Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No Omega Flight in World War Hulk

Default No Omega Flight in World War Hulk

From one of the panels and the Con in LA

"Omega Flight in WWH?" McCann: "They'll be busy getting set up in Canada, which is not part of the world," he joked.

http://www.newsarama.com/WWLA_07/Marvel/mondo.html

Good, it's for the best. As a new team that gets manhandled by Hulk will not get respect in the Marvel U.

I think OF would destroy Hulk, but this story seems like Hulk is going to have a huge jobber aura around him.

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
    Good, it's for the best. As a new team that gets manhandled by Hulk will not get respect in the Marvel U.

I think OF would destroy Hulk, but this story seems like Hulk is going to have a huge jobber aura around him.
    I dunno.

It loiks like he's gonna THRASH Black Bolt.

Which is bollocks.
    "You cannot win, mailman Mike. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

Quote Originally Posted by Transmetropolitan
    I dunno.

It loiks like he's gonna THRASH Black Bolt.

Which is bollocks.
    That's what I'm saying, by all account he should not beat BB

My point is, if they're letting him curbstomp Black Bolt, there won't be any especial shame in losing to Hulk this time around- and if OF were an ongoing, I'd welcome a tie-in, just for the exposure.

But wth only five issues?

No time.
    "You cannot win, mailman Mike. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

My point is, if they're letting him curbstomp Black Bolt, there won't be any especial shame in losing to Hulk this time around- and if OF were an ongoing, I'd welcome a tie-in, just for the exposure.

But wth only five issues?

No time.
    I find it the opposite, if this team can't take the Hulk how are heck are they going to fair against Elder Gods? As Alpha Flight use to battle often an even Exiles Alpha Flight.

No, see, you're using REASON.

Which has clearly gone out the window.

Black Bolt should have ATOMIZED Hulk

Everybody's gonna job to Hulk this time around. It's not going to get anyone BUT ol' Jade Jaws any glory.

Everybody's gonna job to Hulk this time around. It's not going to get anyone BUT ol' Jade Jaws any glory.
    Indeed even HOM Blackbolt with just a whisper vaporized Apoc, and at full force Black Bolt has ripped a hole in reality with his scream.

If Omega Flight actually helps, such as Walter and Bruce are friends then I would be for it. Fighting I hope they don't even bother not with this jobber Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi

Indeed even HOM Blackbolt with just a whisper vaporized Apoc, and at full force Black Bolt has ripped a hole in reality with his scream.

If Omega Flight actually helps, such as Walter and Bruce are friends then I would be for it. Fighting I hope they don't even bother not with this jobber Hulk.
    Sorry to nitpick, but I think you're using the term "jobber" incorrectly. When someone is said to be a "jobber", it usually means that they are defeated by another character in the goal of demonstrating of tough that other character is. In other words, in this particular example, Black Bolt is the one jobbing to the Hulk since we need to be shown just how strong the Hulk has become.

Which, to me, was a problem with AF Vol. 1, they really were not in any of the big Marvel events and never got any big exposure. The bigges I can remember off the top of my head was Acts of Vengeance but that was pretty well into the run. Imagine if there was an AF member like Puck or Sas in lets say, Secret Wars?

Quote Originally Posted by mreeez
    Which, to me, was a problem with AF Vol. 1, they really were not in any of the big Marvel events and never got any big exposure. The bigges I can remember off the top of my head was Acts of Vengeance but that was pretty well into the run. Imagine if there was an AF member like Puck or Sas in lets say, Secret Wars?
    They were in Contest of Champions(before they got their own series, of course), involved in Secret Wars II, in the multiple Infinity mini-series (especially the Infinty War and Infinity Crusade), had the two-issue crossover mini X-Men/Alpha Flight, they had a multi-issue crossover with the Avengers called "The Crossing Line" and the Acts of Vengeance event (two issues of AF, #79 and 80).

How were they not in any big Marvel events?

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    They were in Contest of Champions(before they got their own series, of course
    So that one may have helped the team, hm?

involved in Secret Wars II
    Oh yay. They caught the re-run.

in the multiple Infinity mini-series (especially the Infinty War and Infinity Crusade)
    Where their characterization was, to be generous, mishandled.

had the two-issue crossover mini X-Men/Alpha Flight
    WHich is not a BIG event, it's a two-issue crossover involving NO ONE ELSE.

they had a multi-issue crossover with the Avengers called "The Crossing Line"
    Which I've never even HEARD of.

and the Acts of Vengeance event (two issues of AF, #79 and 80).
    All right, this one I'll buy.

But

Onslaught? Nary a tie-in. Not even an appearance by the characters that I can recall.

House of M? Throwaway characters mixed into a stew of much more prominent types.

Infinity Gauntlet? I can;t recall a single AFer being directly involved. Maybe Heather, I don;t remember.

Or to put it another way-

Every other event that brings the X-Men, Avengers, and Fantastic Four into the same room usually leaves Alpha in the cold.

They were in Contest of Champions(before they got their own series, of course), involved in Secret Wars II, in the multiple Infinity mini-series (especially the Infinty War and Infinity Crusade), had the two-issue crossover mini X-Men/Alpha Flight, they had a multi-issue crossover with the Avengers called "The Crossing Line" and the Acts of Vengeance event (two issues of AF, #79 and 80).

Dana
    Old AF had no real influence in any of the major Mavel events. They were not in Infinity Guantlet (the most important of the Infinity ones as Marvel was just milking the idea after that) and had no major roles in the other two (well Aurora had a role in one of the others but I forget which but the twins get love from other books a lot).

The most important crossovers at the time were the ones in the X-Men books where AF did not appear (The Massacre, Fall of the Mutants, Inferno etc) and it's pretty easy to get AF in an X-Men storyline.

They were not in the Secret Wars or the Evolutionary War, they no real role in Secret Wars II except to have the Beyonder show up in their book which he did in almost every book at the time.

Never in any of the Marvel crossovers did any AF member play any important role in that crossover. Back then they used to have side stories in other books to boost sales in case someone wanted to get every book in the story but they were not essential (Look as SW II, over 40 books you would have had to buy to get the whole she-bang).

Point is, I am not looking at being in a Marvel event as "Hey look, I think I see an Alphan in this issue way in the back of the frame", they were never part of it as in having some good part in the main storyline.

You always see the same Marvel heroes at the table so to speak when it comes to dealing with major threats in the big events, Cap, Iron Man, FF, Spider Man, Wolvie etc. It would have been cool to see Heather at the table with the big boys but that never happened. That's the kind of exposure I am talking about, not a token non important tie in issue to get money from the folks that want to get every tie in available.

They were in Contest of Champions(before they got their own series, of course
    So that one may have helped the team, hm?

involved in Secret Wars II
    Oh yay. They caught the re-run.

in the multiple Infinity mini-series (especially the Infinty War and Infinity Crusade)
    Where their characterization was, to be generous, mishandled.

had the two-issue crossover mini X-Men/Alpha Flight
    WHich is not a BIG event, it's a two-issue crossover involving NO ONE ELSE.

they had a multi-issue crossover with the Avengers called "The Crossing Line"
    Which I've never even HEARD of.

and the Acts of Vengeance event (two issues of AF, #79 and 80).
    All right, this one I'll buy.

But

Onslaught? Nary a tie-in. Not even an appearance by the characters that I can recall.

House of M? Throwaway characters mixed into a stew of much more prominent types.

Infinity Gauntlet? I can;t recall a single AFer being directly involved. Maybe Heather, I don;t remember.

Or to put it another way-

Every other event that brings the X-Men, Avengers, and Fantastic Four into the same room usually leaves Alpha in the cold.
    Wow...And people call me negative....Sheeesh!

Dana

Dana
    Old AF had no real influence in any of the major Mavel events. They were not in Infinity Guantlet (the most important of the Infinity ones as Marvel was just milking the idea after that) and had no major roles in the other two (well Aurora had a role in one of the others but I forget which but the twins get love from other books a lot).

The most important crossovers at the time were the ones in the X-Men books where AF did not appear (The Massacre, Fall of the Mutants, Inferno etc) and it's pretty easy to get AF in an X-Men storyline.

They were not in the Secret Wars or the Evolutionary War, they no real role in Secret Wars II except to have the Beyonder show up in their book which he did in almost every book at the time.

Never in any of the Marvel crossovers did any AF member play any important role in that crossover. Back then they used to have side stories in other books to boost sales in case someone wanted to get every book in the story but they were not essential (Look as SW II, over 40 books you would have had to buy to get the whole she-bang).

Point is, I am not looking at being in a Marvel event as "Hey look, I think I see an Alphan in this issue way in the back of the frame", they were never part of it as in having some good part in the main storyline.

You always see the same Marvel heroes at the table so to speak when it comes to dealing with major threats in the big events, Cap, Iron Man, FF, Spider Man, Wolvie etc. It would have been cool to see Heather at the table with the big boys but that never happened. That's the kind of exposure I am talking about, not a token non important tie in issue to get money from the folks that want to get every tie in available.
    Sigh.........Okay..I give up.

Dana