Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Alpha Flight Classic/Omega Flight Release Date

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    Really?...I didn't know that... Was I speaking some unknown language? I said...."The next time I read them, I'll be getting my original comics out." I'm not demanding that anybody else do the same...I simply didn't like the way the art turned out in this reprinting process...So sue me....Cripes!
    Just saying, if you had the original issues, you mean to tell me you didn't even flip through the reprint when you bought it?

Darn straight it is...Did I say somewhere it wasn't?
    You certainly didn't seem happy with it. All gripe, no praise, sounds like you saw nothing of merit to the reprint.

Which is the impression one gets reading a post like that.
    "You cannot win, mailman Mike. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

Quote Originally Posted by Transmetropolitan
    You certainly didn't seem happy with it. All gripe, no praise, sounds like you saw nothing of merit to the reprint.

Which is the impression one gets reading a post like that.
    Somebody complaining about somebody complaining...that's fairly common on the internet.

Instead of just saying to yourself "Gee...He really doesn't like the reprinting process of this TPB." You had to call me out...Good for you, Trans.

I am glad Marvel released this TPB and as you pointed out...It is good exposure for AF...Happy?

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Somebody complaining about somebody complaining...that's fairly common on the internet.
    Oo, did I touch a nerve there?

I am glad Marvel released this TPB and as you pointed out...It is good exposure for AF...
    How very nice of you to say so.

Happy?
    Are you?
    "You cannot win, mailman Mike. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

Oo, did I touch a nerve there?
    Uh...no, just making a statement. Apparently I jumped on one of your nerves, though...Didn't intend to.

I am glad Marvel released this TPB and as you pointed out...It is good exposure for AF...
    [How very nice of you to say so.
    Happy?
    [Are you?
    With Joe Quesada and most of Marvel's policies and crap books, Alpha Flight's current "dead" status, most of the Omega Flight line-up...No.

I am happy that Omega seems to be well-written, has great art and is paying great respects to what came before it.

Dana

Play nicely or don't play at all you two...

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    Play nicely or don't play at all you two...
    Hey...I'm totally playing nice.

Dana :P

Ditto, I'm sure.

/Dad mode on
    Don't make me turn this internet around you two!
    /Dad mode off

So, has anyone heard how sales where on the first TPB? I would really love to see more. I am building up a bit of a collection of trades now and would love to have more Alpha.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I got the TPB in my last lot...

First, I noticed a large '1' on the spine... Does that imply a '2' somewhere down the line?
    How would they divide them up? They did the first 8 Byrne in one, and now there's 20 left. 9 & 9? Up to 17, then to 28? Or would they put 29 in as well? (Yay, complete story. Gah, Mantlo.)

I grabbed my (now) three copies of #8, and did a direct comparison for colour.
    I like the trade the best. The original is faded and badly printed, and has the newsprint dots.
    The Australian edition does a lot to clear up both problems.
    The trade finishes the clearing up. The people look a bit pale, but the colouring is clear and shows none of the dottiness of the originals.

- Le Messor
    "Now, Bender, there's no such thing as 2."
    - Fry