Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No Omega Flight in World War Hulk

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    Wow...And people call me negative....
    Nobody calls you negative. Why can't you be positive for once?

- Le Messor
    "Disillusionment is a GOOD thing; to be disillusioned is to be enlightened."
    - Mark T. Shirey

Wow, Trans and I musta been writing at the same time, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Silex
    Sorry to nitpick, but I think you're using the term "jobber" incorrectly. When someone is said to be a "jobber", it usually means that they are defeated by another character in the goal of demonstrating of tough that other character is. In other words, in this particular example, Black Bolt is the one jobbing to the Hulk since we need to be shown just how strong the Hulk has become.
    When you say "jobber aura" it tends to mean other people job to them. As even Captain America has a jobber aura about him, doing things he shouldn't people like Namor or Hulk don't fight at what they can do. It's a common saying on other boards.

Wow...And people call me negative....Sheeesh!

Dana
    You're not negative. You're wonderful !
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

I'm glad Omega Flight is not going to be in World War Hulk. I would hate to see Hulk destroy them like he is gonna do to the rest of the Marvel U!

Oh yeah, Black Bolt wouldn't have atomized Hulk with a whisper. If he yelled, sure, but a whisper? No way. Hulk is a lot tougher than that. Remember, the madder he gets the stronger he gets and if you have read Planet Hulk? He's freaking PISSED!

Sorry, but big Hulk fan right here.

MikeM

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07
    You're not negative. You're wonderful !
    Thank you, FP...That's very kind of you.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

I always liked the Hulk/AF interaction in each first respective series, especially Sasquatch taking him on considering his origin.
    Though given the quality of crossovers lately it's probably better they don't show up.

gotta agree with phil, of not being involved is for the best.

i loved the planet hulk storyline, but hulk was being portrayed on superman type levels.

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    gotta agree with phil, of not being involved is for the best.
    *cough* what am I chopped liver?

sorry king.

it was just the one directly above me, and my add kicked in.

Come on guys, you know Flight doesn't have to actually appear in a comic to be affec..er... annihilated.

"NEWSFLASH! On his way across the Atlantic, the Hulk leaps from NY to Labrador to Greenland". Reports say the green goliath landed on one structure on his brief stay in the province. Reports are saying dozens of people were killed in the incident. Included in the known dead are heroes; Northstar, Aurora and Madison Jefferies(all three recently un-brainwashed and were celebrating), Diamond Lil, Earthmover, Feedback, Flex, Flinch, Ghost Girl, Goblyn, Manikin, Murmur, Pathway, Persuasion, Snowbird, James Husdon(Yes, he actually survived the Collective attack... but he's dead now), the temperal copies of Alpha Flight, Millenial Visions Alpha Flight, Alpha Flights from earths 607, 728 and 2305... oh, this just in, reports of a green female, possibly the long thought dead Marrina, appearing from the water to help find survivors... was shot by RCMP mistaking her for the Hulk. 'Me beys was fooled by da greeniness dere, wha. That Hulk by's, he's got some pretty big man-boobs dere. Wha this? Just a rum 'n coke by. No I'm not drunk by, I only had t'ree drinks, me love' says RCMP Constable Newfie McStereotype."

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead
    Come on guys, you know Flight doesn't have to actually appear in a comic to be affec..er... annihilated.

"NEWSFLASH! On his way across the Atlantic, the Hulk leaps from NY to Labrador to Greenland". Reports say the green goliath landed on one structure on his brief stay in the province. Reports are saying dozens of people were killed in the incident. Included in the known dead are heroes; Northstar, Aurora and Madison Jefferies(all three recently un-brainwashed and were celebrating), Diamond Lil, Earthmover, Feedback, Flex, Flinch, Ghost Girl, Goblyn, Manikin, Murmur, Pathway, Persuasion, Snowbird, James Husdon(Yes, he actually survived the Collective attack... but he's dead now), the temperal copies of Alpha Flight, Millenial Visions Alpha Flight, Alpha Flights from earths 607, 728 and 2305... oh, this just in, reports of a green female, possibly the long thought dead Marrina, appearing from the water to help find survivors... was shot by RCMP mistaking her for the Hulk. 'Me beys was fooled by da greeniness dere, wha. That Hulk by's, he's got some pretty big man-boobs dere. Wha this? Just a rum 'n coke by. No I'm not drunk by, I only had t'ree drinks, me love' says RCMP Constable Newfie McStereotype."
    Har!
    A good one, that is.
    But totally unbelievable.
    Everyone knows there are no structures in Labrador big enough to hold that many people! (Besides, ain't Labrador a doggie?)

"NEWSFLASH! Millions of American heroes eagerly head to the Atlantic provinces to become the offical protectors of far eastern Canada!"
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Dana
    That's a negative on the negative! I think you're just a bit too real for folks sometimes! It's kind like being told, "I told ya so" without saying the words. On the positive side, at least you don't use double negatives. Though in your case that may be a bad thing because two negatives make a positive or somesuch.
    "Well, the only person talking about love today is the preacher. And it seems noboday gets just all the learning but the teacher."

The Temptations "Ball of Confusion"

Quote Originally Posted by Barnacle13

Dana
    That's a negative on the negative! I think you're just a bit too real for folks sometimes! It's kind like being told, "I told ya so" without saying the words. On the positive side, at least you don't use double negatives. Though in your case that may be a bad thing because two negatives make a positive or somesuch.
    LOL...That's right. I'm just trying to point out is that AF has had Crossover/company wide-events exposure (even though some folks seem to believe they've had none). I think any exposure helps, large or small.

I forgot to mention the Marvel/DC crossover(Amalgam) and the Age of Apocalypse multi X-book crossovers(AF was involved in those too).

I really feel more and more, Alpha Flight should have had a crossover (or two) with the X-Men and Wolverine (He used to be one of them, per retcon). Why didn't Marvel have a big AF/Wolvie/X-event during Volumes one or two? Why couldn't Alpha have been involved in the Phalanx Covenant X-crossover or the Bastion/Sentinel one?

Wolverine and X-Men have been the biggest selling titles longterm of Marvel...Why didn't they take advantage of that (AF freakin' debuted in X-Men, for Pete's sake!)? I know some of you are opposed to Wolvie appearing in AF, but I think it could possibly get more X-readers interested in AF and Truthfully...AF needs all the help and readers it can get.

It's kind of too late for the Wolvie crossover to work, with Mac, Heather, Shaman and Puck all dead(All the folks Logan is closest to in AF)...It just wouldn't feel right without his friends there...Sigh.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

I've been a pretty big fan of the whole Planet Hulk thing, along with most of the World War Hulk previews. I'm sad to hear that Omega won't be making an appearance because I think it'd be mighty fun of them to do so... I also agree that even in the present incarnation they could tear the old Hulk apart... of course, in his present state I'm inclined to think that no one can really stand up to him, but thats because I'm accepting the ridiculous sudden boost to his invulnerability of being able to stand against BB... I think that rather than going against the green man himself, they could certainly at least play a part in battling some of the many minions he should be bringing with him to Earth... its good to hear that the Green Man doesn't have any beef with Canada though... I'm thinking being on the other side of his rampaging would not be the most favorable place to be.
    The ability to defy death can be achieved...
    It is a state acquired through compassion not greed...