Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alpha Flight Classic/Omega Flight Release Date

I checked the new release list at mycomicshop.com and they do have Classic AF listed. Now I need this and the new Star Wars hardcover!

A comic shop I frequent in Brooklyn had the Alpha Flight Essentials book. It's $24.99 for issues 1-8 and unlike many other Essentials, it's in COLOR! Nice!

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

yup - I picked mine up today as well. Nice quality. All color...coated paper. well worth the 25 bucks.

I don't see a point in buyign it when you have the originals.. though my originals came from ebay and arn't the best quality.. plus it is easier to grab the book to read them but heh who knows.. maybe when i get back home for the summer and get a solid paycheck with the internship at my church i'll fork out that much money

Quote Originally Posted by rplass
    A comic shop I frequent in Brooklyn had the Alpha Flight Essentials book. It's $24.99 for issues 1-8 and unlike many other Essentials, it's in COLOR! Nice!

Love,
    rplass
    That would be Alpha Flight Classic (just like the recent Champions Classic), rplass....Not Essential Alpha Flight. Essential would probably be issues #1-24 and be in black in white.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Are you saying that Alpha Flight is not Essential?

Harrumph!

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

LOL...No way, man...The original Alpha Flight is very Essential. Everyone should read it. Some of John Byrne's greatest work is in there...Truly great comics.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by SmurfInABlender
    I don't see a point in buyign it when you have the originals..
    Therein lies the rub my good smurf. I sold off my entire collection of comics about seven years ago. Now that I am in a position to get comics again I want to own a full Alpha collection again. That being said, we have no room in our small house for a bunch of long boxes filled with comics. Trades like this are a perfect solution for people like me. Personally, I can't wait for digital comics to become legit. While it is not my preferred method of reading at the moment, they take up no physical space.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Toxie
    Quote Originally Posted by SmurfInABlender
    I don't see a point in buyign it when you have the originals..
    Therein lies the rub my good smurf. I sold off my entire collection of comics about seven years ago. Now that I am in a position to get comics again I want to own a full Alpha collection again. That being said, we have no room in our small house for a bunch of long boxes filled with comics. Trades like this are a perfect solution for people like me. Personally, I can't wait for digital comics to become legit. While it is not my preferred method of reading at the moment, they take up no physical space.
    No offense, but I can't wait for people to stop talking about the promise of digital comics. Reading off of a screen is horrendous. And besides, I still long for the feeling of having the actual paper comic in my hands. That having been said, I think trades are the best way to go for picking up stuff you never bought or you got rid of (and now you regret it). Not only is it nice to have a bunch of books bound together, buts its wonderful to be able to read the stories without adds.

No offense taken at all Cap. Believe me, I know that digital comics aren't for everyone. It's not that big of an issue to me, I honestly don't mind reading comics on my computer, but I am kinda wired like that.

I'm kinda with Captain Primate on this. The idea of downloading a comic like tunes to an Ipod doesn't actually appeal to me. Plus, what you gonna get the writer to sign at conventions?

As for OF #1, not picking up until tomorrow. Hopefully someone will take it upon themselves to post a review in the reviews section. I've read others, but it'd be good to get a view from someone here.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Toxie
    No offense taken at all Cap. Believe me, I know that digital comics aren't for everyone. It's not that big of an issue to me, I honestly don't mind reading comics on my computer, but I am kinda wired like that.
    It would be really nice if someone would come up with a print on demand kind of system. So, you could go to the special Comics kiosk at Chapters, Borders, or Barnes and Noble, browse through the database of all comics, choose which ones you want, and then have them printed out right there. You could even build custom trades by combining several issues and have them bound together.

This isn't that far fetched. Lots of book publishers are working on this kind of things for books right now.

I personally don't give a damn about having originals...I just want to read the stories in the medium in which they were intended to be read.

My god, my god.

AF Classic... sheesh.

In some ways, re-reading that has ripped the scab off of my grief for the team.

But then I think, "Hey, this is awesome..."

Here's hoping others buy the trade and feel the same way.
    "You cannot win, mailman Mike. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

I'm suprised that Omega flight didn't have an add in it for the trade.. I mean after all, soem one new who picked up omega flight might get interested in the history and go pick up the trade and get hooked on the team.

I got mine. 40 friggin' bucks, but it was worth it!