Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alpha Flight Classic/Omega Flight Release Date

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    As for OF #1, not picking up until tomorrow. Hopefully someone will take it upon themselves to post a review in the reviews section. I've read others, but it'd be good to get a view from someone here.
    I thought about doing one last week when I got my advance copy but didn't wanna get moaned at again...

Phil, how can you expect us to do anything about the bullying in the Forum playground, if you don't tell us you are getting teased ?
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default More opinionatin'

I picked up the AF classic, and I'm pleased to have the first eight issues in one book. However, since there were a number of pages with just the maple leaf on it, would it have been so bad to include the one-page John Byrne summary from V1#1? That summed up AF's early (and non-comics) history succinctly.

If another print, please include a few more pieces so there aren't as many blank pages, please.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I like Garry's idea; and he did a few team shots that weren't in the main book. They'd also make great page fillers.

I didn't even know Omega was out... Yowch!

As to why buy the trade when I've got the 'riginals?
    I don't know, but I'm gonna.
    I like the format.

I've been reading Heroes online, and I have to either spend half my time scrolling across and down to see anything, or zoom out so far I can't read the words. So, no to digital comics. For me.

- Le Messor
    Xander: Do we hug?
    Oz: I think we're too manly.

I understand what you mean Le Messor. I avoid that and download the printable version. That way I can read them on my computer and size the page perfectly. I tried the "interactive" version and it just aggravated me.

Back on topic, I ordered my Alpha Classics with volume two of the Star Wars 30th anniversary collection yesterday. I have never used instocktrades.com before so I hope they do me right.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    I've been reading Heroes online, and I have to either spend half my time scrolling across and down to see anything, or zoom out so far I can't read the words. So, no to digital comics. For me.
    That's why I love Jason Badower's ones (he's only done two so far, but I luff him anyway), he spaces them out nicely horizontally so they're much easier to read in pdf. If only the rest of those Aspen guys would pick up on it.

Images

I put my copy aside at the local. I thought the cover was a bit off... More like the bad commissions Byrne did (not the good ones) than classic Byrne.

I'm gonna have to look up the Jason Badower / printable versions of Heroes. (I haven't been updating my reading much.)

- LM
    "A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking."

The cover of Alpha Flight Classic was a bit off, as was a lot of the art inside.

I don't know what process they used to reprint these stories, but the art came out muddied and the colors were eye-bleedingly bright (what was with that?). The original AF art looks so much better compared to this trade.

I'm almost regretting that I bought it, but it was nice to just read those stories again...The next time I read them, I'll be getting my original comics out.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Glad I didn't buy it!

Right...At that cover price, it's a good purchase to avoid. Now I'm really regretting that I bought it.

Dana :P

I like my originials, only think i have problems with is my issue #1 isn't the bets quality. other then that its all fine for me.

Images

My Omega #1 isn't the best quality, either... The middle pages fall out.

I've got an Australian edition that's got the main stories from #s 8 & 9 (Nemesis' first appearance, Sas in the Arctic, ends on the Super Skrull) and the colour reproduction in them is amazing. As good as the #10 in the Legends action figure pack. They just leave the original run behind.
    (I store my original run copies where the origin stories belong, the later reprints where the main ones belong. Am I making sense, or should I be shot? Can it be both? )

- Le Messor
    "Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy."

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    Right...At that cover price, it's a good purchase to avoid. Now I'm really regretting that I bought it.

Dana :P
    Really, wow, I better go back and look at mine again. I thumbed through it when it came in but I didn't sit down and give it a good once over.

On a side note, I went to www.instocktrades.com to get mine. They offer a decent discount on all their stuff. I got the Alpha trade and the new Star Wars 30th Anniversary hardcover for about $35(US), that includes shipping. The Star Wars trade is marked as $25 by itself from "normal" shops.

The next time I read them, I'll be getting my original comics out.
    You do realize that not everyone has that option, right?

Just saying.

You can tout the original printings all you like, but they aren;t exactly something that everyone has. This is better exposure for AF than anything Marvel has done in ages.

And it's the best way I can think of to get new readers interested in the classic team.

Which cannot be bad, no matter how you slice it.

(And the one issue I DO have, featurng Snowbird vs. Kolomaq, doesn't look that different, in my opinion. No, not the pure-white battle scene)
    "You cannot win, mailman Mike. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

The next time I read them, I'll be getting my original comics out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Transmetropolitan
    You do realize that not everyone has that option, right?
    Really?...I didn't know that... Was I speaking some unknown language? I said...."The next time I read them, I'll be getting my original comics out." I'm not demanding that anybody else do the same...I simply didn't like the way the art turned out in this reprinting process...So sue me....Cripes!

Just saying.

You can tout the original printings all you like, but they aren;t exactly something that everyone has.
    Really?...Oh nevermind...Sigh...

This is better exposure for AF than anything Marvel has done in ages.
    Darn straight it is...Did I say somewhere it wasn't?

And it's the best way I can think of to get new readers interested in the classic team.

Which cannot be bad, no matter how you slice it.

(And the one issue I DO have, featurng Snowbird vs. Kolomaq, doesn't look that different, in my opinion. No, not the pure-white battle scene)
    Sure, it's great exposure and sure it's a good way to get new readers of AF, but I simply commented on the process used to reprint these comics and how badly it looks (IMO)...

Dana