Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: omega #1, now with words!

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperstorm
    That's the cover date which is two months after the comic is actually released. Check any of the comics you bought this month and they will most likely say May, 2007 instead of March.
    I know, DC does it as well, just find it funny.

Great opening to Omega Flight! Woo hoo!!
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus
    Any odds of you getting your hands on some higher rez versions of the preview images?
    I'll see what I can do

Ben

"Clone!"
    Loved the classroom scene. It feels like MO put us in the book. I also liked Agent Brown's reply to the PM: "They're Americans, Madame Prime Minister, what do you expect?" I think Mike has the dialogue down, and the humour is there without being over the top. Looks like a nice start. =D>

Edit to add: I like the art myself, Kolins did a great job IMO.

Oh my, that was scrum-diddly-umptious. I just had a nerdgasm.

I read through a few of the comments and there were several people who are now picking up the book because of this preview.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus
    Any odds of you getting your hands on some higher rez versions of the preview images?
    I'll see what I can do

Ben
    Cool.

Also, I see from the Newsarama thread about this that I wasn't the only one who immediately recognized the error in regards to what CSIS stands for.

Edit:Reaction in that thread seems fairly positive, though some people seem to hate Kollins' art for reasons I can't fathom.

Here's hoping there aren't any shipping delays

*crosses fingers*

The kids at the school were great. Best preview I've read this year.

I liked the preview...very nice. The art is fine and I loved the Canadians bad-mouthing Americans...I found it rather amusing.

I'm looking forward to this more than ever...I just wish it was a maxi (12 issues or so), instead of a mini.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by birdygirl
    Well, it looks promising. And, like other AF fans, I'd like to see more of the "old guard" come back, (Northstar, Aurora, Snowbird, etc.). I'm getting more and excited about this book.
    Don't forget Marrina! I really hope if given the chance as an ongoing that the creative team doesn't forget Marrina...

anyone notice that the jets on page 7 are CF-18s (the backbone of the Canadian air force)? Very nice touch. Someone did their homework.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahab
    Don't forget Marrina! I really hope if given the chance as an ongoing that the creative team doesn't forget Marrina...
    Someone asked Oeming (maybe on this board) if he planned on resolving the Marrina issue and he responded, saying how it was planned and if the book is picked up past the first story ark, he can see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Primate
    anyone notice that the jets on page 7 are CF-18s (the backbone of the Canadian air force)? Very nice touch. Someone did their homework.
    How can you say that?!!! Omeing refers CSIS as Canadian Secret Intelligence Service, the border guards are armed and our great PM, Stephen Harper is a WOMAN!!!

Damn you, Oeming! You know NOTHING!!!

Sorry, just venting off some steam due to some blatant prejudice I've been seeing going around.

Still can't wait till next week, overall reaction has been great and I'm feeling more confident than ever that this should eventually turn into an ongoing series.

Quote Originally Posted by Silex
    How can you say that?!!! Omeing refers CSIS as Canadian Secret Intelligence Service, the border guards are armed and our great PM, Stephen Harper is a WOMAN!!!

Sorry, just venting off some steam due to some blatant prejudice I've been seeing going around.

Still can't wait till next week, overall reaction has been great and I'm feeling more confident than ever that this should eventually turn into an ongoing series.
    What do you mean, "how can I say that," I'm not commenting on any of the other issues, I'm commenting on this issue. It was nice to see that they did their research and depicted jets that were correct for the setting.

I don't think that we should take it so damn seriously that CSIS was used incorrectly - I'm chalking it up to an honest mistake. As for the border guards...don't you think that if U.S. villains were streaming across the border that the border guards would get armed? Or maybe special RCMP detachments were placed at the border posts, and they are the ones that were armed. As for the female PM...I never liked the guy anyway, so this is a welcome change!

Quote Originally Posted by Silex

What do you mean, "how can I say that," I'm not commenting on any of the other issues, I'm commenting on this issue. It was nice to see that they did their research and depicted jets that were correct for the setting.

I don't think that we should take it so damn seriously that CSIS was used incorrectly - I'm chalking it up to an honest mistake. As for the border guards...don't you think that if U.S. villains were streaming across the border that the border guards would get armed? Or maybe special RCMP detachments were placed at the border posts, and they are the ones that were armed. As for the female PM...I never liked the guy anyway, so this is a welcome change!

Sorry, I guess the irony in my post didn't come out the way I wanted it to. I'm in no way complaining about those discrepancies. In fact, I was satirizing those who did complained about it. Fact is, Oeming did a bang up job from what I'm seeing from the Preview.

The funny thing about the CSIS bit is that I know alot of fellow Canadians who also thought that the first "S" stood for Secret, until I corrected them.

And if they want to make the PM female, more power to them. I would not blame Oeming one bit for staying away from the current political landscape in Canada, it gives even me a headache. The "Great PM Stephen Harper" comment was meant to be sarcastic.