Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: omega #1, now with words!

Lion-O's 2nd Cousin Alpha Flight

Well, it's looking pretty snazzy isn't it folks? I just want to know who's the bastard who ran into the statues. You can tell Mike is a fan of the Byrne era since those were the characters the statues depicted.

I am REALLY curious on how Beta Ray Bill is going to join. He'll definitly come out of left field. And I really want to see the twins back. The X-Men Annual just wheted my appetite.

P.S. That nova preview was nice looking as well, wouldn't you say?

P.P.S. Over at Newsarama Matt Brady the admin (Also an Alpha Flight fan) gave a positive (spoiler free) early review of #1.
    The world is NOT getting more Alpha Flight! Tweet me you twits! @DaVeO52

Well, I was onboard for this book a while ago...

So I'm about out of "I am soooo gonna buy this" steam.

That said-

Holy cow.
    "Was it Guardian or Vindicator? I get confused?"

Those kids in the classroom would have sealed the deal

And I really like the kind of bland way in which the high-ups discuss things. Very military speak-ish.

Not, "which of our noble and stalwart heroes survived the horrible tragedy," or "send out the call, Canada has need of her native sons and daughters," it's "So, who's active?"
    "You cannot win, mailman Mike. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

I got it, Silex, and I'm not one to get it all the time

Looks great, and the storytelling looks great too, nice to see attitude being done well. This could be just what Flight fans really want. One week to go, finally!
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Actually Captain Primate the backbone of the Airforce are the C 130 Hercules Aircraft.
    As far as border guards being armed and not in real life, well be don't have a Dept H in real life either. I believe they are in talks to getting armed (if not already).
    The PM being a woman well I don't consider an issue as the President of the US in the comics hasn't always been the factual president in real life.

The writting seems good as well as the visuals. I've pre-ordered mine.

Given the supervillain exodus, it's a good bet the border guards would GET armed. In a hurry.

Or for that matter, just borrow some of the vast arsenal of weaponry their U.S. counterparts tote.

Now I'm off to stifle some bad memories of crossing the border into North Dakota....
    "You cannot win, mailman Mike. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

FIVE FOR FRIDAY... FIVE REASONS YOU NEED TO READ 'OMEGA FLIGHT'

Wizard gives you five reasons you don't need to cross the border to have some Canadian-style fun

The Great White North heats up like the tropics starting in April when writer Michael Avon Oeming (Cross Bronx) and artist Scott Kolins (Beyond) team up for the five-issue mini-series Omega Flight, a remix edition of Canada’s premier superteam, Alpha Flight. To get you hosers ready for this Canuckleheaded excursion over the border, here are five reasons you should book a trip on Omega Flight!

1. AVON CALLING!

He probably never gets sick of hearing that, but Oeming’s been proving his writing chops are as strong as his pencil work. Check out his recent turns penning the hard-hitting crime thriller Cross Bronx and the mythically inspired adventure of Ares for proof that Oeming’s mastered the keyboard as well as the pen and ink. Look for Oeming to take all the disparate elements of this quirky Omega Flight project and concoct a satisfying stew of comic book awesome-ness!

2. GREAT SCOTT!

Not to be outdone, Kolins continues to wow with his intricate pencils and knack for insane action sequences. Kolins was a big part of what made Geoff Johns’ run on Flash so great back in the day, and since he’s been at the House of Ideas, he’s only honed and refined his eye-catching style. Expect Omega Flight to overflow with destructive superhero action sequences—a Kolins specialty.

3. TWO GREAT TASTES, ETC., ETC.

This is not the first collaboration between Oeming and Kolins; they teamed up once before in 2006 for Thor: Blood Oath, a powerful six-issue mini that featured Thor and the Warriors Three undertaking an epic journey to battle barbarians, gods and monsters to prove their innocence against a murder accusation. Past returns don’t guarantee future gains, but that critically received superhero gem sets the stage for more costumed greatness once Omega Flight takes off.

4. THE UNUSUAL SUSPECTS

Ever been to one of those parties where nobody knows each other, but it turns out to be the most riotous get-together of the century? We’re betting that with an eclectic lineup of USAgent, Arachne (the former Spider-Woman, Julia Carpenter), Beta Ray Bill, Sasquatch, Talisman and the new Guardian, Omega Flight’s gonna boast more combustibility than a lake of nitroglycerin.

5. GET WRECKED!

We don’t mean pound a sixer of Molson Golden before you read Omega Flight (unless you’re of age). Instead, get ready for non-stop balls-out action when Omega Flight goes up against the earth-shattering might of the Wrecking Crew, four superpowered bruisers looking to turn Canada into a war zone—just for kicks! Beauty, eh?

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazi.../004069139.cfm

Any positive buzz is good positive buzz.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoobie Newbie
    Actually Captain Primate the backbone of the Airforce are the C 130 Hercules Aircraft.
    As far as border guards being armed and not in real life, well be don't have a Dept H in real life either. I believe they are in talks to getting armed (if not already).
    The PM being a woman well I don't consider an issue as the President of the US in the comics hasn't always been the factual president in real life.

The writting seems good as well as the visuals. I've pre-ordered mine.
    oh...the backbone of the combat portion of the CDN Air Force...sigh.

I still think it will be an ongoing. Like WCA way back when. It looks and 'sounds' great and has respect for AF.

Fair Play to Oeming and Collins.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

First, CSN's Spring Preview:

Michael Avon Oeming & Scott Kolins introduce Canada's newest super-team in Omega Flight, a five-part limited series. Don't think of this as Alpha Flight, though... there's a big difference... (Apr-May)

Second,
    I've always said I'd read it before casting judgement.
    I've now begun reading it, and will begin casting judgement:

Me likey!
    What I've seen, I really, really like. Much better than I thought it'd be.

- Le Messor
    "Do SLOW CHILDREN AT PLAY grow up to become SLOW MEN AT WORK?"