Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: omega flight #1: "I got it!" thread! (SPOILERS)

sigh...

I have to wait for mine to be mailed to me.
    should be here in about 3 to 4 weeks. (no, seriously!)
    sigh...
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

It was sold out at my local comic shop too but the guy working there said that people gobbled it up because it had 'The Initiative' banner across the top.

I just picked up Omega Flight #1 and honestly, it was great. Very well written, great characters. Can't wait to see number 2. I've signed up for pre-orders with my local comic shop and I am planning on writing to Marvel (snail mail) to let them know how much I appreciated them reviving this team.

Fantastic issue! I can see how the pace can be seen as a little slow for a mini, but it was already written before Oeming was told to make it mini.

Great characterization, great lead in to the series.

As a side note, my local shop sold out in a couple hours. He tried to order more, even did so several days ago, but was told they were backordered. I'm thinking we might see a second print.

Ben

As a side note, my local shop sold out in a couple hours. He tried to order more, even did so several days ago, but was told they were backordered. I'm thinking we might see a second print.

Ben
    We might see a third print, before i get to see the first! Groan...[*whine, whimper, complain*]
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

I didn't check to see if I am reposting this but at http://www.marvel.com/digitalcomics/
    AF #1 is up
    Rockin' Roll Martian!!!

Quote Originally Posted by batman_von_gein
    i got it and it looks awesome. i can't wait to read it tonite!!!!!!
    Got it and read it.

Are we...huh...allowed to talk about it here?

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    Double post,

reading replies at other boards and they felt it was very slow and turned off by it.
    I'm not really sure what could have been taken out. I assume MAO felt he had to write it withthe assumption that some of these characters are not at all known. So the background peice on Talisman/Shaman made sense.

I might have liked to see a page "previewing" the coming of Beta Ray Bill, if that was possible. I suppose I might have removed the scene at the border for that, but I mean...whatever. That's nit-picking.

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07
    sigh...

I have to wait for mine to be mailed to me.
    should be here in about 3 to 4 weeks. (no, seriously!)
    sigh...
    What? How come? Is there no comic book shop in Vernon?

Quote Originally Posted by mreeez
    It was sold out at my local comic shop too but the guy working there said that people gobbled it up because it had 'The Initiative' banner across the top.
    Whatever works.

The store I went to (Comic Book Shop, Bank Street) had a few left, but it looked to be moving pretty fast. The guy in front of me at the cash was buying one, I noticed.

Spoiler warning in title, go ahead and discuss.

Ben

It's sitting here next to me. I liked it.

Let me add that I am really really impressed with the art. It's the best I've seen Sasquatch in years, hell the 80's.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    Fantastic issue! I can see how the pace can be seen as a little slow for a mini, but it was already written before Oeming was told to make it mini.

Great characterization, great lead in to the series.

Ben
    Yeah, I'm very pleased with it too.

I thought the dialogue was strong and the level of research very obvious (including the bit about one member from V3). Characterization was terrific, particularly in the members' reluctance to get into this game again.

The only slight criticism I have is that I found parts of the art unclear during the fight against the Wrecking Crew. But it didn't lack intensity, that's for sure. it wouldn't surprise me if #2 was wall-to-wall action.

Question: It appears as though what we thought was Walt's apartment is actualy CSIS HQ? Was it just a fluke that it looked so much like Walt's place?

Quote Originally Posted by PWalk
    It's sitting here next to me. I liked it.

Let me add that I am really really impressed with the art. It's the best I've seen Sasquatch in years, hell the 80's.
    I thought he looked very Byrne-ish in the scene where he goes to see Talisman.

Something that I always look for in an artist is his or her ability with facial expressions. Lots of good stuff there with Mr K.
    "We won't be calling it Alpha Flight. This is a new era, a new team, a new name is called for..."

Got it! Loved it!

I bought the last 2 copies at my local dealer. He said they'd be reordering, since it sold out by 5pm and he was sure folks would come looking for it.

Can't wait to see where it goes from here. Great work Oeming, Kolins, & Reber! Nice tips to the past (long and recent). I also particularly liked the panel showing a little more insight into the NA#16 battle. I still want more of that battle, but it's a start.

Loved the characterization and the somewhat anti-American slant to the dialogue. I'm not Canadian, but I'd imagine that makes it feel a lot more like home to those of you north of the border.

I think this thing will be an ongoing in short order. I just hope when it does Oeming, Kolins, and Reber are still our creative team.

I won't lie, I'd have liked to have seen the whole team by the end of the book, but I'm still hooked.
    "Well, the only person talking about love today is the preacher. And it seems noboday gets just all the learning but the teacher."

The Temptations "Ball of Confusion"