Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alpha/Omega Flight In The Toronto Star

Default Alpha/Omega Flight In The Toronto Star

My buddy brought in Saturday's Star to work and what is in the Arts & Entertainment section? An article on Alpha/Omega Flight. (But I guess you figured that out from the post title, eh?) Ben is quoted heavily and both alphaflight.net and the Fight For The Flight are mentioned.

Some spoilers include: Talisman is in touch with the spirit of Shaman (yup, it looks like Michael is dead folks), and Michael Pointer's background is being revised to make him Canadian.

Although there is a thread of negativity running through the article, it is, overall, hopeful, gives Mike O. kudos, and promotes the new series as something to look forward to. All in all a good read.

Because I can

http://www.thestar.com/article/197499

Nice article BTW. Good work Ben.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Right on, it came out quite well. Longer than I expected actually.

Ben

as a side note, I wasn't really sure what angle the article was taking, I just talked about stuff on the phone with the guy for half an hour 'till he had enough stuff to quote me on

Ben

I read it as more positive than negative. It draws in readers, doesn't it? Plus, since when as AF ever gotten such notice? National Post, Toronto Star, As It Happens, various internet sites that don't cover comics....
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

If anyone in Toronto can get a copy of this paper for me, that would be awesome!

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    If anyone in Toronto can get a copy of this paper for me, that would be awesome!

Ben
    The Indigo in Charlottetown probably has the Toronto Star on sale Ben, my Chapters in Dartmouth has it. (Though no copies of yesterdays...) I know Chapters and Indigo have different formats, but on the whole its the same store.

I'll check the Chapters here in Moncton Ben. I'm heading over to Charlottetown on Easter weekend, so if I find it I can drop it off.

Good read. Would love to know where he got the tidbit about Talisman and Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben

Ben
    Not to worry Ben, I kept the article.

PM me your address and I'll mail it to you.

Quote Originally Posted by PWalk
    Good read. Would love to know where he got the tidbit about Talisman and Shaman.
    I'd imagine Ben and his insider info

Very nice. It'd be cool if it got picked up across other news papers too.

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default Good article. Congratulations, Ben.

I'm impressed at the no-nonsense reporting in this article and the (p)review over on Newsarama. No hype, objectivity and balance, so(m)ber facts.

Come on, Omega Flight. Let's do this.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

I'm impressed at the sheer size of the article and the fact that they even included a nice sized picture.. I htought it woudl be a small blip i the paper but its a nice chunk.. which is very promising in my mind.

That's a neat article, although I wish it came across more positive. Doesn't exactly scream "Run to your comic shops and grab a copy", but it atleast has people talking. Doesn't help that the title is "Flight Aborted?". This Flight is just taking off. (pun intended)