Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CW: Battle Damage Report (SPOILERS)

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead
    Well... I guess it's nice that the "evil" and "currupt" Canadian gov. of the Marvel Universe is fading away. Though, if we could fund the Weapon X program, I think we could put together some hero's of our own and take charge of it. Oh well, I'm sure there will be a power struggle in the series between the two Nations. That conflict is something I'd love to read aboot, eh?... sorry.
    The Weapon X Program was a joint U.S./Canadian project.

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    Canada
    Mentions S.H.I.E.L.D worked with C.S.I.S to form Omega Flight
    1. http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t...geReport06.jpg
    2. http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t...geReport07.jpg

Omega Flight
    "...The Collective in North Pole, Alaska and proceeded to rampage through the Canadian tundra, many of Alpha Flight's members attempted to confront him..few survived. That's a pretty good indication there was indeed more than Sasquatch who survived.
    1. http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t...geReport40.jpg
    It's looking more and more like Marvel is trying to leave the door open a crack as to who survived the Collective's assault. Perhaps Quesada and co. have noticed that many AF fans were really, really pissed about the death-toll and now they're back-pedaling abit...And rather than lose potential Omega-buyers, maybe they decided it was better to be vague about who actually died.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

While I become as frustrated as the next fan with silly retcons and such, there is also always the wonderful possibility of those. "Oh, did we say Puck died? We meant Puck II... did we say Guardian died? Who can even keep track of which one that was anyways..." This of course is mostly just a little joke in my mind, but... I'd rather clutch at a false hope than drown in reality.

Am I (and already I'm guessing I'm not) the only one who finds some of the writing about Canada in the BDR very condescending? I get that real military documents are probably pretty ruthlessly honest and unapologetic, but this is a comic book sum-up of the situation... they could be a little less... vile in their choice of words at least. I just think its a bit rude.

EDIT: Now getting to actually read the rest, not even just Canada. Its very anti-international.
    The ability to defy death can be achieved...
    It is a state acquired through compassion not greed...

Thanks for the scans KM. They made a small errror in regards to CSIS, it stands for Canadian Security Intelligence Service, not Canadian Secret Intelligence Service. Not a huge deal, but something that editing should have caught, since ten seconds with Wikipedia will get the correct details.