Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: omega flight #1: "I got it!" thread! (SPOILERS)

Quote Originally Posted by Ottawa Renegade
    Question: It appears as though what we thought was Walt's apartment is actualy CSIS HQ? Was it just a fluke that it looked so much like Walt's place?
    I noticed that too. Oh well, it's just a shot of windows. Maybe CSIS had the same architech. I mean, who doesn't take shots of rum at work!?

Quote Originally Posted by Barnacle13
    Can't wait to see where it goes from here. Great work Oeming, Kolins, & Reber!
    I'm partially dyslexic and I swear to god, when I saw the cover on the shelf, I thought it said: Oeming * Kolins * beeRr, so naturally I picked it up.... then I noticed it was Omega Flight lol!

The book didn't show at my comic shop! I'll check the other one near me tomorrow.

Spoilers.
    here's some space

For the detail-oriented among us, the "World Weekly News" on p6 shows a miniaturized version of the cover for Marvel Age #2, not the cover of AF #1. Wow. I'm impressed that the writers knew of this obscure Byrne cover and used it instead of AF #1. Nice! Oh, and for those of you who wish to read the interview contained within that issue, you can read it here.

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

I loved it!

Spoilers: I fear the worst for Walter! That ending plus him not being in any of the promos. I expected BRB to show up and save him at the end but no show! I expect Sassy's defeat to be the reason for Elizabeth to accept to lead the team in Walter's absence. What kind of absence though!? Who knows!

I think the CSIS headquarters thing was a mistake, that was msot deffinantly Walt's home... unless his apartment has becomd the headquarters lol

I loved the offside comment about how it is IRON MAN'S fault that canada is infested with enemies.

I loved seeing Talisman with the Sarcee nation. I also liked walter.. Sasquatch was great and yes very byrne-ish but what I love is walter himself.. he looks very much like a brilliant man who has lost everyone he loves but still fights on. Great job with Walt's emotions!!!

I don't knwo what panel peopel keep tlakign about the NA#16 battle.. I looked through again and still can't find any.

The store owner near me is a little uptight so he wasn't much for conversation about omega flight, but I only saw 4 on the shelf... either he bought few, or sold alot... Then again I'm in Oklahoma right now... not a huge canadien draw here lol.

great stuff though, i liked the hidden mention of mailman mike.. and obviously if this was a full series you'd be in suspense as to who guardian was but since they gave it away in the initiative it was a quick catch when he said "no not him, i won't have it"

Great stuff.. I dunno how well it is sellign everywhere but I can definantly see this becoming and ongoing.. and who knows, maybe this mini series of how the flight started back up will be a good way to kick start it as it is givign enough backgroudn to catch new fans.

all in all.. GREAT book

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead
    I loved it!

Spoilers: I fear the worst for Walter! That ending plus him not being in any of the promos. I expected BRB to show up and save him at the end but no show! I expect Sassy's defeat to be the reason for Elizabeth to accept to lead the team in Walter's absence. What kind of absence though!? Who knows!
    But I'm pretty sure that the initiative set was probably pulled directly from extra material that was cut out of the later issues that would have been when mailman mike joined, so I bet sas is still around.. plus it would be really stupid to have Sas survive a freaking ball of energy that killed the rest of alpha and then be taken by 4 hoodlums... doesn't make sense, and Oeming has proved he's not that stupid, I jsut think Sas will be like Heather was before she wore the suit, a kind of back up guy who runs things from the back ground...or also since the initiative stuff probably wasn't originally goign to be shown, they were probably going to keep him being alive secret until you opened the pages of OF... which would make the opening panels make alot more sense.

LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! Talk about showing respect to Alpha fans...Every little thing made this issue that much more fun too read - from the nods to the initial Byrne era, to explaining why none of the other ex-Flight members were there, to even the nod to a character in the third series, which I thought Oeming wasn't going to bother recognizing. There was a lot for Alpha fans, though I hope it wasn't so much that it turns non-Alpha fans off. I can't wait for the second issue...and the third...and the fourth. Great job, creative team! I wasn't disappointed.

The label on Walt's apartment is a mistake. I won't elaborate any further.

Ben

I just reread it and laughed out loud at the "time travel really messed him up" line. Ha that was great. And without any spoilers given I say bring that guy back after he's fully recovered.

Quote Originally Posted by SmurfInABlender
    I don't knwo what panel peopel keep tlakign about the NA#16 battle.. I looked through again and still can't find any.
    When Sasquatch flips while fighting the Wrecking Crew. That explosion is Alpha getting iced.
    "We won't be calling it Alpha Flight. This is a new era, a new team, a new name is called for..."

Quote Originally Posted by Ahab
    LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! Talk about showing respect to Alpha fans...Every little thing made this issue that much more fun too read - from the nods to the initial Byrne era, to explaining why none of the other ex-Flight members were there, to even the nod to a character in the third series, which I thought Oeming wasn't going to bother recognizing. There was a lot for Alpha fans, though I hope it wasn't so much that it turns non-Alpha fans off. I can't wait for the second issue...and the third...and the fourth. Great job, creative team! I wasn't disappointed.
    I went back and just scanned the art a little better and there's a real attention to detail there. You can see "Yours to discover" on an Ontario plate, for instance. Nice little touches.

And that totem pole behind the Shaman statue is awesome.
    "We won't be calling it Alpha Flight. This is a new era, a new team, a new name is called for..."

Any think Sasquatch might go Tanaraq out? as his soul is weak and his body is in pain and those are what is required to give our good old Sasquatch a power boost. Also from the interview with Scott Kolins seems like the Wrecking Crew is going to die.

i was afraid that by the end of the issue walt was gonna die, they were laying it on him pretty good.

sets up a nice save from you know who.

Talisman will most likely save him, or he may indeed go Tanaraq as the Crew might get killed

"SCOTT: I love the Wrecking Crew as they're just a bunch of thugs wanting to be rich and party all the time. It's the 80s brought to horrific Marvel proportions. I hope they come back. I mean after they're ki - ooops. Ahem. I guess we'll have to wait and see."

http://www.alphaflight.net/interview...interview1.php

Quote Originally Posted by Ottawa Renegade
    Quote Originally Posted by SmurfInABlender
    When Sasquatch flips while fighting the Wrecking Crew. That explosion is Alpha getting iced.
    Ahh, didn't pay attention there.. I see now, I jsut thought that was the crew getting thrown around, now it makes sense