Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Omega Flight #3 solicit

Default Omega Flight #3 solicit

OMEGA FLIGHT #3 (of 5)
    Written by MICHAEL OEMING
    Pencils and Cover by SCOTT KOLINS
    The new GUARDIAN's stunning introduction! You know you want it.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/J...citations.html

Man, that cover image looks even more stunning in colour...

I am sure this will become an ongoing. This looks stunning.

Incredible cover, so I guess Micheal is going by Guardian then?

Yup, no way Marvel can make the money they want from this title without it being an ongoing.

I figure they know that now, after seeing how much other books are over budget and this one under.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

holy crap - that cover is beautiful...just beautiful. The colouring is absolutely incredible. I have to admit, I was a little disappointed about the covers we've seen thus far. The cover for #1 had good composition, but some of the figures (especially arachne and talisman) really weren't to my liking. The cover for issue 2 is striking...but once again, some figure illustrations were not my cup of tea.

But this cover...wow...its damn near breathtaking.

Not to be melodramatic or anything...but this is seriously like nothing we regularly see in comic covers.

wow...did I say that already? Well, its worth saying again...wow.

Great cover! The art for this series is looking really amazing.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Does anyone else things its weird that they are introducing the "new" guardian more than half way through the series? While I'm of course not privy to the story, seems to be "off-tempo" for an arc that is only 5 issues. You would think that if the series was really only 5 issues that they would introduce him earlier so that you would be useful (in terms of narrative and story arc) though a greater portion of the 5 issues.

Maybe this is just a holdover from the story when it had a far longer arc than just 5 issues. Maybe his reveal so late in the 5 issue arc really means that we are going to see this converted into an ongoing quickly.

Then again, maybe my fanboy addled brain is just desperately grasping at straws in the hope that we are going to see OF as a regular fixture on store shelves.

Err, didn't they introduce him in the Initiative? I mean, we already know who he is. I don't understand the solicit at all. Something that was revealed before the series even started hardly counts as "stunning."

The cover looks great, though I think I actually prefer the black and white version.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus
    Err, didn't they introduce him in the Initiative? I mean, we already know who he is. I don't understand the solicit at all. Something that was revealed before the series even started hardly counts as "stunning."

The cover looks great, though I think I actually prefer the black and white version.
    Maybe this is the issue in which his identity is revealed to the rest of OF.

Hmmm...Could be a reveal to the rest of OF. I suppose he could also be training behind the scenes, then officially joins the team in issue 3?..I dunno.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

He doesn't look happy at all to be in that suit.

Now if I could just get a HQ of that image so that I could have a new desktop.

I'm guessing that originally Guardian was supposed to be someone other than Mailman Mike, but when the delays in CW occured and ongoing was reduced to a limited and CW:The Initiative was added onto the schedule the situation changed and it was written in as him.
    Which would indicate that Guardian remains unmasked in #1-2, and that any dialogue was re-written.
    This would tally with Oeming's original comments that Guardian wouldn't be Mailman Mike.

Probably wrong though, I usually am

I still think that adding such an important character in issue 3 seems seriously out of wack with the tempo of a series that is supposed to only be 5 issues long. Then again, as others have mentioned (including me)...maybe he'll be in all 5 as "guardian," but only be revealed to the rest of the team as mailman mike in issue 3.

I swore that Mike said that they moved up the unveiling to issue two... Any help here Mike?