Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: omega #1, now with words!

Default omega #1, now with words!

i know i'm biased, but i am not kidding, these pages look awesome.

http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/A...ews/omega.html

Agreed. Nice dialouge too. For all my criticism of some of the decisions that have been made, the art has always looked great.

dialog is pretty good - I'm pleased to see that. Unfortunately, I'm really starting to lean to the "I don't like the art" side of things. The penciling looks sloppy. Don't get me wrong, Kollins is a talented guy. I just don't dig his art too much. However, doesn't mean I aint gonna do my part and buy buy buy.

If it gets picked up as an ongoing, I hope they switch artists - I'd like to see Steve McNiven or Stuart Immomen...both of who are Canucks.

Nice stuff. Interesting to see that Walt was first asked to lead the team. Can't wait for the whole thing.

Ben

Well, anyone who was worried that Omega Flight was some kind of U.S.-built team can rest assured, Canada essentially demanded the Americans be involved since it's their super-villains who are crossing the border at the 47th parallel.

It looks great. Many references to original Alpha Flight (the statues, the coin, the comic,the magazine...). I can't wait to have it in my hands. Good job Mr.Oeming and Mr.Kollins!!! I hope it becomes and ongoing. And I'd also love to see some of the living former AF members (Northstar,Aurora,Snowbird...). Will there be time for that?

Again keeping things vague, they as who is 'active' as opposed to who is alive.

Love it. I can't wait another week!

Well, it looks promising. And, like other AF fans, I'd like to see more of the "old guard" come back, (Northstar, Aurora, Snowbird, etc.). I'm getting more and excited about this book.

i just re-re-re-re-read it, and noticed when he was walking out the classroom one of the kids called him a clone.

that made me giggle.

Hawkeye Mungi noticed the release month at the bottom of the 1st page was June, yet it's coming out next week. Dun dun dunnn.

Haha, I laughed pretty hard when they asked him if he fought in the clone wars. I also feel like I'm one of those kids in the classroom, desperately wishing he'd answer my questions about the Flight. Course I don't hold to this whole "Pluto not a planet" notion.

I'm liking that Talisman is already busy doing some work off-panel, as I've always hated the notion that teams come together to start doing work for the first time, rather than already functioning heroes come together to make a more unified effort. I'm wishing he was doing the same, but I can understand that with all the stress of his life he might really need a break... but hes also always been ready to help when the evil comes back, and it certainly seems to be back now.

So am I reading it right that the first villains of this arc seem to be the wrecking crew? It certainly seemed implied there, but I was pretty sure that they had tangled once before, did they not? Hmm... I'll have to look around to make sure I'm not just mixing things in my head.

Also nice to know that Canadian border security can handle themselves well enough. And I do like that this is Canada's demand, though I don't like the "They are Americans after all, bit, it already feels like too much, and not really something a PM would say, even in closed conference. I'm also not too happy about the "First and only line of defense" thing because it makes Canada look helpless and heroless, however its also a good thing to hear because really, the first and only lines of defenses are the ones that never really get taken out. I mean, they can't wipe out the team, because then... I don't know what could happen, but it just doesn't seem possible. I actually thought from the first issue of AF vol 1 that was actually going to be the almost immediate case, with Alpha being lined up and then Beta being activated or something like that... which sort of did end up being the case I suppose.
    The ability to defy death can be achieved...
    It is a state acquired through compassion not greed...

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    Nice stuff. Interesting to see that Walt was first asked to lead the team. Can't wait for the whole thing.

Ben
    Any odds of you getting your hands on some higher rez versions of the preview images?

Also, is it just me, or does it look like Kim Campbell is still PM on 616 Earth?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaman Of The Whills
    So am I reading it right that the first villains of this arc seem to be the wrecking crew? It certainly seemed implied there, but I was pretty sure that they had tangled once before, did they not? Hmm... I'll have to look around to make sure I'm not just mixing things in my head.
    Yes it's them and Sasquatch fights them solo, actually ko'es Wrecker and Thunderball with one hit each. Also yeah, they did fight way back in Alpha Flight vol.1

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    Hawkeye Mungi noticed the release month at the bottom of the 1st page was June, yet it's coming out next week. Dun dun dunnn.
    That's the cover date which is two months after the comic is actually released. Check any of the comics you bought this month and they will most likely say May, 2007 instead of March.