Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CW: Battle Damage Report (SPOILERS)

Default CW: Battle Damage Report (SPOILERS)

Featured are Big Hero 6, Omega Flight, US Agent, and Arachne.

Interesting notes are:

• Sasquatch listed as a team member
      Sasquatch referred to "One of the FEW survivors of the original Alpha Flight"
      Michael Pointer referred to as Guardian, attempting to attone for his sins
      S.H.I.E.L.D and the US governemt organized Omega Flight to protect the borders
      The team is managed by C.S.I.S agent Jeff Brown
      US Agent is the United States Liason

Oh cool so the Canadian government had nothing to do with Omega Flight...wait what?

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    Oh cool so the Canadian government had nothing to do with Omega Flight...wait what?
    I'd say that's jumping to conclusions. Though Shied and the US set Omega up, it is managed by C.S.I.S.

Ben

Still, why would they need to form Omega Flight? The government has the experience forming these sort of teams so errr?

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    Still, why would they need to form Omega Flight? The government has the experience forming these sort of teams so errr?
    As a part of the initiative, to catch "draft dodgers" presumably.

Ben

So the Canadian government couldn't do it themselves? that's what I don't get. I'm sure there is more to this then we know yet

Time will tell, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    Time will tell, eh?
    yeah this doesn't hamper me, as all this discussion is purely speculation till the book comes out.

Default Re: CS: Battle Damage Report (SPOILERS)

S.H.I.E.L.D and the US governemt organized Omega Flight to protect the borders[/list]
    This can only end in tears...

Seriously though, I am still excited for this book. Between Omega and Hulk I am slowly getting pulled back in. Hope my wife doesn't notice.

CSIS, and not Department H? More grounded in reality than the U.S., then.

With the SHIELD involvement you know that Talisman and Sasquatch will seethe if they try and act like NA #16 never happened...
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    CSIS, and not Department H? More grounded in reality than the U.S., then.

With the SHIELD involvement you know that Talisman and Sasquatch will seethe if they try and act like NA #16 never happened...
    I just picked it up and it says that Dept. H was disbanded after the death of Alpha Flight.

Also stated that their headquarters is the C.S.I.S National Headquarters in Ottawa:

Default Re: CW: Battle Damage Report (SPOILERS)

Sasquatch referred to "One of the FEW survivors of the original Alpha Flight"

The pessimist in me thinks that they might just be referring to Birdy and the twins.

The optimist hopes for a broader scope of "original" in this case...
    "You cannot win, mailman Mike. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

I sort of agree, when they say "few survivors of Alpha Flight" it makes me think of Persuasion, Diamond Lil, Box, etc, not the ones in New Avengers #16.

Time will tell...
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Also stated that their headquarters is the C.S.I.S National Headquarters in Ottawa:

That's a pretty cool looking building... and it's right next to the forest like Oeming said he wanted. Perfect!

Yeah because they said "one of the few original" you know they mean the twins and birdy. To say "the only surviving, original member" would be a lie.