Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alpha/Omega Flight In The Toronto Star

It's funny how they said that the Canadian people are very concerned about the fact that they want their characters to be Canadian. Well, it's true, but I don't mind if the character was born in Africa or in Nova Scotia, as long as he or she looks cool to me. After all, you can be Canadian and not born in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by SmurfInABlender
    I'm impressed at the sheer size of the article and the fact that they even included a nice sized picture.. I htought it woudl be a small blip i the paper but its a nice chunk.. which is very promising in my mind.
    I'm impressed too at the coverage it's receiving. Like I posted in my first thread here, the Omega Flight article in the Ottawa Citizen had a full front front page spread in the City section as well as having both the issue #1 cover and a 5"x7" picture of the Silvestri image featured.

Quote Originally Posted by Reber
    That's a neat article, although I wish it came across more positive. Doesn't exactly scream "Run to your comic shops and grab a copy", but it atleast has people talking. Doesn't help that the title is "Flight Aborted?". This Flight is just taking off. (pun intended)
    Well, given the "turned from ongoing into a limited before launching" treatment, you have to expect some uncertainty.

I think the article did a good job of portraying the situation and fan reaction in a non-biased manner. Its not the media's job to cheer lead for the comic. Its the creator's job to make a comic so awesome, it can't get a bad review.

Quote Originally Posted by Silex
    Quote Originally Posted by SmurfInABlender
    I'm impressed at the sheer size of the article and the fact that they even included a nice sized picture.. I htought it woudl be a small blip i the paper but its a nice chunk.. which is very promising in my mind.
    I'm impressed too at the coverage it's receiving. Like I posted in my first thread here, the Omega Flight article in the Ottawa Citizen had a full front front page spread in the City section as well as having both the issue #1 cover and a 5"x7" picture of the Silvestri image featured.
    I don't know I could see it turnign to some peopel who might not ordinarily buy comics picking up a copy just for the sheer fact of seeing how america portreys their neighbors to the north.