Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Omega Flight #3 solicit

I'm glad you guys dig this cover. This one is one of my favorites I've colored. It's the first cover Scott and I did together. The first two in the series are all Scott and he is a great digital painter in his own right. Scott was originally going to color this himself, but got overloaded with another project. I was chomping at the bit to color this one though cause I had this vision for it as soon as I saw the linework.

I've got a larger version on my deviantart site if you are interested. I've got samples from my other projects there too if anyone is curious what else I've worked on.

Quote Originally Posted by Reber
    I'm glad you guys dig this cover. This one is one of my favorites I've colored. It's the first cover Scott and I did together. The first two in the series are all Scott and he is a great digital painter in his own right. Scott was originally going to color this himself, but got overloaded with another project. I was chomping at the bit to color this one though cause I had this vision for it as soon as I saw the linework.

I've got a larger version on my deviantart site if you are interested. I've got samples from my other projects there too if anyone is curious what else I've worked on.
    Very nice work! The sketch is great but the colours really bring the image out. Love the somber red. I'm surprised none of the "can't have an American in the Guardian suit!!!" people didn't mention the red, white and blue colours lol.

HAH! That was not intentional.. well atleast not for that reason. I wanted the red to pop, but I didn't want to follow traditional color theory and use a green backdrop.

Quote Originally Posted by Reber

seriously dude - this is one of the best covers I've seen in a long, long time. I'm so taken by it. The illustration is great...but, frankly, the colours are what make it special. The contrast between the red/white and the blue is stunning.

Well done! And welcome!

Hope you get to do more colouring for Omega Flight, maybe issues 11-25....
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

of all the art that I've seen this far - and this includes the Silvestri reveal panel in CW:I - this is the piece that I would most like to have a big ass glossy poster (with the OF logo) of. I would sooooo stick this on my office door for all of my students and fellow faculty to see.

That cover is FANTASTIC!
    Definitely one of the best covers I have seen in awhile.
    And the colours are amazing!

I just noticed the tear.

Nice job all around. I too would totally rock this on poster form. Much in the way it's now rocking my PC's desktop.

I just faved that cover on your DevArt site. I looked at all of your other stuff and I must say that your stuff is amazing. I'm particularly impressed with the blending jobs you do. How do you do it so good??

I'm thinking that all of the artwork looks really great as well, and I'm hoping the story will match as such... the whole promise of a reveal though seems to be detracting from the story... really, especially if this is correctly mailman Mike, we already know and wouldn't really care about such a reveal... and most of the team wouldn't really care either... I dunno... I just hope that the series carries a solid plot throughout rather than a simple development of characters story (which would be really pointless if it didn't become an ongoing...) I'll buy for this cover though...
    The ability to defy death can be achieved...
    It is a state acquired through compassion not greed...

Quote Originally Posted by Shaman Of The Whills
    I'm thinking that all of the artwork looks really great as well, and I'm hoping the story will match as such... the whole promise of a reveal though seems to be detracting from the story... really, especially if this is correctly mailman Mike, we already know and wouldn't really care about such a reveal... and most of the team wouldn't really care either... I dunno... I just hope that the series carries a solid plot throughout rather than a simple development of characters story (which would be really pointless if it didn't become an ongoing...) I'll buy for this cover though...
    I'm fairly certain Talisman would really care about sharing a team with her father's murderer. Others on the team I don't know if they'd have issue with the mailman, unless they got poor letter service back in the USA. You know it just struck me....Mailman Mike went postal on Alpha Flight didn't he! I can see USAgent making a really distasteful joke along those lines. "Liz, calm down! You don't want him going postal on us, too!" Chuckles to self: "Mailman going postal....that was a good one!"
    "Well, the only person talking about love today is the preacher. And it seems noboday gets just all the learning but the teacher."

The Temptations "Ball of Confusion"

You are forgetting that when Elizabeth Twoyoungsmen wears the Talisman she is void of all emotion... so honestly with the talisman controlling her she acrtually probably wouldn't show much of a difference

Quote Originally Posted by SmurfInABlender
    You are forgetting that when Elizabeth Twoyoungsmen wears the Talisman she is void of all emotion... so honestly with the talisman controlling her she acrtually probably wouldn't show much of a difference
    Uh...I hate to be correcty-correctington, Smurf....But...

In the Byrne run, Elizabeth was shown to have her normal personality and emotional responses after putting on the circlet/tiara (Enjoying her training with Puck and expressing great anger at her father for losing her in the void of his medicine pouch...Saving Snowbird first from Delphine, instead of her)...Even during the Mantlo run, she still harbored rage and resentment for her father (and apparently Snowbird) and was shown to express fear (when Pestilence removed the circlet from her).

I think it was mentioned that the ciclet was changing her personality and making her feel less human (or something like that, IIRC), but I don't recall her becoming void of emotion anywhere in the series. Shaman's personality after donning the circlet seemed to change much faster than Elizabeth's (he did become somewhat Spock-like, again IIRC).

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

I refer specifically to around issues 70-85ish when she came back, esspecially during the sorcerer run she became very droid-esqu... also early on when she first joined the team she started to slowly become less and less "human" which is why originally Shaman tried to get t he circlet away so that his daughter didn't have to be controlled and have her personality ripped from her... originally when the talisman was put on her personality was there it was after time that it drained. That was the Double Edged sword of the Talisman, the gaining of great power for the loss of personality and what roughly makes her human.. she becomes more God and less human in personality.

During most of Vol 1. she was hardly what I'd call void of emotion, though.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!