pretty sure that he's gonna be pretty badly stocked. I don't know what "stocked" means but it seemed like an appropriate word.

Man, Walter's self confidence must be shot now. But I do kind of wonder how the wrecking crew is still alive. Did they get a power upgrade? One of them was slashed in the eyes by a frantic Sasquatch, and the another one got smashed with legs whose strength is surpassed only be the Hulk...

Nice touches: The totem pole, the reference to Yukon Jack going crazy from time travel.

Mistakes: It would be impossible for the origin of the first Shaman to have horses in it unless the first Shaman was only created after the arrival of Europeans. While Horses did originate in North America, they went extinct here before contact with Native Americans and only became a part of Native American culture after re-introduction by Europeans.

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothsKiller
    Man, Walter's self confidence must be shot now. But I do kind of wonder how the wrecking crew is still alive. Did they get a power upgrade? One of them was slashed in the eyes by a frantic Sasquatch, and the another one got smashed with legs whose strength is surpassed only be the Hulk...
    No upgrade, their just a non-jobbing Crew as each member is equal to Thor. Piledriver has taken blows from Thor and laughed it off. Wrecker alone has taken it to Thor on more than one occasion.

Which one was it that took it to the majority of the New Avengers?

Which one was it that took it to the majority of the New Avengers?
    Just Wrecker

YES! YES! YES! Great ish! Can't wait for ish #2. I even got AF Classic today too.

MM

Mistakes: It would be impossible for the origin of the first Shaman to have horses in it unless the first Shaman was only created after the arrival of Europeans. While Horses did originate in North America, they went extinct here before contact with Native Americans and only became a part of Native American culture after re-introduction by Europeans.
    Haha although a talking bear is possible?

Nice touches: The totem pole
    Very Nice. It's got all the original members faces on it. Great attention to detail there by Kolins.

nice to see the statue of shaman in the sarcee nation aswell.. he would be a national hero... one of the only native american heroes not to die after a couple issues (I'm thinking of a certain x-man)

Didn't care for the story, myself. But then again, I'm rather tired of the "Let's spend several issues putting the team together" technique that's used a lot in comics today, so it's not entirely OF's fault. But I would have liked to have seen more of the team in action, and less "mysterious backstory".

And, on a more personal note: I have a fever, and the only cure is more Thor-Bill!
    Mario

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default RAAAAAA!!! Spot on, King Mungi

Any think Sasquatch might go Tanaraq out? as his soul is weak and his body is in pain and those are what is required to give our good old Sasquatch a power boost. (Yes. At least, I hope so. Otherwise, Walt is dogmeat. 4 against 1. I like Sasquatch a lot, but do the math. If ever there was a time being on a team is vital, for Walt that time is now. G/A-F) Also from the interview with Scott Kolins seems like the Wrecking Crew is going to die.
    Wow! The Wrecking Crew is gonna die? I hope Beta Ray Bill shows up to lend a hand, then. I'm ready for the rest of the team to appear.

My 2 cents for a solid beginning: (a) there are a lot of owls in this issue...not a good omen; (b) Snowbird doesn't seem to harbor a lot of resentment towards Elizabeth, which is good and would be unnecessarily drudging up the worst of the past; (c) Agent Brown seems to be competent and focused, so I'm hoping he's got Walter's back; (d) Elizabeth has matured, has a sense of duty (thank you, Mike and Scott), and is down-to-earth...likeable.

I hope we don't have to wait long for the answers to these questions:
    (1) what are those flying bat-things from the 1st page?
    (2) who is the "powered fool" who got pinched?
    (3) Who is Judy?

I would've considered this issue perfect if not for the reference to Yukon Jack and time travel...but that's just me and I can't wait for # 2.

I think the next issue should be even better, I have no more worries about Daisy, hope USAgent doesn't stay "stereotypical", and overall I'm satisfied. Well done.

Not so disgruntled, today.